PDA

View Full Version : Lost all Respect for Derkatch

patsdude114
03-13-2009, 10:17 PM
The little respect i did have for Derkatch is now gone... unless Robertson was sick or hurt..

A 20 yr old should of been playing in his 2nd last game of the year no matter what. There is no way him or Bartley should be a healthy scratch from our roster at this point of the season. If Robertson wasnt sick/injuried that is the biggest kick in the teeth to him, and also his teammates. As his WHL career is done as of tomorrow & to sit him out in the teams 2nd last game is not right.

Wow Derkatch that move speeks alot of yourself & ur values. Your pathedic.

Derkatch is what is wrong with this team, its not the players, its not the management. Parker did hire the wrong guy and Derkatch just showed his true colours tonight by sitting Robertson. Ya it prob wouldnt of helped to beat Swifty but i really dont care if we beat them or got hammered 10-0.

I really hope someone can come prove me wrong on this 1 with something that proves Robertson was sick/injured for this game. Cuz right now i am very pissed off with Derkatch. Your not going to send a mesage at this point of the year you stupid arse.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-13-2009, 10:53 PM
Hold your horses, Patsdude. Its not about making a point or sending a message at all. The fact that he is a 20 year old does not exempt him from the expectations the coaches have for him. If he isnt working hard at practise, its Derks perogative to bench whoever for someone who is working harder, ESPECIALLY a 20 year old, who is supposed to lead the way for the younger guys.

That being said, we probably could have used him tonight. The game was closer than the score indicates, but this season has been ridiculous, and we continue to get the short end of the stick.

I actually feel pretty bad for Derkatch right now. You think the fans are beyond frustrated. I cant see him feeling too confident right now, since he is likely going to take the fall for all of this.

patsdude114
03-14-2009, 12:04 AM
Robertson was scratched in favour of playing a under age kid in Andrew Rieder.

Robertson has been 1 of the best Pats of late... having recorded a point in each of his last 5 games 4 goals & 4 assists in that span.

Its not the fact of Robertson not working cuz he has been, has been a great pick up for us since the trade deadline 1 of our better all around players. Then scratch him with his 2nd last ever game to be played in the WHL im sorry no matter what you say taht is a huge kick in the teeth to Robertson. Derkatch is the biggest joke of a coach in this league.

Maybe if Derkatch wasnt always throwing him arms up in disgust with his team during shifts, maybe if he wasnt calling out players in the media, maybe his players would still have respect for this guy. There is very little respect if any at all going towards Derkatch. Parker better fire his a$$ this summer cuz he is the whole problem with this team. This team was 1 of the better defensive teams in the league under Hunt, played some good systems, the player personal hardly changed within the vetern group but yet we were 1 of the worst defensive teams in the whole league.

Derkatch preached offence way to much with a Hunt built team. You cant preach a certain way to play if you dont have the players within to play that system. That was Derkatch's 1st mistake this year. Poor Rowat was hung out to dry on way to many nights this season. I dont recall seeing a period this year where we gave up less then two 3 on 2 rushes. Which is a great scoring chance against us. seemed like we gave up a min of 2 breakaway's a game. The fans were tough on Bartley & Teubert at times this year (and i will admit i was 1 of those guys at certain times hard on Teubert) but really the more & more i think about it, its not really Teubert's fault when your coach is wanting you to hold the line to try to force that turnover.

As frustrating as this season has been both on the players & the fans in th end Parker should be held responsible for this bringing in a coach who wasnt ready for the WHL. Ultimately this season should cost Derkatch his job. The talent was in that locker room to be a playoff team. To be a team that should of competed for the division with Brandon & Saskatoon.

With how our blueline was this year, this team should of been preaching defence 1st. Yes we had prob 1 of the better top 3 D in our conference but our next 3 were really unproven guys. It doesnt take a person much to understand that maybe, just maybe our focus should of been blocking shots (which we hardly did this season) playing a tight defensive system (which we didnt do on our best nights) & most importantly be disipline (which we definately werent).

Derkatch did a terrible job with this team, he couldnt regconize what this team had for players and what type of system he needed to play. Derkatch came in as soon as he was hired and stated "I want our team to be top 3 in goals for, & top 5 in penalty minutes" What coach says you want to be in the top 5 for penalty minutes?? Espeically with how the game is played now with all the PP chances.

I really hope tomorrow is the end of the Derkatch era as Pats head coach. I rarely want to see a coach take the fall for a teams play, but in this case im sorry Mr. Derkatch it must be done. The roster next year has the potential to have less talent in the line-up then this years roster had. Alot of teams faith determines on Eberle, Leffler, Teubert, Delahey & possibly Rowat fate with pro hockey commitments. It could very well happen that we loose all 5 of these players. Do i think it will happen?? NO i dont but it could very well happen. If infact this happens the Pats will miss the playoffs another year, be it with Derkatch or without him. At least if we are missing these players it will be expected to miss the playoffs.

Im done for tonight with my rants... Im still hoping someone finds some info on why Robertson wasnt playing?? & that it wasnt cuz he was a healthy scratch. As this was my last straw on Derkatch, what tomorrow night (sat) does Derkatch sit Bartley our team C & Eberle???

Dwight Schrute
03-14-2009, 06:27 AM
matt is a healthy scratch, and quite upset about it, the only reason he was given was so they could give ice time to young guys who will be around next year. bartley was also supposed to have been a scratch. with 26 goals and 2 games left robertson was close to hitting his target of 30 goals. now not so much. disgusting move by the pats, lack of class.
like your out of the playoffs..... why not bench a bonehead like teubert ?

Speedy Broncs
03-14-2009, 10:15 AM
Never saw him on bench all 2nd period .... never noticed any injury in the first but another fan sitting beside mentioned that Derkatch blew up at him at end of first and told him to get in the f****** dressing room. What happened there?

Any history throughout the year between Teubert and Weal ... while on bench saw Teubert yelling at Weal, Weal pulls out mouthguard, clearly see him yelling back with a clear F*** you!

Fair to say that he has had a less-than-great year? Honestly, looked slow to react to the Bronc's forwards speed last night ... have only saw him when in SC but can't say I was overly impressed.

dagley
03-14-2009, 11:48 AM
In favor of playing younger guys, that's just a stupid response. The kid probably has years left of playing in the league, and to sit out two twenty year old's in their final two games of their career is nothing but pathetic. The years the kids played in the league we're probably the highlight of their lives, playing in such a prestige league, with guys they consider friends on the team and not to let them play the final few games of their WHL career is a shame

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-14-2009, 12:58 PM
If any of this is true (benchings plus the Tuebert/Weal blowup) then this team needs to be completely and totally overhauled next year. Sounds like especially the coach.

patsdude114
03-14-2009, 04:35 PM
I thought it was a very classless act by Derkatch so scartch Robertson.... Derkatch is a joke & always will be in my eyes now. I dont care what he did with the Pats in his playing days.... Incase he doesnt know those are things of the past... he will always be remembered now in Pats history as a pathedic excuse of a coach.

As for the Teubert & Weal thing.... no idea what that is about, could be frustration on the players for the season that was.

But there is some huge problems in Pat land and Parker MUST address this once the season is done. If Teubert is returned to the WHL next season and refuses to report to the Pats cuz of Derkatch, you will never get what his value should be on a trade market. Teubert has had a rough year yes, mainly cuz he has tried to do too much. Put in the right situation he could excel like he did last year which made him a 1st round draft pick.

My buddy who is in the coaching ranks in Bantam tier 1 said the day Derkatch was hired that its going to back fire massively in Parker's face. He has watched a ton of games with Derkatch behind the bench in Notre Dame & said if he pulls any of the stuff he did behind there bench he will loose the respect of the players on a WHL franchise. Him having played a handful of games in the WHL but mainly junior A back in BC.

I will be definately writing a letter into the Pats office this offseason, i should probably wait til i cool off from this season. As my name will be left on the letter to Mr. Parker with a phone # as well if he cares to call after lol

As for tonights game our last of this horrible season, it is 430pm and im still debating if i should waste my time tonight & even go. Hell inviting a friend over sitting at home playing PS3 online hockey with NHL09 sounds more fun lol