PDA

View Full Version : Playoff keys

Chief Jeff
03-18-2009, 08:21 PM
My two cents about the keys to beating Seattle and beyond:

1) Health. They need to get everyone over the food poisoning of course but more important is getting Glass and Reddington healthy. With Cowen out these are the two best defensive defenseman. If they can't play effectively the Chiefs will have trouble getting by Seattle and will be DOA against Vancouver.

2) Secondary scoring. This has been the big thing all year and will be even more critical in the playoffs. Last year it was the 3rd line of Koper-Johnson-Mccrae getting crucial goals that really let the Chiefs roll all their lines and keep people fairly fresh.

3) Stars upping their game. Since I think point 2 is wishful thinking at best I think the top two lines are going to have to do basically all the scoring this year. Tik will probably have to stand on his head even more than he did last year as well.

In short...LOTS of questions going into the playoffs. Certainly there is hope for a good run...With the possible exception of Vancouver no one has more playoff expereince than the Chiefs. If they lift their game as much as they did last year they should get to Vancouver and they certainly have the talent to beat them.

Pete76
03-18-2009, 08:57 PM
I know the next series would be a 7 game series ... but if we play Vancouver ... I'm taking the Giants in 3 1/2

dondo
03-19-2009, 03:28 PM
lol P76 :laugh:

The Chiefs need to get to other Pickard early and often when they are playing in Kent. The T-Birds have been unreal at home and the opposing squad needs not only to take the crowd out of it, but make sure they maintain the pressure all game.

We didn't, twice this season, and the T-Birds burned us.