PDA

View Full Version : Kings hot Fans not!

Chipper
04-20-2005, 09:19 PM
Where are all the Wheat Kings fans? Your team, just won a hard fought series against the Hitman and I'm wondering where you all are? I haven't seen a post for a while and think we need to get some hype Going on this site. Lets try and get some opinions on how your team is and will do in the east final against P.A. I hope for a great Eastern series and from there a huge WHL final against the ROCKETS or the ICE and on to the Memorial Cup. Come one come all and lets talk about your teams chances.

Joe Hallenback
04-20-2005, 09:40 PM
We let our team do the talking on the ice for us

Unlike some Fans...cough Calgary cough...

Chaucer
04-20-2005, 09:53 PM
Brandon has lots of casual fans, but not too many diehards. In Brandon WHL hockey isn't a huge deal. Brandon always gets off to a rough start with the fans in the playoffs cause they have to play in Winnipeg. There are lots of teams in the MJHL within 90 minutes of Brandon so they don't have a huge rural audience either. The Brandon media does an awful job of following the Wheat Kings too. It's a shame that Brandon has so many talented players and are so good to watch, yet Brandon fans are so emotionless.

BWK
04-20-2005, 10:34 PM
OK, I'll call BS on that one. Brandon fans are as passionate about their team as any in this league!

How can you say that WHL hockey is not a big deal. Not only is it a big deal, it is the only deal. Play-off games in Winnipeg are a non-issue to us because it has always happened and it always will. We are a farm community and the Royal Manitoba Winter Fair has been here on the same week for over 100 years. So, we share the wealth with Winnipeg for a couple of games. No big deal.

There may be lots of MJHL teams near here (two, Neepawa and Portage) but that is not on the radar. The nearest NHL is the Minnesota Wild, pro hockey of any sort are The Moose but I couldn't name two of their players. Football, the Bombers alienate us by scheduling their games on Thursday and Friday and baseball is non existant. WHL is the be all and end all of sports in Western Manitoba.

Having said that, Brandon fans are a different type from many others in the league. They (the Brandon fans) are much like the farm communities they come from. They are hard working but quiet, go about doing their job but not drawing to much attention to themselves, but with a quiet optomism that, no matter what, things will turn out for the best.

Brandon fans have been supporting the Wheat Kings since the 1930's and we have learned a few things along the way. No matter how much i cut down the opponents I can't score or stop goals. All I can do is turn up at the rink, (which I do for every game) and cheer on my team. They team can take care of the rest.

BWK
04-20-2005, 10:39 PM
Where are all the Wheat Kings fans? Your team, just won a hard fought series against the Hitman and I'm wondering where you all are? I haven't seen a post for a while and think we need to get some hype Going on this site. Lets try and get some opinions on how your team is and will do in the east final against P.A. I hope for a great Eastern series and from there a huge WHL final against the ROCKETS or the ICE and on to the Memorial Cup. Come one come all and lets talk about your teams chances.

Wheaties went 6-2-1 against PA this year.

I don't see anything changing now. Wheaties in 5

Chaucer
04-20-2005, 10:52 PM
Having said that, Brandon fans are a different type from many others in the league. They (the Brandon fans) are much like the farm communities they come from. They are hard working but quiet, go about doing their job but not drawing to much attention to themselves, but with a quiet optomism that, no matter what, things will turn out for the best.

You call it quiet optomism, I call it emotionless.

Drive down 18th street and tell me how many businesses have "go wheat kings" messages on their signs. The only deal? Please.

westbeach55
04-20-2005, 11:12 PM
playoffs are a different game. the wheaties had the raiders number most of the year. raiders are healthy now and with the #1 goalie in the league, i wouldn't get to confident. The raiders will win this series. go raiders go

Joe Hallenback
04-20-2005, 11:26 PM
I predict Stone to deliver a brutal dirty bodycheck to Chipchura knocking him out of the series and Calgary fans to complain about it bitterly pining for the days of "old time hockey" like Eddie Shore :laugh:

Rusty_Shackelford
04-21-2005, 10:17 AM
i expect later to get beat up by somebody this series what a awkward looking , terrible dman. heck even webb is more dependable

Yeah, second in points for all WHL dmen during the regular season, leading all dmen in points for the playoffs, Later really does suck ;) , I guess we know now it doesnt take any actual knowledge of the game to be a moderator here,
just a big yap and way too much free time.. :thumb: keep up the intelligent posts slick.

Rusty_Shackelford
04-21-2005, 12:23 PM
Your knowledge or lack thereof is a joke, Go ahead and say you don't like him for whatever reasons you may have, but come on dude, calling him a hack and saying you could do better is just emberrasing yourself. Either get a clue or log out hack. Do you even watch the games? Just curious.

BWK
04-21-2005, 12:54 PM
i expect later to get beat up by somebody this series what a awkward looking , terrible dman. heck even webb is more dependable

If somebody did try to beat up Later we all know it won't be Kozak.

He will be too busy running and hiding from Webb to worry about going after anybody.

Chaucer
04-21-2005, 03:22 PM
Later just has to make outlet passes and let Stone/Fehr/Monych/Konsorada/Sindel do the rest. Any plug capable of connecting 1 out of 3 passes could lead all d-men in playoff scoring with this team. Let's keep in mind Brandon played Moose Jaw in round one for five games, and that's good for anyone's stats.

Medicine Hat had just as much offence, better d-men and better goaltending than Brandon.

Raiders in 6.

Knuckle Chucker
04-21-2005, 06:22 PM
Wheaties went 6-2-1 against PA this year.

I don't see anything changing now. Wheaties in 5

Sounds good buddy. I hope the players are as cocky. This is not the regular season anymore. Just ask the Blades and Tigers. Many of the Raiders were hurt and out of the lineup in those wheat king wins. This is a different team then in the Reg. season. Raiders in 6.

Furback
04-21-2005, 06:52 PM
Yeah, second in points for all WHL dmen during the regular season, leading all dmen in points for the playoffs, Later really does suck ;) , I guess we know now it doesnt take any actual knowledge of the game to be a moderator here,
just a big yap and way too much free time.. :thumb: keep up the intelligent posts slick.

do you just look at stats are do you watch the man play. Raiderfan has a point Later makes bad plays his points are result of him playing on a blessed powerplay. He is there second unit d man during regular strenth. I give the guy credit he did put up good numbers, but i feel he is product of his inviroment. plus he takes stupid pentalys and is hot headed. My point is though he put up good offensive numbers he does have a huge down side thats why your attack of raiders fans knowledge was uncalled for.

Joe Hallenback
04-21-2005, 07:06 PM
do you just look at stats are do you watch the man play. Raiderfan has a point Later makes bad plays his points are result of him playing on a blessed powerplay. He is there second unit d man during regular strenth. I give the guy credit he did put up good numbers, but i feel he is product of his inviroment. plus he takes stupid pentalys and is hot headed. My point is though he put up good offensive numbers he does have a huge down side thats why your attack of raiders fans knowledge was uncalled for.

He is also considered the best overager in the WHL by many. Not too Shabby. :groovy:

Knuckle Chucker
04-21-2005, 07:10 PM
He is also considered the best overager in the WHL by many. Not too Shabby. :groovy:

Who is many????

Furback
04-21-2005, 07:10 PM
Umm never heard that about him but your from Brandon the media capital of canada so im sure your in the know?????

Rusty_Shackelford
04-22-2005, 09:53 AM
Im just sitting "Her" wondering why you are not at school today. Is the 17 at the end of your name your age or IQ, or both? Goes to show what inbreeding can do. :D

ynot
04-22-2005, 11:43 AM
playoffs are a different game. the wheaties had the raiders number most of the year. raiders are healthy now and with the #1 goalie in the league, i wouldn't get to confident. The raiders will win this series. go raiders go

I have to agree with you Westbeach!! Reggie has been outstanding...just ask the Tigers! Regular season doesn't count for much....just ask the Tigers!! lol

Raiders have proven they have got it together and want to win! Undefeated at home in the playoffs...wow! Hopefully for us fans it will be a good hard fought series...maybe another double OT game??!! ;) Just kidding!

Last time in the eastern final was 99; hopefully this is your year! An excellent write up regarding the fans of the Raiders on April 19 as well!

Good Luck!!

Furback
04-22-2005, 08:37 PM
Rusty why do you think your so smart? Just cause you can correct someones typO doesnt make you all knowing. Like i said raiders fan made a point about hockey and the only thing you can bring up is a nonhockey factor like spelling. If this was a forum on proper english rusty I would take you serous But this is a hockey forum and your just like Oj's glove you dont fit!