PDA

View Full Version : Game 1-Canes 1 at Hitmen 7

Hitmen1
04-03-2009, 09:16 AM
The 2nd round finally gets underway tonight at the Dome. The Hitmen are well rested and the Canes are on a high after knocking out the 2nd place Blades. I expect the Hitmen to come out alittle flat tonight, based on the time between games. The key for the Hitmen is to shutdown Zach Boychuk's line. Yes the Canes have some decent weapons after that line but Boychuk's line clearly carry the offence for the Canes. It should be a very good series but I fully expect the Hitmen to win in 5 maybe 6 games. I love the fact that this is the 3rd time in 4 years that these 2 Alberta rivals are meeting in the playoffs, there is no better way to build on rivalries then meeting in the playoffs. The game is online only tonight because of the Flames coverage.

GO HITMEN GO!

rebel
04-03-2009, 09:24 AM
going to the game on sunday cant wait to watch beach and the hurricanes get pounded

jkanes
04-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Just a Question: Where can you watch it on the internet? just want to see the game.

Hitmen1
04-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Just a Question: Where can you watch it on the internet? just want to see the game.

whltv, 6 or 7 bucks for a game or you can get the whole series online for 20 bucks (I think).

Hitmen1
04-03-2009, 09:21 PM
A great start to the series! More details coming!

armypower
04-03-2009, 09:55 PM
No one is gonna touch the Hitmen,at least in the East anyway,
these guys all come back and play defense,the defense lets Jones see all
the shots, the Dmen clear the front of the net and they have 3 lines that
can score at will....I understand the canes may have been a bit tired tonight,
but they may win 1 game in this series that's it....

DunnerStunner
04-03-2009, 10:03 PM
HITMEN1 YOU MISSED A HELLUVA GAME BRO!, I thought it was total domination from the outset of the game. Hitmen out hit and out worked the Canes in each period tonight. As the game wore on and the score increased, I found quite a few Canes players taking liberties on some of the Hitmen players. Way to go boys and keep your cool.

5 down, 11 to go

sbtatter
04-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Was Sonne playing tonight?

dagley
04-03-2009, 11:17 PM
No one is gonna touch the Hitmen,at least in the East anyway,
these guys all come back and play defense,the defense lets Jones see all
the shots, the Dmen clear the front of the net and they have 3 lines that
can score at will....I understand the canes may have been a bit tired tonight,
but they may win 1 game in this series that's it....

Nobody in the East? You know better then to count Brandon out.

We'll see about that. Don't worry Canes fans, a few years ago we lost 8-1 against Calgary, with the likes of Getzlaf and Ladd and we're down 3-1 in the series and came back to win.

Allin44
04-04-2009, 01:46 AM
Nobody in the East? You know better then to count Brandon out.

We'll see about that. Don't worry Canes fans, a few years ago we lost 8-1 against Calgary, with the likes of Getzlaf and Ladd and we're down 3-1 in the series and came back to win.

To quote facebook

"Allin44 Likes this"

wheat_city
04-04-2009, 02:59 AM
To quote facebook

"Allin44 Likes this"

haaa second that

Hitmen1
04-04-2009, 07:16 AM
Was Sonne playing tonight?

No still out with an upper body injury. Everyone thought he would play but maybe the injury more serious than what everyone thought.

Pete76
04-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Boat Race

Rockets1231
04-04-2009, 12:08 PM
No one is gonna touch the Hitmen,at least in the East anyway

I won't agree or disagree with that statement, but I do know this: There's 4 really good teams out west that can all beat Calgary. All of them, with the exception being Vancouver, have beat the Hitmen this year. Kelowna did it on the road no less, Spokane needed a shootout, but did get it done, and Tri-City did it easily 4-1. Vancouver got hammered both times, but I wouldn't expect that in the playoffs. Honestly though if Calgary makes it to the finals this year, which they probably will, I hope they do it with ease. Then maybe, just maybe, they'll be overconfident in the finals, not to mention rusty if they sweep or get by in 5 in the east final, cause I'm quite sure no matter who faces off in the west final it's going 6 or 7.

DunnerStunner
04-04-2009, 01:02 PM
i too agree that the dub final will go 6 or 7

armypower
04-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Hopefully we'll have a better game down at the dome today....The Canes
should come out a bit fresher today....As much as I want the Hitmen to win,
I'm not into the blowout games,would much rather see a close game,maybe
a bit of OT.........