PDA

View Full Version : For The Good of The Pats - Parker Should Quit

dsquared
03-15-2009, 05:13 PM
After 14 years of mediocrity, Brent Parker has got to go as GM. Lets look at what has happened while he has been our GM:
* The furthest we have gone in the post season is the second round - we have lost both times we managed to get that far
* A litany of trades where the Pats pick up some other team's problem child - he seems to think he is the WHL's Al Davis and can rehabilitate these diamonds in the rough. Dudas, Reich, and Doucette are some recent examples. - I have yet to see him succeed with one of these prospects
* Another string of trades where he has given away players that flourish once they get away from the Pats or after they play a couple of games - Schira, S Belle, I Duval, J MacDonald to name a few. Every other GM rings their hands in glee when Trader Brent comes a calling - cause there is no question who will come out ahead.
* Coaches come and go but we continue to lbe among the leagues penalty leaders - Nobody has dealt with the tendency to take 4 instead of 2 (Jackman?) or go down 2 men instead of just 1 by taking a delay of game penalty. The GM should be instructing the coaching staff to deal with it - instead of throwing temper tantrums at the officiating staff every season or with such brilliant marketing campaigns as "Pats Tough". Our reputation preceeds us and has cost us on numerous occasions.
* How many draft picks have there been that will not commit to the Pats - he and Ripplinger do not do their homework with these kids. There is a reason they do not get picked by the other clubs.
* His decision to pick an unproven Derkatch over over 2 time memorial cup winner and gold medal winner Habschied. - This was one of his worst mistakes even if Habschied wanted an ownership stake - his price was worth it.

Ask yourself why teams like Brandon, Calgary, Vancouver succeed year after year and we struggle along in the good ship mediocrity? Brent Parker would have been fired long ago if he were GM of any other team.
________
xTastyJessx cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/xTastyJessx)

SectionNDeserter
03-15-2009, 05:20 PM
After 14 years of mediocrity, Brent Parker has got to go as GM. Lets look at what has happened while he has been our GM:
* A litany of trades where the Pats pick up some other team's problem child - he seems to think he is the WHL's Al Davis and can rehabilitate these diamonds in the rough. Dudas, Reich, and Doucette are some recent examples. - I have yet to see him succeed with one of these prospectsYou left out Watt and Scarborough too.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-15-2009, 05:54 PM
Watt was pretty good for us actually. Id say he was our best player in the playoffs. Obviously we ended up losing early but he definitely did his part for the team.

But as dsquared said, I pretty much agree, and I have thought that way ever since it was obvious that this team was on a downward spiral to nowhere. The pats havnt done anything since Parker has been the GM. He is the only constant with the team's troubles. I think he has done some good things too, but his time should have been up by now.

I doubt he resigns though. And I have a bad feeling that he is content with keeping things the way they are as long as the money rolls in.

trucker
03-15-2009, 09:52 PM
J.D. Watt is one name as a Bronco fan I will never forget, that guy was REALLY good for you guys in the playoffs last year, what a Big talented PEST! I am not a pats expert but my question is why would Parker step down now? Once everything cools he will divert attention over to someone other than himself and he will be back, sorry but after 14 years I don't see him going anywhere, just an opinion. :dead:

witness
03-16-2009, 11:00 AM
You want some good Parker trades:
Radek Duda - plays 4th line here, goes to Lethbridge and leads the league in scoring.
Brad Stuart for Don Chuckowlis (or however you spell his name)
Or my personal favorite, Albers for Andy Schenn. Schenn plays 5 games for the Pats and Albers plays 2 years for the Giants and is a WHL all Star his last year.
Schira for Kraus - please...
Brent Raedeke to Edm for nothing
The list goes on.

Flathead
03-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Not only Pats fans, but fans of the Whl have been saying that Parker is the problem for years. Still I would be very surprised if he goes anywhere. It's kinda like vci33

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-16-2009, 09:47 PM
You want some good Parker trades:
Radek Duda - plays 4th line here, goes to Lethbridge and leads the league in scoring.
Brad Stuart for Don Chuckowlis (or however you spell his name)
Or my personal favorite, Albers for Andy Schenn. Schenn plays 5 games for the Pats and Albers plays 2 years for the Giants and is a WHL all Star his last year.
Schira for Kraus - please...
Brent Raedeke to Edm for nothing
The list goes on.

The Raedeke trade got us the pick which ended up being Graham Hood though we traded a couple more picks to them as well that selected Foster, and Stephenson. Hood looks like he could be a pretty good player, so I wouldnt call that a bad trade yet.

The Kraus trade was good for us short term, which was our intention. Sure, Schira is still doing well in the league but Kraus was the top line center we wanted and needed.

Those other trades were bad though. Im still pissed about the Radek Duda trade.

patsdude114
03-17-2009, 03:20 AM
Dont forget the Josh Harding trade to bring in Dustin Slade.. what about Kyle Calder to kamloops for Alan Manness & Brett Bartell

Parker cant deal star players at all Stuart, Calder, Harding jsut to name a few each & every trade has been a bust.

I will say Parker can deal for Star players no problems with giving up very little... minus all the trades the year we hosted the memorial cup cuz teams knew they could get the farm that year being that we were the host team who sucked arse until we made the trades.

I will say this though 1 of Parkers best ever trades he made was when he traded Grant Jacobsen to Kamloops for Jon Bubnick, Kyle Deck & Ryan Annesley (even tho we shipped Annesley to MJ after)

Bubnick i was very sad to see get dealt to Portland but Deck played 4 seasons for us, was our team captain.

But too many bad deals dont make up for the good deals. I am all in favour of Parker packing it in, but dont look for that to happen anytime soon at least until this team is sold to Sillinger & Heward that is going to be the only way we wont see Parker as the Pats GM