PDA

View Full Version : Eberle gets 1st AHL point

patsdude114
03-28-2009, 01:02 AM
It may only be a assist but he got his 1st pro point out of the way in his 1st AHL game. He also had 3 shots on goal as well a +1

http://stats.theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1005824

sbtatter
03-28-2009, 08:18 AM
That's good news, he seems like such a nice kid. I wonder what his chances are of making the Oilers next season? I'd say 50/50....

dagley
03-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Playing on a line with Ryan Stone too :D

Vik
03-28-2009, 05:41 PM
That's good news, he seems like such a nice kid. I wonder what his chances are of making the Oilers next season? I'd say 50/50....
I'd say they're much closer to 0.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-28-2009, 11:57 PM
I wouldnt ever count out Eberle. The kid is a very, very smart player... and that more than makes up for his short comings.

He can sure work on a few things in junior but eventually, this kid will be in the NHL. I would say there is at least a small chance that he makes the NHL next year...hopefully for the pats' sake he comes back though.

Vik
03-29-2009, 12:15 AM
I wouldnt ever count out Eberle. The kid is a very, very smart player... and that more than makes up for his short comings.

He can sure work on a few things in junior but eventually, this kid will be in the NHL. I would say there is at least a small chance that he makes the NHL next year...hopefully for the pats' sake he comes back though.
Nothing against Eberle. As an Oilers fan, I can't wait to have him in the line up. The problem is that the Oilers currently have 16 forwards with the team, only one of which is unrestricted at the end of the season (Kotalik) and one of which is restricted (Brodziak). Well that's if my memory is serving me correctly. And that's not even including guys like Schremp, Brule, Stone, and such. The Oilers have a real log jam up front and there's really no room for Eberle and certainly no reason to rush him in.

sbtatter
03-29-2009, 08:25 AM
He'd be a nice addition to our Mem Cup team!!!!!

dagley
03-30-2009, 11:52 PM
That would be a quality addition to any team. However, it will obviously determine on how the Pats do next season, around the deadline if they are barely vying for a playoff spot, or struggling to even make the playoffs I am sure they will consider trading Eberle in exchange for some young prospects, young players and some draft picks.

I do hope the Pats have a better season next year.

scoreboard
04-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Cody Wild scored the first goal in 2008-09 for Springfield in Hartford, while rookie Jordan Eberle scored the final goal for the Falcons in 08-09. The 18-year-old Eberle finished with three goals and six assists for nine points in nine games with Springfield.