PDA

View Full Version : Tips "dismiss" coach

Tipped Off
04-03-2009, 02:14 PM
from silvertips.com
04/03/2009
Silvertips, John Becanic Part Ways
Everett Silvertips Press Release

Everett, WA - Vice President / General Manager Doug Soetaert announced Friday that John Becanic has been dismissed from his position as Head Coach of the Everett Silvertips.

Becanic spent six years with the Silvertips, including four years as Associate Head Coach, prior to his promotion on May 31st, 2007. In his two seasons as Head Coach, he compiled a record of 66-66-7-5.

"I would like to thank John for his commitment and the contributions he has made over the last six years," Soetaert added. "Everyone within the organization wishes him the absolute best in the future."

Everett's 2008-09 season has concluded, though ticket packages for the 2009-10 season are currently on sale. For ticket information, including season seats and mini-plans, please call the Silvertips' front office at (425) 252-5100. As always, radio coverage of Silvertips hockey will be provided by North Sound 1380 KRKO, while highlights of audio broadcast, video packages and relevant multimedia will be provided by the Western Hockey League's website, www.whl.ca.

PLAYER
04-03-2009, 03:41 PM
THANK GOODNESS!!!! Now maybe we can see some hockey!!!!

Pete76
04-04-2009, 09:28 AM
having not followed the tips' ... was he a poor coach?

Tipped Off
04-07-2009, 10:52 AM
I don't think I woul dlabel him as "poor' so much as "overmatched."

He had been an assistant in the WHL, but had no head coaching experience anywhere. He's also a "nice guy" coach.

He may be a good coach some day, but he needs to get some experience at a lower level and work his way back up.