PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs will have to win both games

chiefs20167
03-14-2009, 10:26 PM
if they want 3rd in the conference. Kel beating Kam pretty good in 3rd.

Chief Jeff
03-14-2009, 11:11 PM
At this point I will take a healthy team and the 4 seed.

chiefs20167
03-15-2009, 10:45 AM
At this point I will take a healthy team and the 4 seed.

That will actually work for me too. Seattle or Kam would make for an interesting 1st round.

Allin44
03-15-2009, 11:29 AM
can't believe half your team managed to get food poisoning

Rebelchild
03-15-2009, 04:06 PM
I think at this point in time I would be happy with a full, uninjured, unsick, unsuspended team complete with coaches and training staff! LOL. If we can have everyone in one place at one time I don't care who we play. I have complete faith in the boys abilities. Just lets play hockey ... sooner than later! yeehoo

LinkGaetzFan
03-16-2009, 12:19 AM
can't believe half your team managed to get food poisoning

What I want to know is where the heck did they eat! I'm avoiding that place! :dead:

LifelongChiefsFan
03-16-2009, 03:22 AM
I agree a healthy team would be the best, but getting wins to close out the season against Kelowna, who they haven't beaten this year, and in Tri, where they only won 1 game in a shootout, would be a nice boost for the Chiefs going into the playoffs.

And to clarify some disinformation floating around out there, Spokane does not need to beat Kelowna in regulation tomorrow to still have a chance at the third seed, they just need to win. Even if Kelowna gets a point and they finish tied, Spokane would have more wins giving the Chiefs the 3rd seed.

HomerSimpson
03-17-2009, 08:46 AM
I agree a healthy team would be the best, but getting wins to close out the season against Kelowna, who they haven't beaten this year, and in Tri, where they only won 1 game in a shootout, would be a nice boost for the Chiefs going into the playoffs.

And to clarify some disinformation floating around out there, Spokane does not need to beat Kelowna in regulation tomorrow to still have a chance at the third seed, they just need to win. Even if Kelowna gets a point and they finish tied, Spokane would have more wins giving the Chiefs the 3rd seed.

The first tie breaker is head to head wins.

Not that it matters now.

Bishard
03-17-2009, 12:44 PM
No, first tie breaker is total wins, then it goes to head to head wins for second tie breaker.

HomerSimpson
03-17-2009, 01:51 PM
Not according to the radio guy here. That's what he kept saying. Not that he couldn't be wrong... :D

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-17-2009, 04:44 PM
From the WHL website

a) In the event two Clubs finish tied in total points in WHL standings, the edge goes to the Club with the most victories. If that is a tie, it will go to the Club with the most points in games between the two Clubs during the regular schedule. If the two Clubs are still even, the edge goes to the Club with the highest ratio when taking goals for and subtracting goals against in regular season play. If it is still a tie, the edge will go to the Club with the highest ratio when taking goals for and subtracting goals against in games played between the two Clubs in regular schedule play.