PDA

View Full Version : Depape to join Wheaties

WHEATMAN
03-30-2009, 04:13 PM
According to Luber's blog, Depape is to join the Wheaties for the playoffs. Easy decision this must have been. It seems unlikely, but who knows, he may see some ice time before this season is over.

http://luberslounge.blogspot.com

dagley
03-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Hopefully, he looks really promising as a player. Mind you, you obviously don't want to juggle whats working, perhaps he is just here to get use to the lifestyle, hang around the guys and practice. Might see some ice-time barring any injuries.

Brandonite
04-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Hopefully, he looks really promising as a player. Mind you, you obviously don't want to juggle whats working, perhaps he is just here to get use to the lifestyle, hang around the guys and practice. Might see some ice-time barring any injuries.

Its not un-common for a prospect to get braught up to his Major Junior team after his other teams season is complete. Saskatoon braught up Jamie Crooks, a AAA scoring champion in the Alberta AAA. They braught him up for the rest of the year as well. Depape will be here next season, so why send him home when he can come meet the guys and get an early adjustment

intheknow
04-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Its not un-common for a prospect to get braught up to his Major Junior team after his other teams season is complete. Saskatoon braught up Jamie Crooks, a AAA scoring champion in the Alberta AAA. They braught him up for the rest of the year as well. Depape will be here next season, so why send him home when he can come meet the guys and get an early adjustment
he can walk in and take anyone's spot on the fourth line right now so why wouldn't you bring him in

dagley
04-02-2009, 11:57 PM
he can walk in and take anyone's spot on the fourth line right now so why wouldn't you bring him in

I think everyone will agree that the 4th line has played excellent so far these playoffs. I have been impressed with the guys, playing hard and being physical.

Boltz9
04-03-2009, 07:23 AM
I think everyone will agree that the 4th line has played excellent so far these playoffs. I have been impressed with the guys, playing hard and being physical.

For sure they have played awesome. It would be nice to fit Depape into the line-up but it would be tough to break up that line with their play lately.