1. Morgan Reilly defencemenn
2. Derrick Pouliot defencemen
3. Griffen Reinhart defencemen
4. Seth Jones defencemen (American)
5. Quintin Shore defencemen (American)
6. Henrick Samuelson Forward (American)
7. Micheal Winther Forward
8. Matt Dumba Defencemen
9. Joshua Smith Defencemen (Red Deer kid)
10. Reid Gow defencemen

Other scouting sites may have different opinions
ISS Rankings
1. Morgan Reilly
2. Taylor Balog
3. Micheal Winther
4. Matt Dumba
5. Connor Rankin
6. Trent Geiger
7. Chandler Stephenson
8. Seth Jones
9.Tanner Eberle
10. Logan McVeigh
The ISS rankings maybe a little dated. Anyways if anyone has any info let us know how these kids look.

Red celtic
04-27-2009, 01:22 PM
Got this info off the Jeff Bromley's Ice Chips.
Here's a mock first round courtesy of Tyler Neisz of Prince Albert. This list was compiled before some of the major provincial tournaments. An updated list will be in the Saskatoon Star-Phoenix Thursday morning. The WHL Draft goes Thursday in Edmonton.

1. Portland Winter Hawks- D Morgan Reilly, Notre Dame

2. Moose Jaw Warriors- D Derrick Poulliot, Weyburn

3. Chilliwack Bruins- F Mike Winther, Airdrie

4. Red Deer Rebels- D Matt Dumba, Calgary Bronks

5. Regina Pats- D Griffin Reinhart, Hollyburn, Vancouver

6. Prince Albert- F Taylor Balog, Weyburn

7. Prince George-F Connor Rankin, North Shore Winter Club

8. Everett Silvertips- F Chandler Stephenson, Saskatoon

9. Edmonton Oil Kings- D Nicolas Walters, St. Albert

10. Kamloops Blazers-D Kade Pilton, Pursuit of Excellance BC

11. Everett Silvertips-D Dane Phaneuf, South Side Athletic Club, EDM

12. Seattle Thunderbirds- D Seth Jones, Texas

13. Kootenay Ice- F Trent Geiger, Calgary

14. Medicine Hat Tigers- F Tristan Sieben, Maple Leaf Ath Club, EDM

15. Swift Current Broncos-F Steve Hodges, South Delta, BC

16. Spokane Chiefs-D Shayne Gwinner, Airdrie, AB

17. Kelowna Rockets-D Josh Smith, Red Deer, AB

18. Brandon Wheat Kings-D Dylan Kuczek, MB

19. Tri City Americans-D Mattias Cleland, Colorado

20. Saskatoon Blades-F Brandon Magee, South Side Ath Club, EDM

21. Vancouver Giants-F Shea Howorko, Notre Dame

22. Calgary Hitmen-F Brandon Troock, CAC, EDM
Posted by Contact - jeffbromley_@hotmail.com at 8:48 AM 2 comments

3rebels
04-27-2009, 06:17 PM
Any thoughts on mayhaps the Rebels drafting #11 spot Dane Phaneuf !!
Dion's little brother might work out better than big brother did !!punk rock

Red celtic
04-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Personally I hope they draft a defencemen and the top four in this draft seem to be Morgan Reilly, Derrick Poulet, Griffen Reinhart and Matt Dumba in that order. If they were to draft Dane Phaneuf at the number four spot it would be leaving some serious talent on the table.

SectionNDeserter
04-27-2009, 08:58 PM
It is my hope that they draft a defenseman, and one that can run a powerplay. Not another Eric Frere, Paul Kurceba or Mike Scarborough. One that can one-time a pass without stopping it to shoot it... We have had some bad luck with brothers in the past, we could end up getting a McDonald that is a little more Brent than Kevin, or a Zukiwsky that is a little more Jon than Dion. I would just as soon take one of the higher ranked guys if possible.

Shinyshoes
04-28-2009, 10:26 AM
Andrew Walker (http://bigdrivesports.blogspot.com/2009/04/monday-tendersgeneralsbantam-draft.html) has the list similar for the Rebels

1) Morgan Reilly, a puck moving D out of Notre Dame who could eventually run the powerplay.

2) Dereck Pouliout, described as a tremendous skater with offensive instincts who thinks the game very well, out of Weyburn, SK.

Chances are, unless the Rebels decide to trade up, these two won't be on the board by the time Red Deer hits the board at number four. If they are...pencil the name in right now.

Assuming these two are off the board, the top players in the mix for Red Deer are probably:

1) Griffin Reinhardt - Another defenseman out of AA Midget in Vancouver. Already 6'3'', Reinhardt, the brother of Kootenay's Max, is more of a Jared Cowen type of shutdown guy. While the Rebels would love to add a little more offense from the blueline, this may be a case of "Best Dman available". That's not to say Chilliwack won't grab this kid 3rd overall either.

2) Mike Winther - Possibly the best forward available. Out of Trochu, and part of the powerhouse Bantam team in Aidrie, one that could produce more than a few WHL'ers. Red Deer, among other squads, has heavily scouted this team. had just one goal, but four points, at this past weekend's Alberta Cup.

3) Josh Smith - Out of Lacombe, another dman, and a local boy to boot, who by all accounts had a good Alberta Cup tourney with the Central Thrashers, scoring 8 points and racking up 14 PIM in five games.

4) Matt Dumba - A 5'11 dman out of Calgary who can play both ways.

Those are just a few of the names out there. but probably the main ones to remember when it comes to Red Deer at 4th overall.

Red celtic
04-29-2009, 02:30 PM
Found this in the Lethbridge paper.

Bantam pool a deep one Print E-mail
Written by Dale Woodard
Tuesday, 28 April 2009
No easy choices.
While there’s no doubt a player or two will be front and centre as the Western Hockey League Bantam Draft takes place Thursday in Edmonton, there is plenty of talent from top to bottom in this year’s bantam crop.
That means general managers across the ‘Dub have their work cut out for them when deciding which bantam they’ll want to pluck from the pool.
“As always it’s very good,” said Hurricanes general manager Roy Stasiuk, whose team currently holds the 33rd pick.
“I think the game is getting better in the sense the bottom end is really catching up to the top end. You don’t have those five or six players really differentiating themselves very much anymore. It’s an expensive sport, so parents are putting a lot of time into individual instruction and you’re seeing the benefits in terms of all players getting very good.”
Despite dealing their first round draft pick to the Everett Silver Tips as part of a trade for forward Kyle Beach, the Hurricanes currently hold several of their early round picks in the 11th position of the second, third and fourth rounds.
The WHL bantam draft lottery was held last month in Calgary to determine the order of the first six selections in the first round of this year’s draft.
The Portland Winter Hawks’ ball was drawn in the lottery, giving them the first pick overall this year.
The Moose Jaw Warriors will receive the second pick overall, while the Chilliwack Bruins will take the third pick.
The Red Deer Rebels, Regina Pats and Prince Albert Raiders round out the fourth, fifth and sixth selection spots, respectively.
With the deep talent pool, overall development in the coming years is the key, said Stasiuk.
“It’s not just about getting the best players. It’s about being a consistent, progressive organization gearing to what you’re about and what you stand for and making sure you have good people at the helm.
“It’s really a three-point factor. I’ve worked with organizations that have been very successful. If you look at it, if it was just about getting the best players, why are the teams that are successful and picking later in the draft continuing to excel year in and year out?”
The Hurricanes approach to the bantam draft is a simple one.
“What we always try to do is build off a depth chart,” said Stasiuk. ”Ultimately you would like to get five forwards, three defenceman and a goaltender and build from that.
“There’s tweaking over the course of the next couple of years. Of course, these players aren’t going to be ready for two or three years to step in and contribute to the program. You want to make sure you’re getting good citizens, good hard workers and if they happen to be good hockey players that’s a bonus. It’s a pretty simple formula. Everybody tries to emulate it and some teams are better than others at it.”

charlie
04-29-2009, 05:04 PM
hi guys

just dropped in to read the latest rebels news and i see the draft is tomorrow. i have had the pleasure of seeing some of these players at some tournaments this year.

looks like you are hoping to draft a d-man...too bad you don't have the number one pick this year as morgan reilly is the whole package ...he really will be a player for years to come. as he will be gone i really hope the rebels have a shot at mike winther...i know he is a forward but for my money he is the best player in this draft...big, strong, a bull of a player with good hands and can skate like the wind...a mike richards type of player.

i don't see him listed in the top 20 but a centre that played with pursuit of excellence in kelowna is evan richardson...he is small but wonderfully talented...skate, pass, puckhandle and shoot. he will put up a ton of points in the league. he really reminds me of brent ascroft who played with tri-cities through the mid 90;s and he was a great junior.

i don't think that kade pilton is top 10 material as he played with a fellow named matt allen that may be better all round skill wise and helped pilton a lot. pilton is big but i think he may be a little slow footed...next year will be important for him to develop his foot speed. phaneuf can play and prolly belongs in the top ten but i hope he goes to an american team that won't have the media in his face all season.

a couple of other guys i like but don't see listed in the top 20. arthur gordon from SSAC is a play making forward and jayden hart who played in spruce grove.

cheers