PDA

View Full Version : Is this Web site Dying???

Swando
03-07-2009, 02:29 AM
This "used" to be a site to find out about all the teams including the Vancouver Giants...but I see that fewer and fewer posts are made from all teams about their own team. Any comments?

DunnerStunner
03-07-2009, 08:44 AM
i believe the true diehard dub fans still post

dondo
03-08-2009, 02:26 PM
a lot of US teams are on white boards or blue boards, or whatever threaded version of boards they have out there.

Giantsbeat has drawn a large amount of regular Giants posters there, and it's good because that kind of forum was needed and they are doing a great job with bus trips and giving us a bit of the inside track now and again.

The Eastern teams seem to be fairly well represented. PG used to be an active forum so I'm not sure where those guys have gone.

But I agree the traffic has seemed to slow down here a bit across the board.

One of the things people could do here is to respectfully go to the other guys boards and post after a game between the two teams. That way you get to know the other posters and gain a better knowledge of the other fans teams as they see them.

There's some great fans out there and if we keep the kind troll and spam posts to a minimum we could raise the level of discussion across the whole forum.

BTW other teams fans love to hear about how their former player is doing on their new team so a post here and there about that is a good way to break the ice with other fans.

Just a thought.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-08-2009, 02:38 PM
This "used" to be a site to find out about all the teams including the Vancouver Giants...but I see that fewer and fewer posts are made from all teams about their own team. Any comments?

I was wondering the same thing. Seems like a lot less activity than last year.

rinkrat
03-08-2009, 10:41 PM
PG used to be an active forum so I'm not sure where those guys have gone.

They were friends/family of Real Cyr. Now he has moved on from the dub, so have his "posters".
You'll see the same with Jason Reese and his clan soon.
Its a trend! :groovy: