PDA

View Full Version : FIRE DEAN

2,5,andagame
03-31-2009, 10:36 PM
Might as well get it started.

sbtatter
03-31-2009, 10:53 PM
You have to wonder why you traded away the young guys for a 1st round exit...especially in a rebuilding year. You should have been sellers, not buyers, at the deadline (unless the goal was to get 4 home playoff games for cash purposes)

Big Ern
03-31-2009, 11:04 PM
You have to wonder why you traded away the young guys for a 1st round exit...especially in a rebuilding year. You should have been sellers, not buyers, at the deadline (unless the goal was to get 4 home playoff games for cash purposes)

You are looking at this from one angle and there's ten other angles to view it from.

I don't think anyone believes you're a fortune teller, or can see the future...but your posts do sound that way.

Good luck to the Wheat Kings.

CrazyGeorge
03-31-2009, 11:10 PM
I honestly didn't think the conversation of next year would have started so soon...Stickland, Tassone, Negrin, Doyle, Claffey, and Molle are all 20's next year. With all these guys out of the lineup, forwards we still have the likes of
Wudrick, Eakin, Dowling, Vause, Wagner, Peddle, Brown, Hoban, and Darragh.

Anyways, it was an up and down season, we did lose some key guys due to injuries and various times of the regular season and post season. Good luck to all the graduating Broncos (McAvoy, Yonkman, and Dansereau) and all the best where ever hockey takes them in the future.

dodywood4ever
03-31-2009, 11:37 PM
Another average year and frist round exit but is anybody really surprised? It is what it is and it will always be the same under this coach and g.m. And Guggenburger is about 21-3 since the trade and from all accounts Yonkman was far from stellar. Wicked trade! Savour the feeling Dean fans you earned it.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
04-01-2009, 12:01 AM
Maybe you guys should give swift current its very own annual "Fire Dean Chynoweth" carnival. With Fire Dean Chynoweth T-shirts, Fire Dean Badges, Fire Dean hats, and a raffle with a prize package including a fire dean broncos jersey, enough fire dean cowbells for the whole family and a special snappy t-shirt that shows a picture of fire, and beside it is Dean's picture, like a word play symbol thing.

Or....you could come to terms with what happened (it was 7 games, could have gone either way) and move on. At least you guys arent in as big of a hole going nowhere like the pats are in their current state.

Though I also disagree with moving Guggenberger for what they did too.

sbtatter
04-01-2009, 06:05 AM
You are looking at this from one angle and there's ten other angles to view it from.

I don't think anyone believes you're a fortune teller, or can see the future...but your posts do sound that way.

Good luck to the Wheat Kings.
Come on Ern, you're better than this.
Your team was in a reloading year (like us last year), and projected to make the playoffs and lose in round 1 (like us last year). Likely should have stood pat, or traded for next year (like Koot). Instead, you traded for vets, and still got a 1st round exit. It's not rocket science, and some of us predicted this outcome on here. Some of you said the trades were made to ensure you made the playoffs in order to get playoff gate revenue, but you would have made the playoffs anyway.
Don't mistake what I'm saying as shots, because its not. I'm just surprised you'd be happy to give up future without getting any short term return.
And thanks for the good luck wishes, unfortunately our path is pre determined, if we play the Tigers we'll beat them but lose to Calgary the next round, if we play the Blades we'll lose to them. That's not fortune telling, that's reality, and sometimes reality bites.....

Offsider
04-01-2009, 06:55 AM
Thought the Boys played a good game last night worked hard .Take the top two scores and top line D man off any team and what do you have .The Broncos did better then most Teams would Have Rumor has it that they renewed Deans contract already so the fire Dean thing is Dead before it got started .But GET Rid of the TIM MAN Wudrick because HE DOES NOT HAVE A Heart either lots of questions for next year GOALTENDING???? And Defense. Negrin, Wagner, Vause and Brown all Playoff MVPS in my mind.

Section Eight
04-01-2009, 07:56 AM
Come on Ern, you're better than this.
Your team was in a reloading year (like us last year), and projected to make the playoffs and lose in round 1 (like us last year). Likely should have stood pat, or traded for next year (like Koot). Instead, you traded for vets, and still got a 1st round exit. It's not rocket science, and some of us predicted this outcome on here. Some of you said the trades were made to ensure you made the playoffs in order to get playoff gate revenue, but you would have made the playoffs anyway.
Don't mistake what I'm saying as shots, because its not. I'm just surprised you'd be happy to give up future without getting any short term return.
And thanks for the good luck wishes, unfortunately our path is pre determined, if we play the Tigers we'll beat them but lose to Calgary the next round, if we play the Blades we'll lose to them. That's not fortune telling, that's reality, and sometimes reality bites.....

That's as stupid as stupid get. Someone calls you out for being a bit of a fortune teller, after their team loses a hard fought series, and you follow that up with more ridiculous predictions and catagorize your opinion, your opinion pal, as reality.

There is no sure bet in the playoffs and the Wheat Kings are no more assured of beating Medicine Hat than they are of losing to Saskatoon. It's a game and whoever wants it more, get a few good bounces, and get's solid goaltending will win, period.

There are a few thousand Wheat King fans who I'm sure, right now, wish we could trade sbtatter for future considerations!!!

trucker
04-01-2009, 10:00 AM
We as fans don't know what kind of coach we have. Dean doesn't show emotion on the bench and sometimes that is a good thing, you can't run the show on emotion. His job is to get them motivated and sometimes it looks questionable when we return to the ice after the breaks. Again though it's up to the players what the result will be. Emotion runs high right now and if we would have beaten the Tigers people wouldn't be calling for Deans head. We as fans should "stick up" for our guys including the coach. I would do things differently myself but I am just a fan and don't know the circumstances behind the decisions. We have a guy in our city who is ranked 15th most influential in the W.H.L. and that says something about the quality person he is. It doesn't matter who coaches next year I will stand behind them, I think we all should. Unless of course it is Dale Derkatch, if that were the case I would show no support of my team just like "some arrogent jerk" of Regina, that kind of fan is what we don't want in Swift Current. We are a classy bunch where life makes sense and lets keep supporting the ENTIRE organization, Go Broncos! vci34

wango tango
04-01-2009, 10:43 AM
the broncos as an organization are at a crossroads.

chynoweth as gm has improved the overall talent level. talk about the deals at the deadline all you want, in reality not much was given up at all because the organization has the depth in the short term to absorb dealing magnus and martin. long term we'll see.

chynoweth as coach is where change needs to be seriously discussed. i don't know if he will get anymore out of the players. unfortunately 1st round exits with chynoweth as coach may be the plateau.

remember if substantial changes in coaching and management were to be made it could mean taking a step back to take two forward in the future. would bronco fans tolerate it? there are no guarantees. with chynoweth you will have a competitive team, but a continuation of bronco history that is filled with first round exits.

sbtatter
04-01-2009, 01:07 PM
That's as stupid as stupid get. Someone calls you out for being a bit of a fortune teller, after their team loses a hard fought series, and you follow that up with more ridiculous predictions and catagorize your opinion, your opinion pal, as reality.

There is no sure bet in the playoffs and the Wheat Kings are no more assured of beating Medicine Hat than they are of losing to Saskatoon. It's a game and whoever wants it more, get a few good bounces, and get's solid goaltending will win, period.

There are a few thousand Wheat King fans who I'm sure, right now, wish we could trade sbtatter for future considerations!!!
You missed the sarcastic fortune telling portion of my post!!

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
04-01-2009, 01:27 PM
It doesn't matter who coaches next year I will stand behind them, I think we all should. Unless of course it is Dale Derkatch, if that were the case I would show no support of my team just like "some arrogent jerk" of Regina, that kind of fan is what we don't want in Swift Current. We are a classy bunch where life makes sense and lets keep supporting the ENTIRE organization, Go Broncos! vci34

Ive shown much more support for my franchise than you do. I dont just cheer on my favorite players and chase the mascot like you do. Ive stuck around after alot of bad seasons, and I post what I think, not what people want to hear like you do.

And spare me your self righteous bull****. You are ever so classy, just as long as you keep repeating it. I bet a classy bunch of people love to derail other teams' fans when they are struggling too, and they try and troll other posters not involved in the thread. Talk about classy.

sbtatter
04-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Actually I wouldn't get rid of Dean, he"s building a good program there

dodywood4ever
04-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Ive shown much more support for my franchise than you do. I dont just cheer on my favorite players and chase the mascot like you do. Ive stuck around after alot of bad seasons, and I post what I think, not what people want to hear like you do.

And spare me your self righteous bull****. You are ever so classy, just as long as you keep repeating it. I bet a classy bunch of people love to derail other teams' fans when they are struggling too, and they try and troll other posters not involved in the thread. Talk about classy.

Dont even bother SAJ. You are dealing with a bunch of people who have resigned themselves to support a coach that will always be middle of the pack, first round exit style. To them making the playoffs equals the Memorial Cup. For them admitting that anything else means defeat. We will never make it anywhere with Deano as the head coach and its just plain fact and a pathetic one at that. But I guess his track record speaks for itself so lets just ignore the facts.

sbtatter
04-01-2009, 06:38 PM
the broncos as an organization are at a crossroads.

chynoweth as gm has improved the overall talent level. talk about the deals at the deadline all you want, in reality not much was given up at all because the organization has the depth in the short term to absorb dealing magnus and martin. long term we'll see.

chynoweth as coach is where change needs to be seriously discussed. i don't know if he will get anymore out of the players. unfortunately 1st round exits with chynoweth as coach may be the plateau.

remember if substantial changes in coaching and management were to be made it could mean taking a step back to take two forward in the future. would bronco fans tolerate it? there are no guarantees. with chynoweth you will have a competitive team, but a continuation of bronco history that is filled with first round exits.
He has drafted pretty well though hasn't he? I'm thinking of players like eakin, Vause, Wagner, Peddle.
It's not easy for small towns like Swifty, MJ and Bdn to attract guys to play. I think he made a mistake in his trades at the deadline (who on here hasn't made mistakes) and said so at the time, but hey, maybe he did want to ensure playoff crowds?

d-man
04-01-2009, 08:20 PM
So if the board or Dean decide not to sign again who is the realistic choice to replace him as GM &/or head coach?

Flathead
04-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Actually I wouldn't get rid of Dean, he"s building a good program there
ya, sure he is. You just like beating us every game of the season but one!

stick boy
04-01-2009, 11:53 PM
So here is my two cents. If we have to choose between two individuals then I will go with the one who is the bigger name, has the more impressive resume, and who really wants to be here.

Lets face it if Habby is here he is automatically one of the most high profile names in Major Junior Hockey. If that high profile name attracts a big name euro, a NCAA bound player or two, or an NHL team to send a player back for seasoning (ie Tassone or Negrin) under a well known coach then I think the decision is a no-brainer.

His coaching resume speaks for itself, it is nearly unrivaled in junior hockey.

CrazyGeorge
04-01-2009, 11:59 PM
agreed...end of story!!

In reality, would it happen, I doubt it.

sbtatter
04-02-2009, 07:49 AM

I wa thinking that I should answer your post...
Paragraph1) Go back and look at the posts around the time that Swifty made the trade with Koot, I said then it made no sense b/c Swift in a reloading year weren't going to go far in the playoffs, with or without trades. Someone on here then said that the trades were made to ensure as many home dates as possible in the playoffs, because the team needed those gates to survive financially, so with that in mind the trades made sense economically, which I agreed with.
And opinions are shared by everyone on here, thats what the oard is, because there sure as heck aren't a lot of facts, but its a place to come and banter and offer opinions.....And surely no one on here really believes that ANY of us would do half as well as the GM's/coaches we pick apart???
And my last paragraph where i assuredly predicted we would beat the Tigers and lose to the Blades, I should have put a smiley face to make sure you understood that was a fun poke at fortune telling!
In all reality Swift had a great year, a reloading year, they battled through injuries, their youngsters got a lot of playing time, if they find a goalie for next season they should do well.
And section 8 (note, this is a humour alert!!), sorry to break the news, but I have a no trade clause in my contract!!!!!!!

observer9
04-02-2009, 08:12 AM
I hear the Broncos board of directors is the league's laughing stock. Dean is well respected across the league and folks around the WHL think we're crazy that our board hasn't picked up his option. He's done some great things and has moved this team forward in countless ways. 5 or 6 board members have held Dean hostage and it is an embarrassment to the WHL franchise. I hear J. Schafer is the guy who wants Dean out and is trying to rally the pitch forks.

silent no longer
04-02-2009, 12:24 PM
From http://www.jonkeen.blogspot.com/ :

Chynoweth Gets Go-Ahead For Next Season
In what has been the hottest topic off the ice for the Broncos, Head Coach / GM Dean Chynoweth will return next season for his option year.

"My plan is to be here. The Board (of directors) has made it clear they wanted to wait to see how things played out...they held the option year in my contract and they have exercised that option," commented Chynoweth from his office this morning.

From an outside perspective, it appeared the Board was contemplating making a change even though the team posted a 2nd straight 40 win season and a potential profitable season for the 2nd year in a row. Chynoweth, who was pretty much in limbo all season, wouldn't comment on that aspect.

"It doesn't really matter what I think. I have a job to do and am paid to do the job. We came up short this season. Now we will regroup and try to put ourselves into a position to be better next year."

Dean also talked about the playoff series with Medicine Hat and what he thought the difference was. I'll blog those thoughts at a later time.

trucker
04-02-2009, 12:40 PM

vci34 I knew that would get your attention. I wanted to hear your opinion cause I get a kick out of you. I am not posting what I think people want to hear it too is just my opinion. And yes, I did troll onto your thread because that is sport, your gonna kick me when i'm down, am I not allowed to do that to a Bronco rival? Bronco fans are passionate just like Pat fans, relax have a valium and enjoy the off season. P.S. Deano is back and MY OPINION is that it's a good thing, big things to look forward to next year. Can't wait to stomp on the Pats,lol! yeehoo

Believer
04-02-2009, 03:47 PM
This was on Jon Keens blog ......www.jonkeen.blogspot.com

Chynoweth Gets Go-Ahead For Next Season
In what has been the hottest topic off the ice for the Broncos, Head Coach / GM Dean Chynoweth will return next season for his option year.

"My plan is to be here. The Board (of directors) has made it clear they wanted to wait to see how things played out...they held the option year in my contract and they have exercised that option," commented Chynoweth from his office this morning.

From an outside perspective, it appeared the Board was contemplating making a change even though the team posted a 2nd straight 40 win season and a potential profitable season for the 2nd year in a row. Chynoweth, who was pretty much in limbo all season, wouldn't comment on that aspect.

"It doesn't really matter what I think. I have a job to do and am paid to do the job. We came up short this season. Now we will regroup and try to put ourselves into a position to be better next year."

Dean also talked about the playoff series with Medicine Hat and what he thought the difference was. I'll blog those thoughts at a later time.

Believer
04-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Crap....should have read back abit...already on here! haha Awe well...makes for a good read ;)

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
04-02-2009, 06:29 PM
And yes, I did troll onto your thread because that is sport, your gonna kick me when i'm down, am I not allowed to do that to a Bronco rival? Bronco fans are passionate just like Pat fans, relax have a valium and enjoy the off season.

Well, there is a limit to that sort of thing, because then your just annoying. When your team beats another team, you are entitled to some bragging rights, but...really you gotta know when to stop. Though I cant blame you, being rival teams and all.

And I wish I could relax. The pats are in more trouble than you think, since it looks like they probably arent changing anything.

trucker
04-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Well, there is a limit to that sort of thing, because then your just annoying. When your team beats another team, you are entitled to some bragging rights, but...really you gotta know when to stop. Though I cant blame you, being rival teams and all.

And I wish I could relax. The pats are in more trouble than you think, since it looks like they probably arent changing anything.
Not that you care about my opinion, but I don't think the coach is your problem. I think you had some attitude problems on your team this year nothin but pure speculation but maybe when you got Dudas that was just the thing to bring out a spoiled Teubert. 2 bad eggs in a dressing room can probably do a good job of poisoning a few more players. No team chemistry is a bad thing as I'm sure you know. If you traded Teubert away (if he comes back) you would definately recieve something valuable and maybe a more positive dressing room, but again I'm just a fair weather happy dappy Bronco fan to busy singing Kumbya at the I-Plex, what do Iknow?

FireDeanFanClub
04-05-2009, 07:59 PM
I hear the Broncos board of directors is the league's laughing stock. Dean is well respected across the league and folks around the WHL think we're crazy that our board hasn't picked up his option. He's done some great things and has moved this team forward in countless ways. 5 or 6 board members have held Dean hostage and it is an embarrassment to the WHL franchise. I hear J. Schafer is the guy who wants Dean out and is trying to rally the pitch forks.

Hmm - Well respected around the league is dean huh? Well I can't speak on that because I don't know what is going on outside the city limits of where life make sense. However, around town, from what I have heard it seems that there are more members in the Fire Dean Fan Club, then supporters of him. I just think the players we have had this year and last year are more talented then showed on the ice. I know that neither team was a Memorial Cup winning team, but maybe talented enough where they could have done better in the division instead of having to worry about a playoff spot. Luckily, the last 15-20 games of the season they played well. The last couple of years the Broncos have finished strong, but there always seems to be some kind of issues involved with players and why didn't they play more consistent like that throughout the year.

Who knows what will happen next year with players, but I have always heard rumors of players not wanting to play for him. I look at Wudrick and see some nights what he is truly capable of and other nights when he is the most frustrating guy to watch. How much if that is coaching? Does he not care out there? When he first came up as a 15 year-old and we saw him in the first round of the playoffs - he sure cared and he looked like he would be a star in the league. What happened?

Look at the kind of last couple years that Bortis has had in Calgary. I know he dogged it here in Swift, but how much of that was because of Dean and not liking him or some sort of personality conflict.

I guess I don't see the point of renewing the contract with Dean for 1 more year considering what we traded away at the deadline and what we did in the playoffs.

One thing we will be sure to continue next year, which Dean Chynoweth has consistently brought in his tenure as coach, is one of the worst power plays in the league. That is a staple of his coaching method.

Broncs in RD
04-06-2009, 12:13 AM
Wow great post FDCFC.
I have to agree the worst PP. Alot of players not into Dean.
We made a pretty bold trade with Kootney, which SHOULD have secured a 2nd round playoff at THE VERY LEAST. What do we do bail out in the 1st. Sure back to back 40 wins is good, but to be a ELITE club you need to hit 50 wins. I hate the extra one year, after next season then we need to go out and find a whole new regime. I think we have the tools/players we need a PROVEN coach to take them to the next level. BRONCO fans DESERVE it. There has been to many board memebers who are happy with being a mediocer club.

observer9
04-06-2009, 08:22 AM
Hmm - Well respected around the league is dean huh? Well I can't speak on that because I don't know what is going on outside the city limits of where life make sense. However, around town, from what I have heard it seems that there are more members in the Fire Dean Fan Club, then supporters of him. I just think the players we have had this year and last year are more talented then showed on the ice. I know that neither team was a Memorial Cup winning team, but maybe talented enough where they could have done better in the division instead of having to worry about a playoff spot. Luckily, the last 15-20 games of the season they played well. The last couple of years the Broncos have finished strong, but there always seems to be some kind of issues involved with players and why didn't they play more consistent like that throughout the year.

Who knows what will happen next year with players, but I have always heard rumors of players not wanting to play for him. I look at Wudrick and see some nights what he is truly capable of and other nights when he is the most frustrating guy to watch. How much if that is coaching? Does he not care out there? When he first came up as a 15 year-old and we saw him in the first round of the playoffs - he sure cared and he looked like he would be a star in the league. What happened?

Look at the kind of last couple years that Bortis has had in Calgary. I know he dogged it here in Swift, but how much of that was because of Dean and not liking him or some sort of personality conflict.

I guess I don't see the point of renewing the contract with Dean for 1 more year considering what we traded away at the deadline and what we did in the playoffs.

One thing we will be sure to continue next year, which Dean Chynoweth has consistently brought in his tenure as coach, is one of the worst power plays in the league. That is a staple of his coaching method.

Where to start with this unfounded rambling?

From what I hear, people are in favor of the extra year and some are wondering why it wasn't extended further. I can't say everyone is in favor but you can't please everyone. My guess would be 80/20 from the people I talk to. We must run in different circles FDFC. You can't use this message board as an indicator. It's traditionally a dumping ground for frustration yet has little to no praise on it when things go well.

Every team has player issues, in fact the Broncos traditionally have significantly less than the rest of the league. Think of how many people get along in your workplace. Conflict and difference of opinion is unavoidable. Lets not chalk this up on the coaching staff. Talk to some of the veterans who have moved on to better things. They all have the organization and coaching staff to thank. ex: Weise, Smith, Wilson, Stamler to name a few.

Using Geordie Wudrick for your example? Good luck with that.

Kyle Bortis? Injured several times as a Bronco and quit on his team. Need I say more?

Worst PP? The numbers wouldn't agree with you. over 26% in the playoffs (without Doyle, Dans, Tassone) and 19% in the regular season. Just because you say it is doesn't make it fact. The numbers would say you're wrong.

Any other unfounded statements/accusations left?

Perhaps you and Schafer need to go out for coffee again and discuss.

speedyfan3
04-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Observer 9, funny how unfounded rambling is compounded with unfounded rambling on this board...

To say Bortis quit on his team, I assume you knew him personally and he told you that he was not going to give it his all, cause if you look at him in Calgary he skating is very similar to what is was in Swift, he is just been surrounded with different people. He was a very effortless skater that kept up to most with what looked like he was dogging it. Bortis was and still is a great player, maybe change was all he needed. I can say he liked Swift Current, I can't comment on his relationship with the coaching staff. Then to go on on say "Using Geordie Wudrick for your example? Good luck with that." what exactly do you mean by that?...He is a first round pick, second overall that has not developed a whole lot, if any while in Swift. This would, in my opinion, have to at least have something to do with coaching. I would assume it would have to. When most players play hockey for people that work with a player, that player will almost always improve to some degree. I am not even an elite player and when I played that is how it worked for me. and If you gave respect you got respect and in return performance.
Players like Wudrick and Bortis do not normally get worse when they play a higher level of hockey, unless something is lacking or someone is not reaching them in the way they need to be coached. and that may purely be a difference that can not be mended in all situation.
Now sure if the player has issues, which I don't think one could say our team has any less than any other team, unless you have polled all the other teams, that player may perform less consistently, but that again comes on the head of the coaching staff to attempt to correct those concerns/issues. These are kids, they need to be coached to improve. Mentally and physically coached in positive manners.
I also find it a weak that you are calling someone out in a negative fashion as you are Jerrod Schafer for what may be his opinion. Does that mean your real name should be as openly gassed for your opinion? This is an opinion forum if you are going to play that game also express the names of those that voted for and against so both 'sides of the fence' can publicly whip those they feel wronged them when they voted in favor or against Dean...just use common sense before you start slamming others...because there is alway two sides to every story.

the broncos have done reasonably well under Dean, but expectations going into the year where great, and coming out we reached only average.. that could be very well a result of late season injuries, so we could speculate all we want of what could have or should have been, but that would get us nowhere..Dean has another year, we should support the broncos, no matter who is at the helm and see how the 09/10 season rides out. some people would have been upset no matter what happened at the end of the season, dean or no dean...as per what percent would have choosen either way in our fair city and area...who really knows...lets just hope they have a good season next year and stay healthy into the playoffs

FireDeanFanClub
04-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Maybe me and Schafer and the other 80% of Bronco fans should go out for coffee. I think you got that ratio mixed up - I think that it's 80% of fans who are big Dean supporters. At the very least I would say that it is split.

Why don't we get a cardboard cut out of Dean to go behind the bench next year. The cut out will have the same coaching method as Dean. Stand behind the bench with the arms crossed and say nothing to the players. Instead of renewing Dean's contract for next year, I think that's what they should have done and then saved some money for the franchise.

I just wish he would be more active with the players and it would be nice to see some mentoring going on back there. Instead it just looks like he is an observer like one of the fans, except he doesn't have to pay admission and has the best seat in the house.

The other thing is I don't think we were that far off from being a first round victim of the sweep. If we play either Calgary or Brandon, then that could have been our fate. We weren't that far off from being sixth place Kootenay facing Brandon and potentially being swept. Maybe thanks to the Negrin trade that fate was avoided, but at what cost? I am really curious what will come of Magnus, as there was lots of potential in him. Is that trade justified to get a first round playoff exit and to not have Negrin back next year? The answer is no, in my mind.

Since Dean has been here, we get the unenviable title of scoring the least amount of goals in WHL history, the first time in franchise history that we don't make the playoffs. Two first round exits, and a second round birth thanks to some stellar goaltending by Travis Yonkman. If Yonkman doesn't steal that series last year, then we have 3 first round exits under Dean's tenure.

Ya let's give him another year, keep up those first round exits.

I don't understand what you mean with Wudrick. All I am saying is I see what he is capable of some nights and other nights he dogs it and takes some stupid penalties that really cost the team.

After all, he is our highest draft pick in franchise history, and he has the tools needed to be a star, but for whatever reason that hasn't happened. I just wonder why that is.

Why?

Link Dog
04-06-2009, 10:03 PM
"Using Geordie Wudrick for your example? Good luck with that." what exactly do you mean by that?...He is a first round pick, second overall that has not developed a whole lot, if any while in Swift. This would, in my opinion, have to at least have something to do with coaching.

13 goals as a 16, 20 goals as a 17, 35 goals as an 18......hasn't developed?

Since Dean has been here, we get the unenviable title of scoring the least amount of goals in WHL history, the first time in franchise history that we don't make the playoffs.

I don't think it would have mattered who the coach was in 04/05 after the mess the previous regime left this franchise in.

some people would have been upset no matter what happened at the end of the season, dean or no dean...as per what percent would have choosen either way in our fair city and area...who really knows...lets just hope they have a good season next year and stay healthy into the playoffs

Second that all the way.

Broncs in RD
04-07-2009, 12:05 AM
FDCFC good post I like the bit about the cardboard cut out.
Like me you must have missed the John Connoly concert in Swift Current that 80% of Bronco fans attended. I think they handed out some "ROSE COLORED GLASSES" Hey if people are happy with being a AVERAGE hockey club year after year, after year, after year, after year, then so be it, but it sure would be nice to a dominate club once again.