PDA

View Full Version : Tips pick 3 O/A already

Tipped Off
04-01-2009, 03:04 PM
Assuming no trades/defections....

from NP's blog at heraldnet.com

- Soetaert wasted little time clearing up next season's overage situation. Everett had five potential returning overage candidates for 2009-10 at the end of the season: forwards Shane Harper, Zack Dailey and Jesse Burt, and defensemen Mike Alexander and Shayne Brown. But Soetaert declared that as of now Harper, Dailey and Brown are the guys. Alexander will be invited to camp, but more with the idea of showcasing himself for other teams. Burt will not be invited to camp.

SectionNDeserter
04-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Seems rather premature, given that any or all of those guys could in theory just sign a minor pro contract somewhere, or decide to start their college education a year early.

Tipped Off
04-01-2009, 04:52 PM
while I agree it seems early because varioud things happen....I think it is a pretty safe bet these three will not sign to play elsewhere next season.

brown wa injured most the year and no one will sign him until he can prove he can stay healthy.

dailey is your typical overachiever who has almost no offensive game. his value is in his penalty kill and heart. quite honstly id hope the tips can replace him with a player brought in via trade or sign.

harper shows potential as a scorer and needs one more year to mold thos skills....he is a prototypical late bloomer.

I was never a fan of alexander but I loved burt. that being said this team needs to get a way from forwards who add no offense.