PDA

View Full Version : Next years' home games?

Priceisright
04-05-2009, 09:15 AM
Is there any word on where the Giants will play their home games during the Olympic shutdown of the arena etc?

Thanks

dondo
04-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Looks like they are going to be in Langley at the Chiefs arena (for the month prior to and during the Olympics) -- not sure if the paralympics will be sharing the venue or not .. also not sure how its' going to work for the Giants STHs, because there are around 5,000 of them currently and only 4500-ish seats in the Langley arena.

Although its farther away the new Abbotsford arena seats over 7,000 so that may be a better option, if all of the STHs are ready to go out to Langley to watch the games.

I would think there would be two STH packages and that the Langley component might be a separate package entirely.

I also think that the team should organize a bus convoy leaving from the PNE to take STHs and other fans out to the Langley or Abbotsford arena.

GORGON
04-29-2009, 10:49 AM
They will be playing 6 games out of Langley.

There are two STP. 36 GAME PACK
30 GAME PACK

westey
05-01-2009, 08:50 PM
I hope the Giants do some sorta bus. Even if it costs $10 round trip, cheaper then driving and parking right? Plus the season ticket holders that are in Vancouver, Burnaby and the North Shore would get a bit of a break going out with the rush hour traffic too.

dondo
05-02-2009, 10:31 AM
They will be playing 6 games out of Langley.

There are two STP. 36 GAME PACK
30 GAME PACK

thanks gorgon

just 6? The Giants are in for a hell of a long road trip then-- because the Olympics will be there from the beginning of January - through the Olympics and possibly the paralympics.

Might just do the 30 pack this year then .. I'm usually out of town around Jan/Feb anyway

Big Giant Nut
05-03-2009, 07:31 PM
I hope the Giants do some sorta bus. Even if it costs $10 round trip, cheaper then driving and parking right? Plus the season ticket holders that are in Vancouver, Burnaby and the North Shore would get a bit of a break going out with the rush hour traffic too.

Also depends on the start time for the games. If it is 7:00, then a bus is an idea. If 7:30, driving is not too bad.

hockeyfansec2A
05-06-2009, 12:54 AM
Hey giants fans,

Im a former vancouver resident now in sask, dont forget the giants come out east this year, thats uually a 2 week trip in its own just to the eastern conference, and im sure the magority of there games when the 2010 games are on will be on the road and the otehr months have very few road games and mostly home games

dagley
05-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Hey giants fans,

Im a former vancouver resident now in sask, dont forget the giants come out east this year, thats uually a 2 week trip in its own just to the eastern conference, and im sure the magority of there games when the 2010 games are on will be on the road and the otehr months have very few road games and mostly home games

I love the BC year, not to fond of the US division coming out here. Vancouver/Kelowna...love those games.