PDA

View Full Version : Game 72-Hitmen 6 at Canes 2

Hitmen1
03-15-2009, 08:41 AM
The last game of the regular season is finally here for the Calgary Hitmen. The Hitmen are riding a 2 game winning streak and have won 8 of their last 10. The Canes have been fighting for playoff positioning but after dropping their game vs the Ice last night, the Canes can finish no higher than 7th and will face the Blades in round 1. Canes goalie Juha Metsola was injured in last nights game and I expect it will be a battle of the backups tonight in Lethbridge. The Hitmen have an opportunity to set a franchise record for most points, they currently have 120 which tied the record, a single point tonight, and this team would set the record. You can listen to the game tonight on the fan 960, starting at 6 pm.

DunnerStunner
03-15-2009, 04:47 PM
I have a feeling that Lowry may go with Jones tonight between the pipes. Then again when I thought he would play Snider, he went with Jones.

Go Hitmen Go

Hitmen1
03-15-2009, 08:33 PM
The Hitmen beat the Canes 6-2 tonight to wrap up the regular season. More records were set tonight with the win. 59 wins on the year, 122 points on the year. Paul Postma finishes with 84 points which ties a franchise record for defenceman scoring in one year. Brett Sonne also picked up his 100th point on the year. Michael Snider was solid in goal tonight. What a great season! Playoffs start Thursday!

Speedy Broncs
03-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Good job Postma - what a season!!