PDA

View Full Version : Metsola

sbtatter
03-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Heard he went off on a stretcher, tonight, what happened?

moon
03-14-2009, 09:40 PM
Heard he went off on a stretcher, tonight, what happened?

He was run into by a Ice player and hit his head on the ice when he fell over.

Looks like it was more precautionary than anything else, he was waving when leaving the ice, but obviously scary none the less.

Without him the play-offs will last 4 games, heck with him it could be that short as well!

In the crowd
03-15-2009, 08:42 PM
What really happened was Eric Frere was cutting to the net with the puck from Metsolas left, right as Frere was in front of the net, Scevior came out of nowhere and hammered Frere right into Metsola. From what I've heard from someone that saw the replay, it looked like Frere's elbow might have hit Metsola's chin. It was too bad because it looked like Frere was just gonna skate right by from the angle he was coming in at. Nobody even went after Frere so that kinda explains that it wasn't his fault.

moon
03-15-2009, 09:14 PM
What really happened was Eric Frere was cutting to the net with the puck from Metsolas left, right as Frere was in front of the net, Scevior came out of nowhere and hammered Frere right into Metsola. From what I've heard from someone that saw the replay, it looked like Frere's elbow might have hit Metsola's chin. It was too bad because it looked like Frere was just gonna skate right by from the angle he was coming in at. Nobody even went after Frere so that kinda explains that it wasn't his fault.

Who said it was his fault?

And what was said that didn't "really happen"?

In the crowd
03-15-2009, 10:01 PM
Nobody said it was his fault, I was just saying it wasn't his fault, and I was just explaining what REALLY happened. Sorry if I offended you in any way.

moon
03-16-2009, 08:14 AM
Nobody said it was his fault, I was just saying it wasn't his fault, and I was just explaining what REALLY happened. Sorry if I offended you in any way.

Didn't offend me. But the way you worded it "what really happened" sounded as though you were implying that what was said earlier wasn't what really happened.

Just wanted to clarify what you thought was wrong in the earlier post that was all.

jkanes
03-16-2009, 04:33 PM
at least he isnt goen for long, ive heard only 4-5 games, but he is getting re-evaluated early this week, so who knows......

sbtatter
03-16-2009, 04:35 PM
at least he isnt goen for long, ive heard only 4-5 games, but he is getting re-evaluated early this week, so who knows......
4 to 5 games, or 4 to 5 days? Because if it's 4 to 5 games, you guys are in trouble....

jkanes
03-16-2009, 04:42 PM
oops sorry bout that. 4-5 DAYS is what i meant, which means he'll be back just in time for the first round. Thanks for the correction!

sbtatter
03-16-2009, 04:46 PM
oops sorry bout that. 4-5 DAYS is what i meant, which means he'll be back just in time for the first round. Thanks for the correction!
The correction just made Blades fans sad!!!!

jkanes
03-16-2009, 05:06 PM
haha dont worry, i HIGHLY doubt the canes will be able to handle the blades

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-20-2009, 04:09 PM
I like Stasiuks attempt to "sell em on Tadjdeh"

From the Saskatoon Star Pheonix today:

Meanwhile, Lethbridge Hurricanes general manager Roy Stasiuk said his No. 1 goaltender, Juha Metsola, is unlikely to start Friday’s opening playoff game against the Blades at Credit Union Centre.

“We’re hoping for Game 2,” said Stasiuk. “(Wednesday) he was still suffering from a slight headache, so we want to take every precaution so that doesn’t turn into a long-term injury.

“The good news is, it’s not a severe concussion. If anything, it’s a mild concussion and he has to come out of that spasm in his neck.”

Metsola was taken from the ice on a stretcher last Saturday following a collision with Kootenay Ice defenceman Eric Frere. If Metsola can’t go, back-up Michael Tadjdeh will get the call for the ’Canes.

“He’s a quality goaltender,” said Stasiuk. “He’s different than Juha in the fact that he handles the puck very well. That’s something a lot of people don’t talk about — how a team has to adjust to a different style of goaltending.”

Bocephus
03-20-2009, 05:11 PM

Meanwhile, Lethbridge Hurricanes general manager Roy Stasiuk said his No. 1 goaltender, Juha Metsola, is unlikely to start Friday’s opening playoff game against the Blades at Credit Union Centre.

“We’re hoping for Game 2,” said Stasiuk. “(Wednesday) he was still suffering from a slight headache, so we want to take every precaution so that doesn’t turn into a long-term injury.

“The good news is, it’s not a severe concussion. If anything, it’s a mild concussion and he has to come out of that spasm in his neck.”

Metsola was taken from the ice on a stretcher last Saturday following a collision with Kootenay Ice defenceman Eric Frere. If Metsola can’t go, back-up Michael Tadjdeh will get the call for the ’Canes.

“He’s a quality goaltender,” said Stasiuk. “He’s different than Juha in the fact that he handles the puck very well. That’s something a lot of people don’t talk about — how a team has to adjust to a different style of goaltending.”

Wow, just wow!
That guy is a shrewd judge of talent? Makes a guy wonder.
Go Blades Go

O&C
03-20-2009, 05:55 PM

You forgot to mention when Roy said "He always makes the big saves, as well as controls rebounds extremely well..." (insert sarcasm) :thumb:

moosedawg
03-20-2009, 07:16 PM
OK--so why is Anderson starting tonight if Tajdeh is sooo stellar?

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Coach Dyck is stickin it to GM Stasiuk for not getting him a half decent back-up. The coach picks his starting goalie eh. Oh ya, that's right, we had 2 quality back-ups but gave them to our competition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!