PDA

View Full Version : Broncos vs. Brandon

CrazyGeorge
03-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Just curious if I saw things correctly but was McAvoy playing a few shifts at forward? I was sure to see Doyle, Claffey and McAvoy on the ice at the same time...could someone confirm this? #2 (Doyle), #24 (claffey) and #5 (McAvoy)??

t-man
03-11-2009, 08:23 PM
I think you are right. If not he was sure down deep in the offensive zone alot in the third period.. He had a strong game tonight!

Good job boys..

I knew we could beat them, It was just a matter of playing a full game against them.

Toswammi
03-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Mac played forward in the third period i guess.

trucker
03-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Good job boys! Nice to have that monkey off our back! Bring on Regina, play a strong weekend and hold our heads high heading into playoffs. Can't wait to see who we are gonna play, my preference is the Ice, maybe a little more time on the bus but I would like to see someone take revenge on that CHEAP shot Stickland took after making a clean hit, can't remember his name but he needs to pay! A little Chynoweth cup would be fun too!!

Goonarsk
03-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Kootenay just lost to Edmonton... so I'm thinking the Broncos are going to be playing the Tigers in the first round. If that's the case, we Bronco fans better bring the noise because you know MH will.

stick boy
03-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Way to go Broncos, can't wait for the playoffs. Too bad Regina is already done, would have been sweet to end their season for a second straight year.

Makes me wonder if we will have some call-ups in the line-up Friday to give some guys a rest and prevent needless injuries or do you keep the group together and try and stay hot for the playoffs? Who would even be available and out of their midget playoffs?

Ernst, Habscheid, and Blanke are the ones that come to mind to me.

Toswammi
03-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Yeah i can see some call-ups making thier way onto the roster...then again i could also see that not happening as the coaching staff will likely not want to coast into the playoffs.

Regardless I hope the city is ready to put on a show on March 20th and 21 cause that is games 1 & 2

luv_the_pats
03-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Way to go Broncos, can't wait for the playoffs. Too bad Regina is already done, would have been sweet to end their season for a third straight year.

Makes me wonder if we will have some call-ups in the line-up Friday to give some guys a rest and prevent needless injuries or do you keep the group together and try and stay hot for the playoffs? Who would even be available and out of their midget playoffs?

Ernst, Habscheid, and Blanke are the ones that come to mind to me.

just curious, how do you figure "third straight year." If I remember correctly, the Pats beat the Broncos in the 2006/2007 play off series. I believe it was Leffler that got the winning goal in Swift.

dagley
03-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Yonkman played awesome

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Way to go Broncos, can't wait for the playoffs. Too bad Regina is already done, would have been sweet to end their season for a third straight year.

third straight year? 2007 was the one year we ended your season (as clarified above)

And even if you were the one to put the last nail in the coffin, I wouldnt look at it that way since, in reality, the pats were done once the day they released Dudas. That sent the message to the rest of the team(again, SC's relation to that trade doesnt mean much). I wouldnt see this as a tie breaker, so to speak, since the pats really killed their own chances more than anybody.

We ended your season 2 years ago, you ended ours last year. Next time they face in the playoffs is the real tie breaker.

dagley
03-12-2009, 08:22 PM
To bad it cant be this season huh?

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-12-2009, 08:42 PM
thats what you think

pats in 6

CJSenterprise4
03-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Can't wait for the Playoff series predictions....right now i am leaning towards Swift in 6 or 7 against the Tigers. Home ice is huge in this series

d-man
03-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Can't wait for the Playoff series predictions....right now i am leaning towards Swift in 6 or 7 against the Tigers. Home ice is huge in this series
Either Swift in 6 or Ennis in 5

trucker
03-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Not having tassone will definately affect our depth up front. As long as we play 60 min of good hockey we should go at least 2nd round even without him. Kootney is good likewise Medicine Hat but belief in our dressing room is whats gonna win games. The Broncos have played well as of late because of pressure from our offense and how about that guy named Yonkman?!? It is soon to begin, that exciting time in Swift Current where fans stand in line for hours to get their playoff tickets on gameday, LOVE IT!! I wonder what the Pats fans are going to do after this weekend, maybe come down to the I-Plex and help cheer on the Broncos! vci11

CJSenterprise4
03-13-2009, 12:28 AM
I wonder what the Pats fans are going to do after this weekend, maybe come down to the I-Plex and help cheer on the Broncos! vci11

Just going to walk 2 blocks down to Crescent Point Place here in Weyburn and watch the Red Wings probably beat Levi Lind and the Melville Millionaires. Bantam AA is what i am more interested in as they are playing the Balgonie Prairie Storm in the 2nd round of their playoffs.