View Full Version : ICE VS BRANDON RD 1

IceFan16
03-15-2009, 12:41 PM
THANKS FOR A GREAT SEASON BOYS!!!!

GO ICE GO

HOME TUE.24TH AND WED 25TH

llmitch
03-15-2009, 03:33 PM
I am looking forward to the Ice moving on after taking out Brandon in the first round. ;)

wheat_city
03-15-2009, 03:45 PM
I am looking forward to the Ice moving on after taking out Brandon in the first round. ;)

HA

dagley
03-15-2009, 03:45 PM

Good luck with that :)

IceFan16
03-15-2009, 04:08 PM
Gonna be a tougher series than you may think...Sure the Ice will need some luck but I could see this series going 7...Should be fun!

GO ICE GO

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
03-15-2009, 08:43 PM

Well it should be a good run a gun series BDN in 6. yeehoo

Allin44
03-15-2009, 09:34 PM
Good luck

sbtatter
03-16-2009, 08:58 AM
Thought it would be interesting if we both wrote up our lines and added up goals and plus minus per game, get a feel for who's playing against who.

Fehr Clark Lowry average 3.4 ppg, 2.1 pim and +.98
Calvert Schenn Glennie average 3.6 ppg, 2.7 pim and +.85
Cowan Green Lewadniuk average 2.0 ppg, 2.6 pim and +.2
Stone Jeffries Ciarelli average 1.0 ppg, 2.5 pim and -.04

Aulie Robak average 1.2 ppg, 2.0 pim and +.7
Erb Melnychuk average 0.5 ppg, 2.6 pim and +.6
Bestland Hale average 0.3 ppg, 2.7 pim and +.1

dagley
03-21-2009, 11:17 PM
Hopefully we can end this baby in Kootenay and let the boys get a little rest.

sbtatter
03-23-2009, 07:12 AM
Fehr Clark Lowry average 5.5 ppg, 6.5 pim and +1.5
Calvert Schenn Glennie average 5 ppg, 4.5pim and +4
Cowan Green Lewadniuk average 2.5 ppg, 2 pim and +1
Stone Jeffries Hale average 0 ppg, 2.5 pim and +.5

Aulie Robak average 2 ppg, 2.0 pim and +2
Erb Melnychuk average 0.5 ppg, 5.5 pim and +2.5
Bestland Schneider average 0 ppg, 4.5 pim and +1

The Wheatiemaniac
03-23-2009, 07:08 PM

They'll be lucky to steal one in their own rink. Big tough Ian Barteaux is such a hero that when he can run a 16 yr old from behind, but when Matt Lowry says "let's go", suddenly he didn't wanna play anymore. We are the total package. The Ice are a total disaster.

The Wheatiemaniac
03-23-2009, 07:11 PM
Gonna be a tougher series than you may think...Sure the Ice will need some luck but I could see this series going 7...Should be fun!

GO ICE GO

Will be fun for us.....you guys.....not so much.

wheat_city
03-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Will be fun for us.....you guys.....not so much.

wheatiemaniac dont rub it in quite yet its still a series. although we got this in five sorry ice. :)

IceFan16
03-23-2009, 08:51 PM
Hopefully the jitters are out for the 12 rookies......Not making excuses by any stretch but It will get better......Its not over yet.....IT HAS JUST BEGUN.....

GO ICE GO

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-23-2009, 10:35 PM
The wheat King fans appear pretty cocky on the Ice's site. Don't forget boys, a lot of you talked like that last year and remember you ran into a little storm called the Hurricanes, and then ............ not so much cocky eh. I do think you will take the Ice in 5 or 6 but don't be dissen em quite so much.

dagley
03-23-2009, 11:27 PM
It's all in good fun, just go focus on Saskatoon.

dondo
03-24-2009, 12:06 AM
there's fun and then there's trolling -- a couple of you guys are on the brink imo.. anything can happen... I had high hopes for the Ice in this series, but the Wheaties seem to be playing some dominant hockey.

Hopefully the Ice give their fans something to cheer about for at least one game.

EOK1
03-24-2009, 01:35 AM
The wheat King fans appear pretty cocky on the Ice's site. Don't forget boys, a lot of you talked like that last year and remember you ran into a little storm called the Hurricanes, and then ............ not so much cocky eh. I do think you will take the Ice in 5 or 6 but don't be dissen em quite so much.

Congrats, a little team called the Hurricanes beat a team that was rebuilding last year.

Spungy
03-24-2009, 09:29 AM
I still have high hopes for my Ice!

we need a couple of amazing games!

ICE ICE ICE!

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-24-2009, 10:47 AM
Congrats, a little team called the Hurricanes beat a team that was rebuilding last year.

I am not dissing last years Wheaties team and certainly not this years team. I am glad we got S'toon and not the Wheaties. I am commenting to thier fans on here who yap it up and diss the other teams on thier own site. Just like last year, Dagley and others who were absolutely convinced they were gonna take the Canes out and were not shy in telling us so. It is all just fun chit chat that us fans have and not the end of the world. I enjoyed all the posters last year for the Wheaties such as Dagley, because they are passionate about thier team and there were quite a few of them. They were all gracious in defeat and wished the Canes and the fans nothing but good luck for the rest of the playoffs. We had a lot of back and forth interesting banter during the whole series. Not many Blades fans on here to do that with.

sbtatter
03-24-2009, 12:39 PM
I still have high hopes for my Ice!

we need a couple of amazing games!

ICE ICE ICE!
You should be proud of your team. They are young, as we were last year and it takes a little time to get adjusted to your first playoffs in the dub. But the Ice are competitive, hard working and physical, and a fun team to watch. Obviously I hope we sweep you, but I think it's going to be a tough, tight game tonight. You should be a very good team next year....

brandonboy
03-24-2009, 12:42 PM
They'll be lucky to steal one in their own rink. Big tough Ian Barteaux is such a hero that when he can run a 16 yr old from behind, but when Matt Lowry says "let's go", suddenly he didn't wanna play anymore. We are the total package. The Ice are a total disaster.
Dont just go and smash another team on their own board man. Kootney is in the same place we were last year with alot of good young tallent and this may not be their year but they do have some promising young players and could be a threat next year.

But one thing I do have to say is if the Ice dont get away from that trap style of hockey they tried in the first two games it is gonna be a fast series. Right now ( and this isn't a shot at the team ) but the Wheat King forwards are going around your forwards and Dmen like their pylons. I think the Ice need to play a very agressive dump and chase game and get pucks on Hayes to win a couple of games.

IceFan16
03-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Cant wait to get to the rink, hopefully we are in for a great game tonight and the boys can pull out a win, I would like to have a good series....
True enough on the trap....It worked well against Calgary, but against the Wheaties not so much.....Hopefully the Ice come out with fire....They have nothing to loose now...

GO ICE GO

dagley
03-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Won't get to catch the game tonight online, got to work...hopefully the boys can continue what they did on the road during the regular season. Will definitely catch the game tomorrow though, hopefully the Ice will come to play like they did Friday.

Lets go Wheaties, take a demanding 3-0 lead!

Boltz9
03-24-2009, 05:07 PM
I'll be watchin the game online tonight and can't wait. The series so far has been a pretty chippy series and I think that will continue tonight.
Go Wheaties Go

dondo
03-24-2009, 07:20 PM
The Ice can't afford to sit back they need to take their physical game into the Wheatie's zone.

I'm hoping the Ice can make this a series, but they have to change up their game a bit as what they have been doing has not been successful.

good luck Ice

Allin44
03-24-2009, 10:31 PM
Is your play by play and color always that bad?

Boltz9
03-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Is your play by play and color always that bad?

Last time I watched a game online was in Kootenay and ya he was that bad. Made me question how he even has his job.

dagley
03-25-2009, 12:14 AM
How is the video from Kootenay, good? I want to watch the game tomorrow.

Chipper
03-25-2009, 10:00 AM
The play by play announcer Jeff Hollic is hired by the local radio station and the team . He has been here for about 10 years, the colour guy is a former NHL player Don Murdock. He has a lot of hockey knowledge and is definitely a homer and he makes no excuses that he is not. Whats wrong with an announcer that is paid locally and lives locally being a home town fan. I have listened to many team announcers and can always tell that they are the home towns duo. This in not the NHL and I expect all announcers to promote their own team when givin the chance. When these announcers eat,sleep and ride the buses with the players you can be sure that they know much more about the home team then any other teams and it shows in how they are announcing and promoting the team. if you don't like a local flavour listen to your own announcer.

Allin44
03-25-2009, 10:46 AM
The play by play announcer Jeff Hollic is hired by the local radio station and the team . He has been here for about 10 years, the colour guy is a former NHL player Don Murdock. He has a lot of hockey knowledge and is definitely a homer and he makes no excuses that he is not. Whats wrong with an announcer that is paid locally and lives locally being a home town fan. I have listened to many team announcers and can always tell that they are the home towns duo. This in not the NHL and I expect all announcers to promote their own team when givin the chance. When these announcers eat,sleep and ride the buses with the players you can be sure that they know much more about the home team then any other teams and it shows in how they are announcing and promoting the team. if you don't like a local flavour listen to your own announcer.
Nice thought but its a pain in the ass to try to sync the broadcasts. Listen to Regan Bartel on the Kelowna broadcast, there is a true pro. You know he is rooting for the Rockets, as he should, and he does promote them a lot, but he also provides a balanced play by play. Listening to that clown on color last night was absolutely embarassing.

Chipper
03-25-2009, 11:15 AM
I know that for Brandon fans its a horrible broadcast but It is what it is. Don has been like that since the first game he did. Yes he can be embarrassing, even to the Ice fans and the biggest homer. As an Ice fan I have to say that I shake my head at times also. I look up at the pbp booth and can see him getting emotional at the games. He is a very intense personality but apparently the Ice and Radio must like his style because they bring him back every year. All I can say is he is an Ice fan and it shows. I know him personally and he loves hockey and what he does when he is on the air. Personally I think its okay and the local fans mostly enjoy to here the biast play by play. I know its a lot different when the Ice are on the road and Jeff is by himself. Anyway I listen to many other announcers and to a degree all are homers, I have shook my head at the way most announcers do their jobs announcing games and then I just realize that they are no different than the the guy in the booth next to them. Like I said in the last message if it bothers you that much and want a Brandon Bias listen to your guy. I can tell you that when we play in Brandon I listen to my announcer because of that exact reason.

Boltz9
03-25-2009, 12:14 PM
How is the video from Kootenay, good? I want to watch the game tomorrow.

The video quality is alright. Don't have much to compare it to other than Calgary's which is way better or Brandon's which i suppose is a little better. As for the radio broadcaster I don't mind him its just the color analyst is way too biased. I understand hes rooting for his home team but he is far too one sided. There probably are alot more broadcasters in the league that are like this but its hard when your comparing to our broadcaster Bruce Luebke. I think Bruce is one of the best broadcasters you could ask for, sure like everyone else alot of the talk is about the Brandon players because he knows them more. But in his play by play he rarely shows any bias and doesn't make any stupid comments like this color guy.

tigsfan0809
03-25-2009, 08:48 PM
Just curious as to other teams' thoughts on Bob Ridley........What can I say, I like him. I think he does a fairly good job of being ubiased. JMHO, tho.

WHEATMAN
03-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Just curious as to other teams' thoughts on Bob Ridley........What can I say, I like him. I think he does a fairly good job of being ubiased. JMHO, tho.

I like Ridley, aside from Luber, Ridley is my favourite in the league.

wheat_city
03-26-2009, 09:55 AM

thats the thing, we cant when we order games that are played in the opposing rink.. its no big deal or anything its just funny to listen to and kind of annoying when you hear the colour guy cheering whenever the ice have the puck.