PDA

View Full Version : Eberle signs with Oilers

nivek_wahs
03-23-2009, 10:03 AM
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=272386

OILERS SIGN EBERLE TO 3-YEAR ENTRY LEVEL CONTRACT

Edmonton, AB (Sports Network) - The Edmonton Oilers announced on Monday that they have signed forward Jordan Eberle to a three-year NHL entry level contract.

Eberle was taken 22nd overall in the 2008 draft by the Oilers and recently finished his third season of junior hockey with Regina of the Western Hockey League. In his time with the Pats, the 18-year-old notched 105 goals, 99 assists and 204 points in 197 games. That included 35 goals and 74 points in 61 games this season.

Eberle also established himself in the 2009 IIHF World Junior Championships while skating with Canada, as he posted the game-tying goal in his team's 6-5 overtime win over Russia in the semifinals. He also notched a shootout tally in that contest, helping move eventual-champion Canada into the gold medal game versus Sweden.

dagley
03-23-2009, 05:26 PM
Oilers will use him next year, ruin his career instead of sending him back to Regina where he should probably go.

Goonarsk
03-23-2009, 05:36 PM
Oilers will use him next year, ruin his career instead of sending him back to Regina where he should probably go.

Unless his training camp is exceptional (see Gagner), he'll be sent to the Falcons for the year. Edmonton has more than enough small skilled forwards at the moment, and playing at the AHL level would be best for his development. Granted, if his camp is horrendous he could always end up back in Regina.

patsrock83
03-23-2009, 05:43 PM
i was under the impression that he cant play next year in the ahl, thought he too young either play for oil or sent back to us am I wrong?

dagley
03-23-2009, 06:53 PM
He can't play in the AHL next season, he is too young. He needs to be 20, or in the NHL to play. Knowing MacTavish in Edmonton, he will be an idiot and try and turn Ebs into a grinding 4th liner, lol. He should be back in Regina, in my opinion.

Goonarsk
03-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Okay, I didn't know that... my opinion has now changed. Unless he has an exceptional camp, he'll be back with the Pats. As good as Eberle is, I can't see him displacing anyone on the Oilers top two lines, and he's not nearly physical enough to play on the third or fourth. But then again, we're talking about MacTavish so who knows?