PDA

View Full Version : ROUND 1 PLAYOFF THREAD

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
03-19-2009, 10:09 AM
I thought it would be nice if we had one and only one thread for each round of the playoffs. Let us know what you think.

trucker
03-19-2009, 11:09 AM
I'm game! I can't wait for Friday, this series is gonna be exciting! More COWBELL

Scout
03-20-2009, 04:43 AM
Wish i was there guys and gals. Still on the East coast but i will be cheering for the Broncos and watching close. Big Ern? Now more than ever, because i'm not there i need your recaps.

Scout

"GO BRONCOS GO"

Toswammi
03-20-2009, 07:22 AM
Go Broncos :groovy:

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
03-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Go Mullets! clrkth

Toswammi
03-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Keen is reporting that there are tickets in Medicine Hat available for Games 3+4

smackitsakic
03-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Was just on my facebook account, and saw this video posted on Kim Johnson's profile page.

Good to see Dean being a good sport with the radio guys in MH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERguw9ZEhUE

Maybe Switzer from Magic needs to even things up like the old days?

trucker
03-20-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm glad you found that "SMACKIT"! For a moment I was about to call Kim Jonson a Huge traiter but I guess not after all. Dean is a good sport and represents our club with alot of class. Your right smackit, we need a little Ryan Switzer magic! GO GET EM TONIGHT BRONCOS, MORE COWBELL AND MORE MULLET!!! yeehoo

dubfan
03-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Thats classic funny Smackit they did a good job

Tiger Trauma
03-20-2009, 06:12 PM
Roflmao.

Tiger Trauma
03-20-2009, 10:01 PM
I watched game 1 via webcast.

Looked like the Tigers were gassed in the third period
Bronco's were the better team, Grats on the win.

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
03-20-2009, 10:18 PM
I don't know if my ticker can take many more games like that. Great game for the fans. Well done boys. Solid effort and no quit. Gotta figure out a way to contain Ennis. Can't wait til tomorrow. GO BRONCOS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flathead
03-21-2009, 09:12 AM
We were brutal at clearing our own end, especially in the second period when Yonks was amazing and kept us in the game. If we can improve on our turn overs in our own end it will make the wins a little easier. Besides that we played a great game and stuck to our game plan. Wagner and Stickland were throwing the body hard and how about Tomas Kundratek getting hit by Darragh(i think) right into the Bronco bench then Tomas gets chucked back out just as hard as he went in by the guys on the bench. Dans with the hat trick and Negrin, Claffs and Doyle were great on the back end. I think we should stick Dalecky on Ennis, he's got good speed to keep up with him, can play a little rough and chippy, and Euros can tend to get under players skin a little more. There were way too many penalties called, they should go back to one ref and let the teams decide, there were some very weak calls both ways. Anyways, just a few of my thoughts and see ya all at the rink tonight. Oh and Ern, what a great jersey you were sporting last night! Go Canucks vci34

d-man
03-21-2009, 09:16 AM
Video highlights of game 1 on http://www.tigershockey.com

Toswammi
03-21-2009, 09:20 AM
We were brutal at clearing our own end, especially in the second period when Yonks was amazing and kept us in the game. If we can improve on our turn overs in our own end it will make the wins a little easier. Besides that we played a great game and stuck to our game plan. Wagner and Stickland were throwing the body hard and how about Tomas Kundratek getting hit by Darragh(i think) right into the Bronco bench then Tomas gets chucked back out just as hard as he went in by the guys on the bench. Dans with the hat trick and Negrin, Claffs and Doyle were great on the back end. I think we should stick Dalecky on Ennis, he's got good speed to keep up with him, can play a little rough and chippy, and Euros can tend to get under players skin a little more. There were way too many penalties called, they should go back to one ref and let the teams decide, there were some very weak calls both ways. Anyways, just a few of my thoughts and see ya all at the rink tonight. Oh and Ern, what a great jersey you were sporting last night! Go Canucks vci34
I never got so see Ern in the jersey. Would have been a kodak moment

Anyhow if we can stop the turnovers in our own end when we are trying to breakout or transition. And slow down the Tigers in the neutral zone we will be fine. The didn't really show too much other than Ennis, so if we neutralize him, we force their hand.

t-man
03-21-2009, 09:39 AM
[QUOTE=Toswammi]I never got so see Ern in the jersey. Would have been a kodak moment

I did and the little bugger kept running away so I couldn't take a picture..lol

HURRICANE'S ROCK
03-21-2009, 10:04 AM
I'm game! I can't wait for Friday, this series is gonna be exciting! More COWBELL

LMAO........... r u refering to the Saturday Night Live skit with Christopher Walken.

Toswammi
03-21-2009, 10:06 AM
LMAO........... r u refering to the Saturday Night Live skit with Christopher Walken.

More cowbell is the playoff slogan for the team. They gave out/sell cowbells at the rink. But yeah that would were it originated, and they played a piece of the skit 3/4 times last night followed by a song with cowbell in it.

Tiger Trauma
03-21-2009, 10:28 PM
YAY? vci11

Tigers got some lucky goals tonight. Yonkman didn't look particularly sharp.

It looked to me like the tigers changed their breakout a little, and it caught the broncos off guard, but they adjusted well to it in the second period.

Was yonkman playing Hot potato with the puck in the third?

from the webcast it looked like he couldn't find it, then covered it up a couple times, then uncovered it as Ennis came waltzing by.

Link Dog
03-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Holfeld, Ennis, Bosch and Vey outplayed Yonkman, Danserau, Dowling and Stickland.

Goonarsk
03-21-2009, 10:40 PM
That goal was a heartbreaker. The Broncos had momentum, and were coming on pretty well... then the hot potato goal...

"Here you take the puck"
"I don't want it... just cover it"
"Nah man, the ref says to play it... hey, maybe Ennis wants it?"

Wooops.

Yeah... the Broncos didn't put forth their best effort, and it seemed that every bounce that could go against them did. Take nothing away from the Tigers though... they played a good road game and deserved the split. Here's hoping the Broncos bring their "A" game to Medicine Hat. GO BRONCOS!!!!!

Toswammi
03-21-2009, 11:04 PM
That goal was a heartbreaker. The Broncos had momentum, and were coming on pretty well... then the hot potato goal...

"Here you take the puck"
"I don't want it... just cover it"
"Nah man, the ref says to play it... hey, maybe Ennis wants it?"

Wooops.

Yeah... the Broncos didn't put forth their best effort, and it seemed that every bounce that could go against them did. Take nothing away from the Tigers though... they played a good road game and deserved the split. Here's hoping the Broncos bring their "A" game to Medicine Hat. GO BRONCOS!!!!!

I got a feeling on the teams reaction that the ref was instructing Yonks to attempt to play the puck or get a two minute penalty.

trucker
03-22-2009, 12:25 AM
Who really knows what the heck was going on out there tonight. Bad bounces, bad neutral ice play, bad goaltending, we really just looked like a team that had never played together before. One thing I do know for certain, if we don't start shooting that puck a whole lot more we are in alot of trouble. Don't get me wrong, I know we should definately beat the Tigers, but we ALL have to start showing we want too! Come on boys go shut those tiger fans up on Tuesday and Wednesday, I know you can do it!! :thumb:

Offsider
03-22-2009, 06:48 AM
Its pretty Simple the Tigers played 40 minutes and Besides Vause ,Wagner and Brown the rest of the Broncos only showed up for 20 minutes .Yonks had a two or three of bad bounces . The Tigers taught are Boys what hard work does .They beat us to every puck in their end and in ours They hit us more than we hit them .Some of our Vets are just Figure Skating out there .So far Vause ,Wagner and Brown are the only line to show up for a full 60 . Has Wudrick even got a shot on net yet ??.

Flathead
03-22-2009, 07:43 AM
Its pretty Simple the Tigers played 40 minutes and Besides Vause ,Wagner and Brown the rest of the Broncos only showed up for 20 minutes .Yonks had a two or three of bad bounces . The Tigers taught are Boys what hard work does .They beat us to every puck in their end and in ours They hit us more than we hit them .Some of our Vets are just Figure Skating out there .So far Vause ,Wagner and Brown are the only line to show up for a full 60 . Has Wudrick even got a shot on net yet ??.
I would check my sister harder than what Wudrick throws hits, i've seen way harder "love taps".
It was a bad game with a lot of fortunate bounces for the Hat. If we work hard and Yonks gets back to playing like he did in game one (i know he will) the bounces will start to go our way. The Hats relentless puck pursuit is giving us all kinds of grief in our own end and is definetly one area that needs to be looked at for games 3 and 4 in the Hat.
See everyone at the games in the Hat on Tuesday Wednesday, I was told there are still some tickets around for these games, the more Bronco fans the merrier!

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
03-22-2009, 08:55 AM
The only positive out of that game was it was one of our more physical games all year but didn't seem to help us. Maybe it will pay off as the series goes on.

It would be nice to see us get a little puck luck back as well.

Link Dog
03-22-2009, 09:56 PM
I think it's pretty obvious we can't stop the Ennis line. 90 percent of the time his line is out there, they get a good chance offensively. After that they have not shown anything that we can't handle. Of course saying that, our second line hasn't been putting pucks in the net either. Wudrick had better start burying his chances to give us a better chance of winning. Our third line has been great IMO, I am really impressed with Brown's improvement this year. One thing I have not seen is our ability to use four lines like I've heard we would be able to do. Peddle is the only one on that line that has the speed needed in this series although Darragh's hit in game one was sweet. The biggest disappointment this far has to be the crowds especially in game two. 2400 people and 250-300 of those are from Medicine Hat. Does it take playing the Pats to sell out the rink? Good luck in the Hat boys. Bear down on the chances given and the result should be in Bronco favor.

Tiger Trauma
03-24-2009, 10:31 PM
Bah. The broncs kicked the crap out of the tigers tonight, and taught them a lesson on how to play playoff hockey.

If someone was keeping track of the hits it would have been something like 60-15 in favor of the broncs.

Well deserved win.

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
03-25-2009, 12:11 AM
Just got home from the Hat and

I'VE GOT A FEVER

AND THE ONLY PRESCRIPTION IS

MORE COWBELL

Well done boys and I'm looking forward to another great game tomorrow.

Toswammi
03-25-2009, 01:58 AM
Bah. The broncs kicked the crap out of the tigers tonight, and taught them a lesson on how to play playoff hockey.

If someone was keeping track of the hits it would have been something like 60-15 in favor of the broncs.

Well deserved win.
The first game was like that too. The Broncos game plan has been to hit everything that moves. Especially the Tiger defense.

armypower
03-25-2009, 08:47 AM
hey everyone, I'm gonna be coming thru Swift on Friday,
will I be able to get a ticket to the game if I walk up at
gametime???

Viper40
03-25-2009, 09:23 AM
Way to go guys, GREAT EFFORT against the hat Tuesday night! Look what a full 60 minutes does for this team....and what about Taylor Vause! this kid is playing on the third line and is still tied for the lead in play off goals ,thus far, with Keegan Danserau....I think....Am I right???

trucker
03-25-2009, 09:46 AM
Woo hoo Broncos great effort let's do it again tonight!! And to the Calgary fan I hope there won't be tickets not that I don't want you there, but sell out would be nice! As of right now there are still tickets available

bronco rep
03-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Great effort last night boys, well worth the drive up. One line we have to get going is Cody, Jan & Wudrick 0 points in 3 games. Boys time to step it up another notch. See you folks on the Bus>> GO BRONCOS GO. Lets bring this thing home fri up 3-1.

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
03-25-2009, 10:51 AM
Way to go guys, GREAT EFFORT against the hat Tuesday night! Look what a full 60 minutes does for this team....and what about Taylor Vause! this kid is playing on the third line and is still tied for the lead in play off goals ,thus far, with Keegan Danserau....I think....Am I right???

Vause has been great and the third line has probably been the most consistent, hardest working line over the 3 games so far.

Toswammi
03-25-2009, 12:26 PM
hey everyone, I'm gonna be coming thru Swift on Friday,
will I be able to get a ticket to the game if I walk up at
gametime???

Wouldn't hurt to phone in ahead of time (306-773-1509) for tickets. But judging by the first two games you likely will be able to.

armypower
03-25-2009, 01:31 PM
cheers

stick boy
03-26-2009, 09:50 AM
Random thoughts

So how is it that you can get three powerplay goals from your third line and not even be in the game most of the time?

Wow was Taylor Vause incredible last night, great speed through the neutral zone, I thought he was the best Bronco by far.

Tyler Ennis is worth the price of admission plus a tank of gas to get to the Hat.

That is one quiet building in Medicine Hat even when the team is playing well and winning.

The game was over when Doyle went down, we lost so many puck battles along the wall in the first period that there was no way we could win that game.

Speaking of the hit I thought it was clean at first until Tim mentioned on the radio he thought it was dirty. Watched the replay and it was definitely a forearm to the head or elbow, no part of McCue's shoulder or body was a part of the direct blow to the head. Not only was a blow to the head but he left his feet to do it! The league says it is cracking down on head shots so we will see if they actually do it in this case.

It is the very first highlight on the Tigers website's video package, what a great feature on their website.

Toswammi
03-26-2009, 11:39 AM
Hmmm the league has a chance to not be hypocrites and enforce a penalty on a hit to a head. We will see how this plays out....assuming the Broncos send in the tape for it.

We just need to quit giving up the odd man rushes and slow them down in the neutral zone. We have the talent to win, just gotta play to it

Speedy Broncs
03-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Agree with Stick Boy on McCue's hit ... check out the tigers site for the replay. Definitely led with his elbow and left his feet. Doyle is not 5 1/2 feet tall, and for McCue to leave his feet to hit Doyle, it definitely has to be a hit to the noggin.

Hoping the league does what they should do - suspension is in order!!

Ennis - who is the one that should be shadowing ... my guess is Eakin who could stay with him and be physical with him too. We have to stop giving up the long pass to him ... even if it means keeping one of our forwards out of the offensive zone to stay with him as he cherry-picks. Stop Ennis ... stop the mighty tigers.

d-man
03-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Ennis - who is the one that should be shadowing ... my guess is Eakin who could stay with him and be physical with him too.

Well it sure isn't Molle who has had his jock handed to him by Ennis and Bosch all series.

Flathead
03-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Agree with Stick Boy on McCue's hit ... check out the tigers site for the replay. Definitely led with his elbow and left his feet. Doyle is not 5 1/2 feet tall, and for McCue to leave his feet to hit Doyle, it definitely has to be a hit to the noggin.

Hoping the league does what they should do - suspension is in order!!

Ennis - who is the one that should be shadowing ... my guess is Eakin who could stay with him and be physical with him too. We have to stop giving up the long pass to him ... even if it means keeping one of our forwards out of the offensive zone to stay with him as he cherry-picks. Stop Ennis ... stop the mighty tigers.
It's basically the Tyler Ennis Tigers. Shut him down, you win.

Toswammi
03-26-2009, 08:45 PM
It's basically the Tyler Ennis Tigers. Shut him down, you win.

Pretty much...No Ennis, no problem

trucker
03-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Anyone read the comments on "Tiger Turf" after game 4? Its like we are playing those Pat thetic Reginans all over again. Making comments about Yonkmans cousin in Byblow, calling out Wudricks beard? Medicine Hat apparently has a few mentally challenged fans. If it were not for Ennis you would be done by now. McCue is a goon and you kitten fans should be ashamed of your teams head shots! P.S. Jon Keen is twice the announcer you have, at least he can blink and talk at the same time! See you at the I-Plex tomorrow Bronco fans, we SHOULD NOT see McCue he should be punished with some sort of suspension. JON KEEN keep up the good work!! vci34

trucker
03-26-2009, 10:40 PM
HAHAHAHA LMAO!!! RYAN SWITZER YOU ARE AWSOME!!! I sure miss hearing you announce games buddy! Tim is o.k. but doesn't have the colour you have. Just read your conversation with Rod, deep down playing Regina was more exciting, I miss all that smack talk. Go Broncos, Go Keener, and GO RYAN SWITZER!! Keep the blogging happening, great stuff. applause

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
03-27-2009, 01:27 PM
What's Doyle Status? I know he didn't practice yesterday. I would assume that McCue will not receive a suspension???????

dubfan
03-27-2009, 02:16 PM
WHL site shows McCue with a 2 game suspension

stick boy
03-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Good on the dub for getting this one right although it really is only a one game suspension because McCue should have gotten a major and a game with 58:30 left in game four.

So they are saying that a deliberate head shot while leaving the feet causing a concussion is only worth one game? wow! what did Downie get 20 for then when he hit McAmmond?

wheat_city
03-27-2009, 02:59 PM
Anyone read the comments on "Tiger Turf" after game 4? Its like we are playing those Pat thetic Reginans all over again. Making comments about Yonkmans cousin in Byblow, calling out Wudricks beard? Medicine Hat apparently has a few mentally challenged fans.If it were not for Ennis you would be done by now. McCue is a goon and you kitten fans should be ashamed of your teams head shots! P.S. Jon Keen is twice the announcer you have, at least he can blink and talk at the same time! See you at the I-Plex tomorrow Bronco fans, we SHOULD NOT see McCue he should be punished with some sort of suspension. JON KEEN keep up the good work!! vci34

any team would love to have mccue on there team and the tigers are lucky to have him... still wish he was in brandon. You need a guy like that on every team. i really think the tigers will take this series in six. ennis will probably score another 8 goals by the end of the series. As for the radio announcer beak... the tigers have the best play by play man in the league hands down buddy... if you want to hear bad radio announcers watch a kooteney game online from this year.

Toswammi
03-27-2009, 03:20 PM
any team would love to have mccue on there team and the tigers are lucky to have him... still wish he was in brandon. You need a guy like that on every team. i really think the tigers will take this series in six. ennis will probably score another 8 goals by the end of the series. As for the radio announcer beak... the tigers have the best play by play man in the league hands down buddy... if you want to hear bad radio announcers watch a kooteney game online from this year.

Ridley is just Ridley...Reminds me of the old CBC Toronto commentators. No McCue and no Doyle trade-off may benefit the Broncos in the sense that we have more depth to replace the player. With that said i would much rather have both of them playing and this never happen.

All this talk about banning hockey really hides a more pressing issue. Hockey needs to get rid of head shots first.

Tiger Trauma
03-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Anyone read the comments on "Tiger Turf" after game 4? Its like we are playing those Pat thetic Reginans all over again. Making comments about Yonkmans cousin in Byblow, calling out Wudricks beard? Medicine Hat apparently has a few mentally challenged fans. If it were not for Ennis you would be done by now. McCue is a goon and you kitten fans should be ashamed of your teams head shots! P.S. Jon Keen is twice the announcer you have, at least he can blink and talk at the same time! See you at the I-Plex tomorrow Bronco fans, we SHOULD NOT see McCue he should be punished with some sort of suspension. JON KEEN keep up the good work!! vci34

Can people not state their opinion without insulting anyone anymore?

There was a comment that disregarded the above on my blog and I'm looking into trying to edit future comments.

Personally I like Jon keen, I think he is a really good broadcaster. Ridley has been around for a while, and Toswammi's opinions sort of echo my thoughts on him. Ridley is a Tiger Legend and will always be. He is not as good as he used to be, but no-one is taking his spot until he says he's ready to give it up. I hope he stays for a long time because it has long been tradition to hear his voice on the radio on those cold winter nights

Tiger Trauma
03-27-2009, 05:06 PM
For the byblow/yonkman thing.

You will get whining/issues no matter who you play. A call in any direction and people will be thinking......

a) Make a call against family member - people think its because your related and you want to avoid showing bias
b) make a call for family member - people think its because your related and helping him out

IMO I think the league could avoid an unnecessary potentially big issue by not having them in the same game.

I'd be interested to know what other fans think(not involved in this series)

Toswammi
03-27-2009, 06:41 PM
For the byblow/yonkman thing.

You will get whining/issues no matter who you play. A call in any direction and people will be thinking......

a) Make a call against family member - people think its because your related and you want to avoid showing bias
b) make a call for family member - people think its because your related and helping him out

IMO I think the league could avoid an unnecessary potentially big issue by not having them in the same game.

I'd be interested to know what other fans think(not involved in this series)
Good call on the announcement for no name calling, etc on the blog. I wish more people would keep their blogs respectable like that (or the comments section). No one needs to read attacks.

trucker
03-27-2009, 11:24 PM
Way to go Broncos! Loved the physical play tonight, we were spreading kitty guts all over the ice, you gotta think that group is becoming tired and feeling exhuasted. Go finish the job in the Hat boys, this city will be cheering loud and proud. Did anyone else have issues with the linesmen tonight? good grief it lookes like those stripes came from the tier 2 atom league! vc124

Goonarsk
03-27-2009, 11:46 PM
Where the hell do they get these zebras??? Tonight, for example... there was no consistency! What was a penalty on one rush wasn't on another. And let's give Negrin a tripping penalty after both players hit each other. Or how about the puck off the cross beam and allowing play to continue? Or the multiple missed offsides calls... and that icing call was just brutal. At one point it seemed that all a player had to do to get a penalty was to look at an opponent funny; at other times they put away the whistles. I can't say that the officials have been biased against the Broncos or the Tigers; they've just stunk period.

Overall, it was a good "never say die" win tonight. Not the best game the boys have played all year, but they came through in the end. One request though... would you please come to play from the drop of the puck? Please??

stick boy
03-28-2009, 12:04 AM
Wow what a game what a comeback!

Welcome back Eakin - Wudrick - Dalecky! Eakin was dynamite tonight, that is the best he has skated all series.

The officials were horrendous - must have been the ones the midget AAA girls rejected for tomorrow's league final. The tripping call on Negrin was incredible that someone could even dream up such a stupid call. And the icing don't even get me started on that, the Tigers' D-man shut'er down at the centre red line, apparently only the linesman didn't notice.

Wagner scores another huge goal as that line continues to impress.

great crowd, so much energy, amazing!

Sure hope Dansereau is ok

Must be a long quiet ride home for the kittens' fans, aw shucks

Where did the Tigers find those two euros? Okal spends more time flopping around on the ice than JD Watt. and that Kondratek is skating around during the fights deking out invisible players and firing pucks off the glass in the broncos zone? *** someone should of put him through the boards - perhaps even his own teammates. I guess watching a couple of yahoos like that makes me thankful for Jan Dalecky to have a euro who plays hockey the right way and who's teammates and fans respect him.

Speedy Broncs
03-28-2009, 12:12 AM
Anyone notice how the skating energy improved once we started hitting everything that moved? Wow - the tiggers were hearing footsteps (skatesteps??) and we won many battles because of that. Some tremendous hits and a number of them targeting their keys (Ennis) and their slow-moving defence. Good to see Eakin come out of his mini-slump and although Wudrick got 2 assists, not sure if he deserved 3rd star tonight ... thought Negrin's job on Ennis deserved a star tonight.

Crappy officiating - bad calls for both sides, no calls for both sides; why does Vetter always have to be 'the show' out there. Let 'em play!

Win that 6th game - doing it in the Hat would be (Tony the Tiger) grrrrrreeeeaaaatttt!

Tiger Trauma
03-28-2009, 01:04 AM
Looked like a pretty intense game.

The broncos start to dominate when they play very physical. The tigers start to control the play when the broncs start getting fancy.

I thought Yonkman looked like he had more confidence in the third than he has had all series.

Grats on the Win.

Toswammi
03-28-2009, 08:40 AM
Watched the highlights on the Tigers website. Yonks had two incredible saves. One no Ennis (first highlight in the second period) where he went cross crease and robbed Ennis on a tap in. The other i didn't realize he made a save until the highlights. The one where the puck flipped up in the air and Bosch (i think) knocked it out of the air and Yonks got his stick on it.

Good game, great crowd. It was a lot of fun, especially on the rounded end.

Flathead
03-28-2009, 10:01 AM
Wow what a game , that was crazy! Wudrick welcome to the playoffs, what a game , good job! Eakin finally started to put up some points as well. Everyone turned it up and played hard, except the starts to the periods. lol. Hope Dans is alright and can play Sunday. Should be exciting!!

Toswammi
03-28-2009, 11:14 AM
Wow what a game , that was crazy! Wudrick welcome to the playoffs, what a game , good job! Eakin finally started to put up some points as well. Everyone turned it up and played hard, except the starts to the periods. lol. Hope Dans is alright and can play Sunday. Should be exciting!!
Says something about our team depth if we can survive and play well with no Tassone, Doyle and now Dansereau (for a period)

That said Montgomery didn't look good after he limped to the bench last night. So the Hat is getting banged up too.

Flathead
03-28-2009, 11:28 AM
Says something about our team depth if we can survive and play well with no Tassone, Doyle and now Dansereau (for a period)

That said Montgomery didn't look good after he limped to the bench last night. So the Hat is getting banged up too.
For sure it does we can pretty much roll three strong lines and use a fourth once in awhile. Where as the Tigers basically roll two lines. We are wearing them down, they won't be able to handle another game like last nights. And I like Ennis the kid has sick talent, you can't deny that, but what was with him whining to the officials all night and even after the game he was talking with them at center ice. Take the loss, suck it up and skate away! I thought he won some big sportsmanlike player award. We got to him last night.

tigsfan0809
03-28-2009, 11:44 AM
Ennis does do that, altho I have seen a lot of other star players do that, Phaneuf, and Ryan White from Calgary come to mind. Congrats on a hard fought win last night, this series has been nothing short of amazing! If it wasn't for our slow d-corps not being able to handle your forwards, the series might look a little different...... Or not.....

Toswammi
03-28-2009, 12:27 PM
For sure it does we can pretty much roll three strong lines and use a fourth once in awhile. Where as the Tigers basically roll two lines. We are wearing them down, they won't be able to handle another game like last nights. And I like Ennis the kid has sick talent, you can't deny that, but what was with him whining to the officials all night and even after the game he was talking with them at center ice. Take the loss, suck it up and skate away! I thought he won some big sportsmanlike player award. We got to him last night.
There entire team seemed to always have something to say to the refs last night. First time this series i have seen that from the Tigers

Viper40
03-28-2009, 10:24 PM
Cant believe with as many points as Ennis has put up in this series, that it took 4 games to figure out that Wudrick/Eakin/Dalecky wasn't the best line to match Ennis?????? First off, they couldn't seem to keep him off the score sheet, and second, it completely stifled all of their scoring prowess. (what if Wagner shadowed Ennis all night,he has the speed for it, and smashed him every time the puck came within 2 feet of him??? Just my thoughts) Now imagine that, game 5, they didn't match them to Ennis and presto! 3 goals......this isn't rocket science....anywho, way to go boys , nice win, play a full 60 in the Hat and this series is done!!!

tigsfan0809
03-28-2009, 10:57 PM
The one Bronco that has really impressed me is John Negrin. What a pickup!! I said before the deadline that I'd love to see the Tigers pick him up, we didn't, and now he's a star on the Broncs. Solid defensively, talented offensively, he is amazing! Stickland has also fit in nicely for you guys as well. Maybe next year Willie won't be afraid to make a deal to help us out.

Link Dog
03-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Has anyone heard any updates on the status of Doyle and Dansereau?

Toswammi
03-29-2009, 01:25 PM

Its the playoffs, so unless someone inside the team lets it out, you won't hear too much.

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
03-29-2009, 01:29 PM
Alright! Got tickets for tonight's game in the Hat! Anyone else from Swift heading out for game 6?

Speedy Broncs
03-29-2009, 07:07 PM
watching the whl feed ... not sure who is a bigger whiner. Color guy Barry who complains about every penalty that the tigers get (not sure, but when Ennis hits Vause from behind and his helmet hits the board, should be a penalty!) or Tyler "I better go cry to the refs every time I get touched" Ennis. for such a talented player, really tarnishes his image when he whines so much.

BTW - what a BS call on Stickland (hand covering puck) that led to Tigers' goal.

Toswammi
03-29-2009, 07:07 PM
Both done for at least the first round.

Flathead
03-29-2009, 07:45 PM
too bad the refs couldn't let the teams decide, penalty after penalty, going both ways.

Toswammi
03-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Suddenly for some reason i have an uneasy feeling about Tuesday.

d-man
03-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Hopefully the refs let the teams decide game 7. They butchered any flow either team had tonight.

Tiger Trauma
03-29-2009, 11:02 PM

that makes two of us :spineyes:

Goonarsk
03-29-2009, 11:22 PM
that makes two of us :spineyes:

Make it three...

Three of our top players out? The Broncos are going to have to dig REAL deep for game seven... Hopefully, like others have said, the officiating is a non-factor. May the better team win!

Big Ern
03-29-2009, 11:51 PM
Just a few notes on game six...

Yes...I think those injuries really have the potential to hit home, as was partly evident tonight in Medicine Hat.

-the guys got little going offensively..starting with the powerplay, hardly a scoring chance was created due to poor chemistry and that was Swift Current's ultimate undoing tonight.

-I also thought the frustration got to our guys a little bit. Veteran players were taking penalties at inopportune times in the game....

-officiating has played a big part in this series.....Mike Brown was bleeding tonight after a play that drew no penalty call. Both sides were unhappy with the stripes after the game...never a good sign.

-Ryan Holfeld was really stellar in goal for the 'Hat...I would say his best game of the series.

We'll see what the Broncos can come up with this Tuesday. I would agree they will have to "dig deep," but certainly believe they are capable of winning game seven, even with Doyle, Dansereau, and Tassone gone. They'll need a couple veteran forwards who have taken the series off to step their game up, and Travis Yonkman to be at his best.

As goes the cliche..."If you can't get fired up for a game seven, maybe you shouldn't be here."

LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
03-30-2009, 10:38 AM
The team seemed totally out of sync yesterday. Missing 3 top offensive players is definetly making line combinations difficult. In my opinion Eakin and Wudrick have not looked good together this entire series. I would put Wudrick with Dowling and Stickland instead of Dalecky/Hobban which Dean tried last night. 2nd unit would be Eakin, Dalecky and Peddle/Hobban. I would prefer Peddle as he has shown pretty good jump when given the opportunity to play in the series. Third unit of Brown, Wagner and Vause didn't have a great game yesterday but overall have been the hardest working , most consistent line and I would leave them together. The 4th line has to bee used more. This series they aren't seeing the ice until the game is decided late in the third. Perhaps if they were used more frequently Darragh wouldn't pick up 3 penalties on 3, 30 second shifts. If they were given quick shifts throughout the game perhaps the rest of the guys might have more legs at the end.

Hope we figure it out and GO BRONCOS GO.

Link Dog
03-30-2009, 12:28 PM
IMO if Dansereau is at even 50%, I would dress him if for nothing less than to play the power play.

sbtatter
03-30-2009, 01:29 PM
IMO if Dansereau is at even 50%, I would dress him if for nothing less than to play the power play.What is his injury?

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
03-30-2009, 02:25 PM
IMO if Dansereau is at even 50%, I would dress him if for nothing less than to play the power play.

I agree. Especially since it could be his last game in the WHL.

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
03-30-2009, 05:05 PM
Just got back from the Bronco office. Game 7 is a sellout.

GO BRONCOS GO

Link Dog
03-30-2009, 05:29 PM
What is his injury?

"lower body"

2,5,andagame
03-30-2009, 08:08 PM
Just got back from the Bronco office. Game 7 is a sellout.

GO BRONCOS GO

Not yet, season ticket holders have until 1:30 to pick up then the remainder go on sale.

Flathead
03-30-2009, 09:29 PM
It's a game seven, anything can happen. Man I hope we win and believe that we will. Leave it all on the ice, and have no regrets.

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
03-31-2009, 09:45 AM
Any word on suspensions from last game? WHL site not showing anything.

Offsider
03-31-2009, 10:33 AM
Fans need to help Broncos. Come on Be the seveth man for a change drowned out the Tiger fans from the start

Toswammi
03-31-2009, 11:17 AM
Any word on suspensions from last game? WHL site not showing anything.
Seeing how i didn't catch any part of the game on Sunday that would require suspensions (i listened to the second period), what did i miss?

whlfanatic
03-31-2009, 11:32 AM
3 - S.C Molle, 20:00 - Head Butting , 2 min

trucker
03-31-2009, 01:01 PM
We have played through injury all year and done a pretty good job of it. I guess its part of the playoffs, may the best team win, of course it'll be the BRONCOS!!!! Lets make some noise tonight and show the team we believe in them! Wouldn't be surprised to see Keegan and Erik playing tonight maybe not as much ice time but I bet they'll be there! Hows that for going out on a limb? :groovy:

scbfan
03-31-2009, 01:24 PM
I don't worry about who is in and who is out for tonight! All I have to say is GO BRONCO'S GO! LET"S BE LOUD AND PROUD! It is our barn and we don't need no tiger noise here!

trucker
03-31-2009, 02:28 PM
I don't worry about who is in and who is out for tonight! All I have to say is GO BRONCO'S GO! LET"S BE LOUD AND PROUD! It is our barn and we don't need no tiger noise here!
Your ABSOLUTELY right!!!!! I'm just speculating about about Keegan and Eric but it makes no differnce tonight, we have the heart to win and the fans to cheer them on. In the words of Larry the Cable Guy..."Get er Done" punk rock

dagley
03-31-2009, 04:58 PM
Rooting for ya Broncos!

dagley
03-31-2009, 04:59 PM

There is no suspension to Molle for it, they talked about it on the broadcast from the game last night between the Blades/Hurricanes. Molle will be available.

Tiger Trauma
03-31-2009, 10:04 PM
It was one helluva series.

You would think the outcome may be different if the bronco's had a full healthy roster.

Good Luck to Travis Yonkman, Spencer McAvoy and Keegan Danserau. Even though I'm cheering for the opposing team its tough to see the look on their faces after a hard fought series like this.

dagley
03-31-2009, 10:11 PM
Ennis had a hell of a series. Congrats to the Broncos for a hard battle fought. Hopefully Lethbridge can pull out a series tomorrow. Would love to play the Tigers.

Rockets1231
03-31-2009, 10:24 PM
Can someone get me an official 3-stars selection? The WHL website has:
1. S.C - 1 Travis Yonkman
2. S.C - 5 Spencer McAvoy
3. -

That obviously seems wrong. No 3rd Star and Holfeld stops 39 of 40 and isn't the first star? Heck he wasn't even a star. Was this one of those stupid things teams sometimes like to do where it's the team's or a player's last game so they get named the stars irrelevant of their play during the game? Cause I've always found that to be really stupid.

smackitsakic
03-31-2009, 10:26 PM
Best of luck to Travis, Spencer, and Keegan in the future. It's always tough for players to retire from the dub. Hoping they remain successful in the future either in hockey or away from the game!

Not trying to stir anything up here, but am curious why the Broncos coaching staff left the ice and did not shake the Tigers hands as the Tigers coaches shook the Broncos hands? Just curious as to why.

Tiger Trauma
03-31-2009, 10:31 PM
3. -

That obviously seems wrong. No 3rd Star and Holfeld stops 39 of 40 and isn't the first star? Heck he wasn't even a star. Was this one of those stupid things teams sometimes like to do where it's the team's or a player's last game so they get named the stars irrelevant of their play during the game? Cause I've always found that to be really stupid.

I may be wrong but did they give the third star to Danserau? Since he wasn't eligible because he was not on the game roster sheet they didn't list him?

I think its a honorable gesture anyways

Speedy Broncs
03-31-2009, 11:21 PM
3. -

Simply toasting the 20 year olds that have played their last game in the Dub. Nothing stupid about that - nice gesture by the team. Grow up.

Flathead
03-31-2009, 11:24 PM
Best of luck to Travis, Spencer, and Keegan in the future. It's always tough for players to retire from the dub. Hoping they remain successful in the future either in hockey or away from the game!

Not trying to stir anything up here, but am curious why the Broncos coaching staff left the ice and did not shake the Tigers hands as the Tigers coaches shook the Broncos hands? Just curious as to why.
They did walk over and shake hands with the Tigers coaching staff.

stick boy
04-01-2009, 02:33 AM
And I am equally curious why Tiger fans insist on yelling and screaming during O Canada - made me cringe every time. It saddens me to see such a lack of respect for our great country.

smackitsakic
04-01-2009, 07:48 AM
I'm meaning Tiger coaching staff shaking the hands of Bronco players, and the Broncos coaching staff not shaking the hands of the Tiger players. Made me curious.

trucker
04-01-2009, 09:05 AM
I'm meaning Tiger coaching staff shaking the hands of Bronco players, and the Broncos coaching staff not shaking the hands of the Tiger players. Made me curious.
I was wondering the same thing. I thought it was fairly poor and looked class-less. A few more series like that and I think I would hate the Tigers as much as I hate the Pats! Oh well, I think the outcome would have been different with a full line up but that is the playoffs i guess. Holfeld was the better goalie this entire series, I don't know what happened to Yonks but he was not even close to what he was last year. And constantly battling from behind, why was it we came out of that dressing room flat every period? I have got to say also that Wagner is now my new favorite player, if everyone on the team showed as much heart as he does EVERY shift it would have been different. Don't get me wrong there are others on the team that put it all out there but not everyone in my opinion, put that together with shakey goaltending and you get what we have. I am now excited for next year, still love the BRONCOS and always will!! I will be pullin for the wheaties the rest of the way! punk rock