PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want next?

Section_Z
03-26-2009, 08:39 PM
Everett could still surprise Tri....but it's still early in that series...
I like Seattle as a team this year, but I don't think they can come back with 3 straight against the Chiefs...
So I think we're up against..
Spokane...

Pay back time!

Section_Z
03-29-2009, 12:02 AM
Spokane it is!
Bring it.

cougars_D-tyrell
03-29-2009, 03:47 AM
ur gunna loose in 6
be good for giants to loose then you will all no u guys needed a better goalie

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Hopefully this time the Giants will come out on top,and this is probably going to be a close series much like the Blades/Canes series is now. Anyways I hope the Giants can win this series. I hope that they show the Chiefs VS Giants series on TV since they showed an eastern conference series in the 1st round. GO Giants!!

Pete76
03-29-2009, 03:33 PM
having on 3 of our 6 D from last year ... this will be a different series

rinkrat
03-29-2009, 04:54 PM
I hope that they show the Chiefs VS Giants series on TV since they showed an eastern conference series in the 1st round. GO Giants!!

Rumour is, Shaw will show the Chiefs/Giants series. nothing confirmed yet though.

Pete76
03-29-2009, 07:32 PM
Rumour is, Shaw will show the Chiefs/Giants series. nothing confirmed yet though.

it's only good if we get to see it down here too:)

dondo
03-30-2009, 07:51 PM
ur gunna loose in 6

Curious that the Cougars went out in 4 and Sexy was a big part of those two close wins in PG. Maybe you should worry about your own team and let us worry about ours. vci33

The Chiefs are not the team they were last season and the Giants have the same speed that the Chiefs killed us with last year. Tik is still tough though and the Giants will have to have better finish around the net than they did in the last two games in PG. Good to see that we have two teams being gamely supported by their fan base and that both arenas will be nigh packed every night, unlike PG which was a ghost-town in the stands.

The ownership, management and fans don't deserve the team they currently have. Local kid Brett Connolly deserves better support than 2000 showing up for a playoff game -- their first in years .. truly pathetic in my mind.

Equally pathetic was the showing in Edmonton .. why did this city even get a franchise if they are going to be the most expensive ticket in the Dub (almost $30.00) Boogaard'd , charge NHL prices for concessions, beer and parking at R Place. I would much rather the franchise went to a city willing to support them, not the pathetic showing of 2000-ish fans to their very first playoff game.

Not a very conducive family atmosphere in these tough economic times.

Rockets1231
03-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Personally I think the Americans-Rockets series will be a better series to watch. I don't see Spokane being Vancouver this year, their team isn't nearly as strong as last year. Unless there's a huge surprise somewhere I think it's Vancouver-Kelowna in the West final and Calgary-Brandon (or Saskatoon if they come back) in the East final. Of those 5 teams I think it's either Vancouver, Calgary, or Kelowna taking the title. I also think that the Western League winner takes the Memorial Cup, but that remains to be seen. Although Lethbridge, Tri-City, and Spokane could surprise.

dagley
03-31-2009, 08:25 AM
Tokarski can steal games for Spokane, combine that with Bowman, Roman, Johnson, Wahl and Koper up front and decent defense they can beat the Giants. The loss of Cowen just hurts them.

dondo
03-31-2009, 05:25 PM
The difference this year is that we can beat the Chiefs, last year was a bit tougher, but the advantages they had last year are not such advantages this year.

Comparison:

Goaltending: edge Spokane -- Tik is a solid tender who can steal games. So is Sexy, but I have to give Tik the edge.

Defense: edge Vancouver -- the Giants boast defensemen throughout their line-up who could easily be top two on other squads. Add to that the defensive responsibility of the forwards and Vancouver gets a clear nod.

Forwards: tough call - saw-off - .. some great performers on both sides of the puck, but for the first time in a long time Vancouver has player's who are top of the scoring race. The Giants improved on speed as well this season and the intensity of Bouma cannot be denied.

Intangibles: edge Vancouver - home ice, Don Hay, won season series, depth scoring.

I would say Vancouver has a better than average chance of coming out of this series on top, but its probably going to be 6 or 7 games.

Priceisright
04-02-2009, 04:24 PM
ur gunna loose in 6

Sour grapes ? perhaps over losing 12 straight time to Vancouver? applause