PDA

View Full Version : Round 2 against Kelowna

HAF
04-05-2009, 12:40 AM
What a series this has been so far!! These are about as evenly matched as two teams can get. If we can steal one of the games this week in Kelowna I really like our chances!

RockinAmsFan
04-05-2009, 02:22 AM
No kidding! So many momentum shifts its crazy. Im so proud of these guys! Who would of thought being down 2-0 going into the 3rd and we still make it out with a win. Lets just hope we can do the same in Kalowna. You gotta give Kalowna credit though, their really making the AMS work their butts off.

RW13
04-05-2009, 11:18 AM
I think Kelowna plays too conservative with the lead. at 1 and 2 nothing they just sat back and let the ams come to them, this plays to the ams strengths.

Spokane last year just forchecked the hell out of us and wore our d down as the series went on. Kelowna, so far, is being out coached. IMO

dondo
04-05-2009, 01:21 PM
^ Well it is Don Nachbaur (sp?)-- well done Ams -- nice getting three goals in the third last night, Kelowna must be sitting back indeed.

I think the Ams have a clear advantage having Pickard in net., I have never thought that Guggenberger was all that good, and most certainly not great -- but you guys watched the games is he holding his team in there?

Rockets are tough to beat in their own arena, but you guys have given yourselves a good cushion.

Happy to hear its such a tight series

RW13
04-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Guggenberger has made big saves, but he would probably want a few back.

Kelowna is finding out how fast the ams are, and can't take advantage of the 2-1's the ams tend to give up with their D pinching as much as they do.

Game 3 should be a good one, but Kelowna lost some swagger last night, some dissapointed players slamming sticks on the ice and heads down as they left the ice at the end of the game.

If Meyers was the best player on the ice for them in the first series, so far, Mitch Fadden is winning that award. easy. Took no faceoffs, and hardly shot the puck at all with his "undisclosed" injury he got at the end of game 1 yet still had two beauty assists last night.