PDA

View Full Version : Rockets Fan Bus Cancelled

DoubleDee
04-20-2005, 08:50 AM
Unfortunately, due to lack of support, the bus trip to Cranbrook has been cancelled.

If anyone is still interested in going on their own, as per part of the “Kelowna Rockets: Mission Control” email sent out last night, see below:

Any fans wishing to purchase tickets for Games 1 & 2 in Kootenay set for April 22 and April 23 can contact the Kelowna Rockets Office at (250) 860-7825. A limited number of tickets are available.

There will be no future bus trips this season. During playoffs, the number of tickets available to visiting fans is limited. Therefore, it is impossible for us to run a bus without a ticket guarantee. The Rockets organization likes to control the tickets allotted to visiting fans in other arenas to allow for players parents and others as necessary to have access to the games. Which is why, as indicated above, you can contact the office for tickets to away games.

I will re-look at the possibility of running busses next season but will contact the Rockets Organization to see if they will be supportive of this before any decision is made to continue with fan busses.

Thank you to all that have expressed interest and have supported us with this amazing way to back our boys! We may not all be there in numbers cheering loud and proud but our hearts are behind you!

Bus Rider
04-20-2005, 09:26 AM
Wow...you win Game 7 of round #2 & move onto the next round & the support of comes to a screaming hault. Somethings wrong with this picture if you ask me! Sounds to me that the kelowna Organization doesn't want certain people to support there team deep into the play-offs. Why would the Rockets get involved with tickets to other teams barn? The only reason I can see them doing that is to make more money off of the tickets. Why wouldn't you want a fan bus to support your team??? You don't want your fans to support this team??? You should be greatful that you have fans willing to travel & to support your team.

Ticked off Bus Rider! :burningma

Chipper
04-20-2005, 09:34 AM
I hope that there will be many off you come down for the weekend games. After getting to know some of you on this board I was excited to finaly meet you in person with out the mask on lol If anyone would like tickets let me know and I will try to help out. or phone 1-250-417-0032 and book them yourselfs.

Jovorock
04-20-2005, 09:37 AM
Wow...you win Game 7 of round #2 & move onto the next round & the support of comes to a screaming hault.
Ticked off Bus Rider! :burningma

There is no lose of support in this city, alot of people have to work and get the time off work.

Kelowna is only alotted a certain amount of tickets (I think 100) and wants to give them to players familys and control where they go. Why don't you call the Rocket office get a ticket and drive or take a Greyhound?

Or are you just trolling?

DoubleDee
04-20-2005, 09:45 AM
I never indicated in my above post that the Rockets organization didn't want the fans there. I am sure they would love as many as the tickets will allow.

Bus Rider
04-20-2005, 11:29 AM
if there are 100 tickets & a bus holds 47 the other 63 isn't enough for family & friends? It just sounds like the kelowna rockets want to pick & choose.

I have my tickets & never went through the middle man.

I just through that out there for discussion.

Go Rockets Go...

DoubleDee
04-20-2005, 12:25 PM
I am not sure of the exact ticket allotment for the Rockets.

Regardless of this, I had indicated that I needed 37 people to make the bus trip happened. Unfortunately we fell short in that respect.

The trip being cancelled was in no way a result of the Rockets Organization stepping in and if that impression was given I apologize.

However, we may have run into a problem securing tickets so I guess this was for the best.

I am willing to entertain the idea of driving 8.5hours to Cranbrook but do not want to do this alone. Any takers?

tazndevil
04-20-2005, 12:31 PM
I'll go with ya, but only if you can pick me up. Wife might need the car, but she wouldn't mind if I could manage a ride there.

What do you think DD??? :D

Taz