PDA

View Full Version : Canes or Ice?

wheat_city
03-10-2009, 05:46 PM
who would you guys rather face in round one and why.

wheat_city
03-10-2009, 05:47 PM
i guess we could still face the tigers too.

Section Ten
03-10-2009, 06:13 PM
With the return of Luca Sbisa (15 points in 15 games), and the trade for Kyle Beach--let's assume for a minute that he won't get suspended for the entire series ;), the Canes are a better team than their record. And though his stats this year are not as good as last year, Juha Metsola is capable of stealing a game or two in a series.

The only reason we would want to play them is to prove that we can beat them this year and get rid of any doubts from last year's first round loss.

This is not to say that Kootenay would be a cakewalk either--they are also a very good team. Statistically, they are virtually identical to Lethbridge. I just think I like our chances better against them in a best of seven series.

Thankfully it looks like Hayes is getting strong at just the right time! Many of our wins have resulted strictly from overpowering offense. The teams that win 16 games in the playoffs will typically win a few greasy ones--I for one would not mind seeing one or two of those from our guys!

Go Wheaties!

Boltz9
03-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Theres actually a pretty good chance we could face Medicine Hat with them having just a 1 point advantage over Kootenay for 5th place and Kootenay has a game in hand. Out of those 3 teams I think we would have the best chance of winning a series with Kootenay. I wouldn't mind seeing the Kyle Beach show come to town and get revenge on the Hurricanes for last postseason but they could upset us. I also wouldn't mind seeing Miscue return with the Tigers. Either way if Hayes plays these last couple games and starts a hot streak and Glennie comes back with the speed he had before I like our chances in the first round.

Go Wheat Kings! punk rock

brandonboy
03-10-2009, 10:28 PM
Wow! Saskatoon just lost to Moose Jaw tonight! Might make things interesting

dagley
03-10-2009, 11:24 PM
Don't know, don't care. Fully confident in this teams ability to beat any team in the league. The experience from last seasons loss to Lethbridge will give the boys an extra boost to get a little revenge, against anyone who they play. The team is getting back healthy, just need Aulie back and we're good to go.

Hopefully Glennie can get his legs and hands back this week, and be ready to go for playoffs. I love this team, love the depth up-front, and on the back end. I just worry about goaltending, it's my only concern. However, I believe Hayes is capable of getting on a roll, and hopefully can steal some games...he is just rattled really early.

Bring on anyone.

wheat_city
03-10-2009, 11:56 PM
wow now if brandon wins tommorow they will be one point back with two games remaining against the jaw with saskatoon facing the raiders in there last 2 games.

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
03-11-2009, 06:37 AM
wow now if brandon wins tommorow they will be one point back with two games remaining against the jaw with saskatoon facing the raiders in there last 2 games.

That SO loss in PA may come and bit them in the ass after all!!! Who would of thought they would be in this position with 3 games left a week ago???

brandonboy
03-11-2009, 07:02 AM
That SO loss in PA may come and bit them in the ass after all!!! Who would of thought they would be in this position with 3 games left a week ago???
Hopefully PA come's out like a team fighting to make the post season and can steal a couple for us.