PDA

View Full Version : Toigo Fined

westey
03-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Toigo fined by the league $500 re officiating in game vs. Calgary.

I would pay that after the game.

scrunt
03-07-2009, 11:20 PM
What did he say, and to whom? I know I had a few choice words about the officiating myself.

dondo
03-08-2009, 12:45 AM
The league needs to take these complaints far more seriously than they have been. Last night was an example of how far the level of officiating slips when the league coddles these guys.

We have seen some really poor, and mind-boggling reffing this year and as far as last night's game, it could seriously impact future revenues for the team as they had a whole lot of people who might never have come to a Giants game before and watching that travesty might convince them not to try again.

It was a marquee match-up that was simply destroyed by petty, unbalanced officiating, in every single position. The game should never had been held hostage by horrific officials doing a piss poor job.

I'm sure Ron doesn't mind that bill in the least.

Trav
03-08-2009, 09:13 AM
do anything bout their poor officials, we see that here in Saskatoon, bad calls like there were yesterday, even a checking from behind call on a Hurricanes player that should've been four minutes at least, the Blades player was quite woozy. You'd think with the two refs they'd do a better job but it still blows.

dagley
03-08-2009, 10:28 AM
The reffing around the league needs to get looked at, it just isn't out West...it's in the East too. It's terrible.

Dante
03-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Never heard so much whining about losing from any other team. The Giants lost the game, they are a great team but were incredibly out-played. Accept it. Took many lazy penalties then couldn't kill them. End of story. Reffing is the same for everyone.

dondo
03-08-2009, 02:04 PM
^ oddly Dante you still don't seem to get it... it has nothing to do with losing it has to do with refs coming in with agendas, not calling the game in front of them and making it all about them.

I really could care less about the loss in the end (we're all going to the playoffs), but I do not want to see any more great games ruined by bad reffing and these guys above have said its rampant around the league and in my mind getting worse.

Tell me you've never had Kirk skating around your arena and felt a sinking feeling that the game was going to be about him and not the two teams.

Funnily enough I find that when it's just one ref is on the ice that the product on the ice seems to be better.

Its a business and when the people responsible for noting and assigning infractions have less than complete knowledge about their own rule book, and take it upon themselves to make "statements" in games then the system is broken.

johnnyradiant
03-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Never heard so much whining about losing from any other team. The Giants lost the game, they are a great team but were incredibly out-played. Accept it. Took many lazy penalties then couldn't kill them. End of story. Reffing is the same for everyone.

Sunday night the Giants won. I was even more frustrated with the reffing than Friday night. Maybe because it was two home games in a row, whatever. It seems reffing is the same for everyone in the league throughout the season. There are some really poorly called games out there, just not everyone is bright enough to see poor reffing for what it is and realize how detrimental it can be for the game.

the flying moose
03-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Everyone will say the reffing was against their home team but when the reffing is so bad that you and many other fans start to boo calls against the visiting team, you know the reffing is bad.

There are three home games in PG I can remember that had Zalaski, Kirk and Papp reffing and PG fans were actually booing calls against the other team. It just slows the game down and makes it unbearable to watch. The three games also happen to be games that me and my family walked out on because the reffing had made the game so frustrating to watch.

dondo
03-09-2009, 08:46 PM
here's what Tiogo said -- thanks to candawg on another site for transcribing this:

for those that are interested --

Dan Elliott: We are joined by Giants majority owner Ron Toigo. Ron your thoughts on the first 40 minutes?

Ron Toigo: Well its unfortunate the officiating isn't keeping up with the game because this is a game with the top two teams and its been one sided all night long and just let them play the game and um for the most part the officiating has been great all year but tonight the two guys are having a tough time....

also flying Moose that's not only bad reffing, but very astute fans, I know I sometimes sigh when they call a soft one against the other team, but I rarely boo that -- I can't say never, because I seem to recall a ticky-tack penalty-fest where I did just that.

Priceisright
03-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Very inconsistent reffing to be sure. In my opinion you shouldn't even realize the refs on the ice for a good game to occur. Let the players decide matters. I think they wanted to steal the show.

This isn't the only game this has happened. And I agree the league should sit down with all parties regarding the overall refereeing the league.

Perhaps they do this?

LOL like $500 fine matters to Toigo. I say well worth whatever he said. applause