PDA

View Full Version : WHL playoffs; Round 1: Brandon vs. Kootenay

dagley
03-14-2009, 09:53 PM
It's set. The Brandon Wheat Kings will face the Kootenay Ice in Round 1 of the Quarter Finals of the WHL playoffs.

wheat_city
03-14-2009, 10:22 PM
The ICE finished in sixth place in the Eastern Conference and are 2-1-0-1 against Brandon this season, 0-1-0-1 at home and 2-0-0-0 on the road.

The best of seven series will start in Brandon on Friday, March 20.

Friday, March 20 @ Brandon – 6:30 pm
Saturday, March 21 @ Brandon – 6:30 pm
Tuesday, March 24 @ Kootenay – 7:00 pm
Wednesday, March 25 @ Kootenay – 7:00 pm
Friday, March 27 @ Brandon – 6:30 pm *
Sunday, March 29 @ Kootenay – 6:00 pm*
Tuesday, March 31 @ Brandon (Winnipeg) – 6:00 pm *
*If necessary

dagley
03-14-2009, 11:02 PM
Winnipeg? Are you ****ing serious?

dagley
03-14-2009, 11:15 PM
Brandon in 5 anyway! 13 hour drive. Anybody wanna split gas and come to Kootenay? Ill drive, lol.

sbtatter
03-14-2009, 11:22 PM
The ICE finished in sixth place in the Eastern Conference and are 2-1-0-1 against Brandon this season, 0-1-0-1 at home and 2-0-0-0 on the road.

The best of seven series will start in Brandon on Friday, March 20.

Friday, March 20 @ Brandon – 6:30 pm
Saturday, March 21 @ Brandon – 6:30 pm
Tuesday, March 24 @ Kootenay – 7:00 pm
Wednesday, March 25 @ Kootenay – 7:00 pm
Friday, March 27 @ Brandon – 6:30 pm *
Sunday, March 29 @ Kootenay – 6:00 pm*
Tuesday, March 31 @ Brandon (Winnipeg) – 6:00 pm *
*If necessary
I hope game 5 isn't at 6.30

WorkHorse
03-14-2009, 11:42 PM
Games 1, 2, and 5 and 7:30 PM (CST); 6:30 PM (MST) as per WHL website

Section_Z
03-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Nasty straw to pick. Not much of a reward for finishing 3rd in the conference!

1. Head west on Victoria Ave W toward 20th St 3.3 km
2. Continue on HWY-1A 9.8 km
3. Turn left at HWY-1 W
Entering Saskatchewan 344 km
4. Turn left onto the TC-1 ramp to Moose Jaw 0.4 km
5. Merge onto HWY-1 W
Entering Alberta 466 km
6. Take the exit toward Lethbridge/Crowsnest Hwy 0.5 km
7. Turn left at Gershaw Dr SW 3.0 km
8. Continue on HWY 3 6.5 km
9. Continue on 3 Hwy 1.1 km
10. Continue on HWY 3 102 km
11. Slight right at Hwy 3 W 99.7 km
12. Slight right toward Hwy 2 N/Hwy 3 W 0.4 km
13. Slight right at Hwy 2 N/Hwy 3 W
Continue to follow Hwy 3 W 5.6 km
14. Continue on HWY 3 60.0 km
15. Slight right at Hwy 3 W
Entering British Columbia 44.9 km
16. Continue on HWY 3/HWY 3B 145 km
17. Turn left at 6th St N 10 m

Driving directions to Cranbrook, BC
1,292 km – about 13 hours 50 mins

I guess we can't complain about the Vancouver PG first round match up now...

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-15-2009, 12:55 PM
I wouldnt count Kootenay out of this as easy. I say that it is at least a 6 game series.

Allin44
03-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Lets just win the first 2 and concede the 2 in Kootenay and not drive there?

Trevor
03-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Nasty straw to pick. Not much of a reward for finishing 3rd in the conference!

1. Head west on Victoria Ave W toward 20th St 3.3 km
2. Continue on HWY-1A 9.8 km
3. Turn left at HWY-1 W
Entering Saskatchewan 344 km
4. Turn left onto the TC-1 ramp to Moose Jaw 0.4 km
5. Merge onto HWY-1 W
Entering Alberta 466 km
6. Take the exit toward Lethbridge/Crowsnest Hwy 0.5 km
7. Turn left at Gershaw Dr SW 3.0 km
8. Continue on HWY 3 6.5 km
9. Continue on 3 Hwy 1.1 km
10. Continue on HWY 3 102 km
11. Slight right at Hwy 3 W 99.7 km
12. Slight right toward Hwy 2 N/Hwy 3 W 0.4 km
13. Slight right at Hwy 2 N/Hwy 3 W
Continue to follow Hwy 3 W 5.6 km
14. Continue on HWY 3 60.0 km
15. Slight right at Hwy 3 W
Entering British Columbia 44.9 km
16. Continue on HWY 3/HWY 3B 145 km
17. Turn left at 6th St N 10 m

Driving directions to Cranbrook, BC
1,292 km – about 13 hours 50 mins

I guess we can't complain about the Vancouver PG first round match up now...

It's a shorter drive than that, time wise. I used to live in Fernie, which is about an hour this way of Cranbrook. I was about a 10 1/2 to 11 hour drive, so say about 12 or 12 1/2 hours to Cranbrook.

And I'd rather have Kootenay than Lethbridge in the first round.

dagley
03-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Here is my analysis of this series. I will try to be unbiased.

Brandon Wheat Kings: (48-19-3-2) 101 pts
Kootenay Ice: (35-29-2-6) 78 pts

Season Series:

Nov 21st: Kootenay 7 @ Brandon 6 SO
Dec 31st: Brandon 3 @ Kootenay 2
Jan 1st: Kootenay 5 @ Brandon 6 SO
Jan 30: Brandon 2 @ Kootenay 3

Goaltending: I will give Brandon the slight edge in goaltending. I predict Kootenay will go with Nathan Lieuwen (14-12-0-2). Brandon will more than likely go with Andrew Hayes (30-11-2-1), neither goaltender has played a playoff game in the Western Hockey League. It's really a toss up, any goaltender has the ability to steal a game for their club. With Hayes getting into form, I believe he will be more up to par with the situation then Lieuwen.

Defense: I will give Brandon the edge on defense. Kootenay seems very shy on playoff experience on the backend, guys like Barteaux and Frere will log lots of minutes against either Clark or Schenn's line. I don't think many teams in the league are deep enough to stop Brandon's scoring depth up front, Brandon being able to run three scoring lines. It will be really important for Brandon to get on the fore check and wear down Kootenay's defense. The loss of Negrin doesn't help.

Offense: Kootenay will be looking for Dustin Sylvester, Andrew Bailey and Tylan Stephens to carry the offensive load for the Ice. While the Ice defense will have to look out for Brayden Schenn, Scott Glennie and Andrew Clark to name a few. If Brandon's forwards can stay consistent on the fore check, and wear down the defense they should have no problems lighting the lamp. Although, don't count Kootenay out...they are able to run and gun.

localguy
03-15-2009, 10:37 PM
Last I checked Sylvester is still out with a broken ankle. Kootenay is a gritty hard hitting lunch bucket team. They work hard, for 60 minutes, and have an excellent fore check. Matthews (another goalie we gave away without giving him a shot) has started 20 some straight games for them, and carried the team through the stretch quite well, could quite easily challenge for the starting job. And the rest of the team seems to be playing better sinse Sylvester went down, and the traded Negrin, Foucalt and Stickland.

Just so we're clear, I am not trying to be a smart #$@, just going by what I saw in the Ice's last two games.

dagley
03-16-2009, 12:07 AM
It's all good, thanks for updating me. I just posted from what I saw from the games in Brandon, never really took the time to check for injuries and such. Thanks.

gowheaties
03-17-2009, 06:18 PM
anyone got any videos of those last 5 fights of the season against moose jaw or no where i can find any to watch?

Allin44
03-17-2009, 07:15 PM
Click the fight forum on here, and the guy has posted them under Brandon Fights or something similar

dagley
03-20-2009, 03:41 PM
Anyone got any predictions for tonight? I think this game will head into overtime for a Brandon 4-3 victory, around 10 minutes into the extra frame, Glennie will pot the winner for a dramatic victory.

Boltz9
03-20-2009, 04:55 PM
That would be exciting. I definately think it will be close. I'll say 5-3 Brandon. On another note does anyone know if they score 7 goals do we still get a free breakfast, or is that just in the regular season?

WHEATMAN
03-20-2009, 05:58 PM
5-2 Brandon. I don't think this series will be as close as some people think.

dagley
03-21-2009, 12:16 PM
Hopefully Kootenay steps up tonight and we have a better game, just a massacre last night.

Allin44
03-21-2009, 12:42 PM
I can see this game being really chippy too

WHEATMAN
03-21-2009, 12:46 PM
6-3 Brandon tonight is my prediction.

wheat_city
03-21-2009, 03:12 PM
what a chippy game last night. watching it from behind the net, i saw alot of action. How about mathews giving schenn a love tap to the face with his stick before glennie pounded on bailey. loved the crowd with the " maaaaaatheeews " chants. Also, i loved when erb nailed that one guy, he immediately turned around to see if someone was gonna come after him and fraser did just that. some good scraps and beauty goals last night hope to see a closer game tonight! vci33

brandonboy
03-21-2009, 04:28 PM
what a chippy game last night. watching it from behind the net, i saw alot of action. How about mathews giving schenn a love tap to the face with his stick before glennie pounded on bailey. loved the crowd with the " maaaaaatheeews " chants. Also, i loved when erb nailed that one guy, he immediately turned around to see if someone was gonna come after him and fraser did just that. some good scraps and beauty goals last night hope to see a closer game tonight! vci33
I know ppl would like to see more entertainment but why would u want to see a closer game? This is the playoffs and we want these games as easy as possible wouldn't you agree?

dagley
03-21-2009, 11:13 PM
Who wants to see boring games that are not remotely competitive, I'd rather see Brandon lose a heart breaker in overtime then 5-0.

Brandonite
03-21-2009, 11:43 PM
Who wants to see boring games that are not remotely competitive, I'd rather see Brandon lose a heart breaker in overtime then 5-0.

Thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard coming from a fan of the team. Why would you rather see them lose like lay an ass kickin in the playoffs?? Its playoffs, put the foot on the gas and go! Vancouver beat a much much weaker team in Prince George 8-2 and 9-1 and I can guarentee Vancouver fans were absolutely loving it and that building was rockin!!

brandonboy
03-22-2009, 12:20 AM
That has to be the fukin dumbest thing ever said, this is the playoffs man read the post and give your head a shake!

Ten
03-22-2009, 02:04 AM
Thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard coming from a fan of the team. Why would you rather see them lose like lay an ass kickin in the playoffs?? Its playoffs, put the foot on the gas and go! Vancouver beat a much much weaker team in Prince George 8-2 and 9-1 and I can guarentee Vancouver fans were absolutely loving it and that building was rockin!!

I think there's two sides to the argument.

Personally I love playoff hockey (any level) because the importance of the game tends to make for some dramatic hockey. Obviously no one wants to see their team lose 6-5 in OT in a Game 7.

But in terms of entertainment, and what makes a series memorable, they don't get any better than going into OT.

I wish every playoff game went to OT, provided the Wheaties won every series. :)

At the same time, a good old ass kicking is great now and again.

Who's calling for the sweep?

Boltz9
03-22-2009, 02:35 AM
Jeez give dagley a break, were all cheering for the same team here. What matters most is that in the end Brandon comes out on top. I agree I love seeing close games especially when they are ended in OT, but I also dont mind when Brandon gives a team a real ass kicking.

dagley
03-22-2009, 08:53 AM
Oh that's priceless, dumbest thing you've ever heard that's new. You make it sound like I don't want Brandon to win, which isn't the case. I don't want to go to playoff games every night and have them demolish the other team, like...that Giants/Cougars series is a joke, that's probably boring hockey.

The game last night was better then Friday, for the soul fact that Kootenay played a lot better then they did Friday night. If your ignorant enough to say you want to watch Brandon win every night consistently 6-0, 7-0....you're lame. That's boring hockey, it will get more exciting in the coming weeks.

brandonboy
03-22-2009, 09:08 AM
Oh that's priceless, dumbest thing you've ever heard that's new. You make it sound like I don't want Brandon to win, which isn't the case. I don't want to go to playoff games every night and have them demolish the other team, like...that Giants/Cougars series is a joke, that's probably boring hockey.

The game last night was better then Friday, for the soul fact that Kootenay played a lot better then they did Friday night. If your ignorant enough to say you want to watch Brandon win every night consistently 6-0, 7-0....you're lame. That's boring hockey, it will get more exciting in the coming weeks.
Sorry if I offended you I was a little drunk last night, and I can understand what your saying but for me in the first round or two I like seeing some good blowout hockey and having an easy opening round as opposed to a grueling seven game series especialy against a team as far away as Kootney.
As for Kootney's play last night I don't think it was to much better if it were not for Mathew's that game could have easily been a blowout!

dagley
03-22-2009, 09:15 AM
Like, don't get me wrong. Watching our forwards skill levels are absolutely amazing. I like how EVERYONE on the team has stepped up their game. Hayes has been excellent, Aulie/Robak/Erb are playing extremely well on the back end, and the skill level of our forwards, combined with the physical play of our 4th line is nice to see.

I don't want a grueling 7 game series for our boys either, but regardless of the fact I don't want to watch 7-2 games on a regular basis, you can't say it wouldn't get boring overtime, I was on the edge of my seat last night going into the third, only up 2-1. Even though, Mathews played stellar in net for Kootenay.

Just don't make the judgement that I am being ignorant or an idiot, mind you you're entailed to your opinion, but if you would rather watch blowout hockey, rather then Brandon squeaking in a 3-2 victory in an end to end, physical and skillful hockey game...then I don't know the point of going to see every game. Brandon is an excellent team, not many teams in the league can match up with them in every category or even surpass their skill level in different area's.

But honestly, that series between the Giants/Cougars is a joke...it's probably boring and hard to watch hockey.

armypower
03-22-2009, 11:39 AM
i agree with you about the blowouts,I gave up my tickets for the
Edmonton series because it shouldn't be a series,I'd rather watch the
Blades/Canes matchup on the tube.....

Brandonite
03-22-2009, 01:04 PM
i agree with you about the blowouts,I gave up my tickets for the
Edmonton series because it shouldn't be a series,I'd rather watch the
Blades/Canes matchup on the tube.....

Thats pathetic! I dont care what you gotta say to defend that! That is not a fan of your team when you dont even go because they "should" kick their ass? Wow

Allin44
03-22-2009, 01:32 PM
Last night should have been a lot bigger that 4-1. How many chances did Clarky have where he'd get basically homefree and the puck rolls of his stick, same thing with Lowry, and Matthews was absolutely HUGE.

As for would rather see close games, last night was pretty intense until Brandon got that 3rd goal. I happen to like games like last night and Friday, really showcases the teams talent.

Our 3rd and 4th lines have been absolutely awesome the last few weeks too. Our 4th may not score, but they didnt have one full shift where they were penned in in Brandons zone. You can't ask for much more out of a 4th line, they play their 8 or 9 minutes a game, and don't allow any momentum shifts, actually, they create a few, Kootenay would have our boys penned in for a bit, out comes Jefferies for the faceoff, wins it, gets the red line, dump and chase and bang and crash. Stone sure is wheeling out there too, making a few big hits, can tell the kid is just jacked for the playoffs!

dagley
03-22-2009, 04:21 PM
To bad that boring series between Calgary & Edmonton is going to OT in Game 2, if Edmonton can pull it out they got momentum going home...Calgary can take a big momentum boost heading to the city of chumps. (I'm from Calgary, gotta cheer on the Hitmen!)

Vik
03-23-2009, 03:12 AM
To bad that boring series between Calgary & Edmonton is going to OT in Game 2, if Edmonton can pull it out they got momentum going home...Calgary can take a big momentum boost heading to the city of chumps. (I'm from Calgary, gotta cheer on the Hitmen!)
It's a weird series for an Oilers fan. Do you cheer for Edmonton or for the Oilers' former 1st round pick?

Allin44
03-23-2009, 07:42 AM
It's a weird series for an Oilers fan. Do you cheer for Edmonton or for the Oilers' former 1st round pick?

Cheer for Edmonton but be happy for that 1st round pick

dagley
03-24-2009, 02:54 PM
http://gdrinnan.blogspot.com/

...As if the Brandon Wheat Kings’ trek to Cranbrook wasn’t long enough, the team was forced by icy roads and big rigs to be moved from blocking the Trans-Canada Highway east of Swift Current. It all meant what most times would be a 14-hour trek took more than 20 hours. The Wheat Kings have a 2-0 series lead on the Kootenay Ice with Games 3 and 4 in Cranbrook on Tuesday and Thursday.

brandonboy
03-24-2009, 03:34 PM
http://gdrinnan.blogspot.com/

...As if the Brandon Wheat Kings’ trek to Cranbrook wasn’t long enough, the team was forced by icy roads and big rigs to be moved from blocking the Trans-Canada Highway east of Swift Current. It all meant what most times would be a 14-hour trek took more than 20 hours. The Wheat Kings have a 2-0 series lead on the Kootenay Ice with Games 3 and 4 in Cranbrook on Tuesday and Thursday.
Why is Kootenay in the Eastern confrence anyway?

IceFan16
03-24-2009, 04:57 PM
The Ice are in the Eastern Conference for a reason....

Cranbrook to Lethbridge....3 hours
Cranbrook to Calgary........4 hours
Cranbrook to Med Hat.......4.5 hours
Cranbrook to Red Deer......5.5 hours
Cranbrook to Edmonton.....6.5 hours

The Ice can play their entire division before they could even make it to one city in the BC DIV.....The closest Trip in the BC div was Kelowna...7 hours...

Plus Spokane Tri are within 5 hours......The Ice went back to the Central div because that it where they started, all of our rivals are there....Take brandon out of the east and put them in the Central....Its just not the same...

dondo
03-24-2009, 07:15 PM
But honestly, that series between the Giants/Cougars is a joke...it's probably boring and hard to watch hockey.

You know I usually don't like to watch blow-out games, but both of those games were actually pretty entertaining. Maybe it was the fact that quality goals were being scored, or that the level of intensity was actually a playoff level.. not playoff level competition, but playoff level energy, but the hockey was good.

Beats playing the trap-happy Bruins when the two teams play to an excruciating 2-1 OT win, not because of brilliant goaltending, but because of ugly clutch hockey.

I'm hoping the Ice bounce back in this one and give you guys a challenge. If only because the ICE are the only team to consistently challenge the Hitmen this season.

my prediction 4-3 ICE .. just for the hell of it.

wheat_city
03-24-2009, 07:36 PM
the ice color commentator has to be the biggest homer i have ever heard. Instead of saying the ice, he refers to the team as "us", and whenever the ice score you can hear him yell "YES!" hes a joke. He has nothing knowledgeable to say about hockey all he has to say is brandon is cheap and gets lucky bounces and every once in a while when the ice get a good chance he will yell " OHHHHH " then if they score.........."YES!!!" if i were that broadcaster i would be telling that color guy to shut his yap and show some professionalism.

Boltz9
03-24-2009, 07:43 PM
the ice color commentator has to be the biggest homer i have ever heard. Instead of saying the ice, he refers to the team as "us", and whenever the ice score you can hear him yell "YES!" hes a joke. He has nothing knowledgeable to say about hockey all he has to say is brandon is cheap and gets lucky bounces and every once in a while when the ice get a good chance he will yell " OHHHHH " then if they score.........."YES!!!" if i were that broadcaster i would be telling that color guy to shut his yap and show some professionalism.

I was just about to ask if anyone else is listening to this crap!... Ya every Brandon play is just a lucky bounce. I also heard him a couple of times say "The Wheat Kings were offside there but they let that one go", as if he is supposed to be the ref. I don't know if I can take this crap much more he is way too biased. Bruce isn't anything like this thank god.

wheat_city
03-24-2009, 07:48 PM
I was just about to ask if anyone else is listening to this crap!... Ya every Brandon play is just a lucky bounce. I also heard him a couple of times say "The Wheat Kings were offside there but they let that one go", as if he is supposed to be the ref. I don't know if I can take this crap much more he is way too biased. Bruce isn't anything like this thank god.

i found a solution boltz.... mute the audio on the game and just listen to CKLQ

only problem is the timing MAY be a little off but i havent tried it, may try in the second period though.

WHEATMAN
03-24-2009, 07:51 PM
Looks like I am one of many who thinks they are terribly biased. Damn I can't stand the colour guy, the "we" statements are driving me up the wall.

Boltz9
03-24-2009, 07:53 PM
i found a solution boltz.... mute the audio on the game and just listen to CKLQ

only problem is the timing MAY be a little off but i havent tried it, may try in the second period though.

Ya I was thinking about doing that. Listening to this can is obviously annoying altho it can be pretty fun to hear the retarted things this guy says. If you are going to listen to Bruce let me know if he mentions or has mentioned anything about going gold for the rest of the home games. Supposedly he knows about the whole movement and it would be good if he mentioned something about it for everyone listening.

wheat_city
03-24-2009, 08:04 PM
did you guys hear the YEAH WOW! when the ice scored? and how about when jefferies knocked that guy on his a$$ in that fight, the color guy says " i'd call that a tie" LOL

Boltz9
03-24-2009, 08:07 PM
did you guys hear the YEAH WOW! when the ice scored? and how about when jefferies knocked that guy on his a$$ in that fight, the color guy says " i'd call that a tie" LOL

lol ya the YA WOW was ridiculous. Calling it a tie was alright I suppose but the one that made me laugh was that their player was coming out after a goal and challenging Brandon to say that they are still in the game. It couldn't possibly have been the other way where Jefferies was coming out to challenge after a goal to get his team going lol.

WHEATMAN
03-24-2009, 08:19 PM
Ok, its official, this colour guy is the worst in the league. Enough said.

wheat_city
03-24-2009, 08:21 PM
"and it looks like they are going to give the penalty to the ice"

color guy : " US??!!! WHAT!!!?? NOOO!!!"

wheat_city
03-24-2009, 08:25 PM
beauty shot

WHEATMAN
03-24-2009, 09:50 PM
beauty shot

Did anyone else enjoy the silence when Calvert scored? I wasn't sure but I thought I heard the colour guy crying into his mic ;)

Allin44
03-24-2009, 10:00 PM
yeah that colour guy was something else.. then so was the play by play. They need to realize that its a professional broadcast, and we all know Luber cheers for the Wheaties, but you NEVER hear him say "we need to" or "ohhhh cmooooon" or every time the other team has a 2 on 1 or something you don't hear Gerlinger "oh nooo!"

dagley
03-24-2009, 10:31 PM
RIGHT ON! Just got home from work and saw the good news. Atta be boys!

Section Ten
03-24-2009, 11:25 PM
I was working last night so I didn't get to listen to or watch the game. Reviewing the stats for the game, did Kelly really go with Schenn/Calvert/Stone and Green/Glennie/Cowan?

I can't say I've seen that particular line combo this year.

Of course you can't read too much into plus/minus reports--the Wheaties could well have been making a line change...

Much though I would like to bring out my broom tomorrow, I remember last year when we were down 3-0 and came back to make the series at least a little bit interesting.

Having watched Kootenay, I can truthfully say I would not mind cheering for them if they were my home team.

But they're not!

GO WHEATIES!!!

dagley
03-24-2009, 11:39 PM
The final game is always the hardest to win, I will be ordering this game tomorrow night.

Boltz9
03-24-2009, 11:45 PM
The final game is always the hardest to win, I will be ordering this game tomorrow night.

Just a tip for ya if you dont do this already you might want to listen to Bruce instead of the Kootenay commentators. Unless you wanna hear how much Brandon gets lucky, Brandon is always offside, all Kootenay goals are beautiful while Brandons are lucky bounces. etc etc. Thats if you didnt already read this whole thread and get the point lol.

WorkHorse
03-24-2009, 11:48 PM
Start the webtv broadcast, then pause the feed for 40-45 seconds and hit play button, it shouldn't have such a big delay.

Brandonite
03-25-2009, 06:25 AM

Im sorry man call me stupid, but whats the colour commentator do again? Until you mention the broadcaster, thats ehat I thought you were referring to the whole time. What does the colour commentator do again...sorry its early! haha

Brandonite
03-25-2009, 06:29 AM
Im sorry man call me stupid, but whats the colour commentator do again? Until you mention the broadcaster, thats ehat I thought you were referring to the whole time. What does the colour commentator do again...sorry its early! haha

Nevermind...like I said its early haha sorry guys!

dondo
03-25-2009, 07:17 PM
colour guys are usually homers .. its the play by play guy that really needs to stay unbiased, however him saying Us and We and not respecting the other team is not what he's supposed to do.

The colour guy, adds colour .. sometimes that's in the form of good hockey insights or comments, sometimes its just being that nattering voice in the background. Sounds like this guy's the latter.

Sorry the worst (well not anymore because he finally got fired) was Dick for the Hurricanes... now that's a homer.

Well the Ice got close, but couldn't manage to pull that one out. Oddly enough all three teams leading 2-0 in their series had games that went to OT and all three won their games going up 3-0 in the series.