PDA

View Full Version : How about that Salmon kid????

HAF
03-15-2009, 11:02 PM
Pretty impressive outing he had tonight here in the Tri. Faced alot of soft shots but made some big saves when he needed to also. Neither of the goals he did give up were soft. Great debut for the kid, hang on to that one!!!

cougars_D-tyrell
03-15-2009, 11:42 PM
he is are future tendy lets just hope he developes into a great Dub tendy

dagley
03-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Mmm, Salmon.

Brandonite
03-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Where does this leave Joe Caliguiri for even this season?? I noticed he was the odd man out sitting as a healthy scratch so is the same thing going to happen in P.G. as it did in Brandon for Joe? Thats unfortunate but the kid did pretty well for himself in his first game. My cousin played AAA with him in Red Deer

Bocephus
03-16-2009, 06:40 PM
Where does this leave Joe Caliguiri for even this season?? I noticed he was the odd man out sitting as a healthy scratch so is the same thing going to happen in P.G. as it did in Brandon for Joe? Thats unfortunate but the kid did pretty well for himself in his first game. My cousin played AAA with him in Red Deer
I saw him in Lethbridge 2 weeks ago with his RD club. He was lit up. His team didn't do him any favors. He looked pretty good regardless.

Section_Z
03-24-2009, 06:46 PM
He looked good at the end of Game 2 in Van as well. Some may say that the Giants let up in the third, and were protecting Sexsmith's goose egg attempt, but he still looked solid on some decent scoring chances.

dondo
03-24-2009, 06:53 PM
he's fantastic for quotable taunts. :thumb:

"Hey Salmon you're gonna get smoked!"

Hey look "FRESH FIIIISH!!"

He was okay in the third, got beat by two shots to the top corner, was decent down low. But you've gotta admit we did back off in the third sect Z.. 8 shots two goals.. when we had well over double figures in shots the other two periods. There's no doubt the boys backed off and Hay played mostly depth players, but whatever Salmon was okay.

watching the warm-up before that game though he was getting shredded by his own team-mates. That doesn't really mean anything, but its something I noticed.

Any PG fans know why Caliguiri got the hook in that game (when he had a solid almost 30 minutes), but Armstrong was still between the pipes?

Louie
03-26-2009, 08:15 PM
Hey dondo, get your facts straight! They scored one goal on ten shots. The goal was a point shot that went off at least two players before it found the net. I thought he was pretty decent for his second game in the dub.

dondo
03-30-2009, 08:24 PM
you are correct looking at the wrong game when I wrote that, however that puck did not go off of multiple players, it was tipped in front of the net (to the top corner) ... not sure why they left Armstrong in for 8 goals .. he should have been pulled after the sixth.

btw: anybody know why was Salmon in there and not Caliguiri, if the coach was going to wait for eight goals before putting him in there what it does it matter who is backing up?

Armstrong was great in PG, but I don't think the Giants brought the kind of finish they hoped they would in PG, as well the Cougars stepping up their game in front of their paltry fan-base.

Kinda sad for that many to show up after being out of playoffs for a bit, yeah I know you all hate the owners, but that kind of support will get the team moved, not sold to local interests.

Louie
03-31-2009, 10:17 AM
He was probably put in to get more experience, as he will probably be with the cougars next year.