PDA

View Full Version : Not Overly Worried about this series...

Teaps
04-21-2005, 02:00 AM
Kind of a funny feeling i get when I think of this next series...I really am not feeling any kind of worry in playing the Ice. I don't know why, but it just a gut feeling, not worried in the least bit. Should I be?

Mats
04-21-2005, 12:34 PM
If Rockets had a hard time with Van and Seattle- I doubt this next one will be a cake-walk.

tazndevil
04-21-2005, 01:04 PM
GO ROCKETS GO!!!!

Crush the Ice!

Here's to a good series.

Hopefully the refs can stay out of it and let you guys battle it out on the ice, instead of a battle of power plays.

Taz

Spungy
04-21-2005, 01:15 PM
It should be a great series!

after the first game we should have an idea how the series will really go... don't relax too much Teaps :D

Chipper
04-21-2005, 04:36 PM
I think it will be a long series with a lot of one goal games. If the Ice can get past there 10 day layoff and get a big win the first game get there Confidence and legs going,Then I think the Rockets will have there hands full. The Rockets will show there fatigue and be vulnerable . If the rockets win the first one it will give them a big adrenaline boost and could carry them through the round. In any case I think it will be a great but long series.

rinkrat
04-21-2005, 06:09 PM
Kind of a funny feeling i get when I think of this next series...I really am not feeling any kind of worry in playing the Ice. I don't know why, but it just a gut feeling, not worried in the least bit. Should I be?
Teaps,it looks like your memorial cup chances are gonna be a FLUSH...lol
Good luck to your Rockets.

2005 Hitlist
1. Vancouver Giants- Jack of Spades (HIT)
2. Seattle Thunderbirds- Queen of Spades (In Progress)
3. Kootenay Ice- King of Spades
4. Eastern Conference - Ace of Spades

Teaps
04-21-2005, 06:30 PM
Well we all know 4 of a kind wins over everything (except a Royal Flush), unfortunatly for the ice, I'm dealing the cards this round...And i've fixed the deck ;)

fightstrap50
04-21-2005, 07:06 PM
sure buddy! hahaha

LifelongChiefsFan
04-21-2005, 10:47 PM
If it were me I'd be just a tad worried. You guys handled Vancouver pretty well and then scraped by Seattle and now you get to face arguably the best team in the dub. I know both teams finished with over 100 points and any team that can do that is one to be reckoned with and can't be taken lightly. If I were rooting for the rockets, I'd be very nervous about this series. I would also be nervous if I were an Ice fan as well.

eecliff
04-21-2005, 11:33 PM
If it were me I'd be just a tad worried. You guys handled Vancouver pretty well and then scraped by Seattle and now you get to face arguably the best team in the dub. I know both teams finished with over 100 points and any team that can do that is one to be reckoned with and can't be taken lightly. If I were rooting for the rockets, I'd be very nervous about this series. I would also be nervous if I were an Ice fan as well.

It seems that your not nervous at all..
As in your Playoff Prediction you picked the Ice in 5 ...
Why would you not go 6-7 games ? If what you quoted above is so true ?

ee.....
We burnt the "Bridge" Now we'll shatter the "Glass"
Rockets in 6...then we head off to harvest some Wheat :clap:

LifelongChiefsFan
04-22-2005, 12:32 AM
It seems that your not nervous at all..
As in your Playoff Prediction you picked the Ice in 5 ...
Why would you not go 6-7 games ? If what you quoted above is so true ?

ee.....
We burnt the "Bridge" Now we'll shatter the "Glass"
Rockets in 6...then we head off to harvest some Wheat :clap:

You're right, personally I'm not worried at all about this series. I really don't care which team wins. But in response to Teaps' post I am just saying if Kelowna was my favorite team, I would be very nervous about having to play the team that tied mine for the best record (points wise) in the league. As a fan, and knowing this from experience, you're in for a huge letdown if you just expect your team to win and they don't.

As for my pick, that's just my guess. I never did get to see Kelowna this year, and only went to see Kootenay once (and that was back in September) so if I were an Ice or Rocket fan I wouldn't put much merit into my pick, for me it's just fun and who knows I could possibly be right and look like a genius. But in no way am I rooting against Kelowna and if they win, more power to them. They have the skill and the experience to win, I am only picking Kootenay based on numbers so far in the playoffs as that's really all I have. I guess the fact that Kootenay has home ice is a factor too. (And I don't like picking the favorite team to win in 6 because it seems whenever I do and they have a chance to wrap up the series, the home team always wins the game.) Anyway, I am not trying to troll in any way if that's how anyone is taking my posts, I'm just posting my personal opinion on topics. So with that, good luck to both teams and hopefully the series will be very entertaining. Just because I think a series will only go 5 games doesn't mean I want it to! :thumb:

Jovorock
04-22-2005, 06:16 AM
I'm not relaxed like Teaps, but I do like starting on the road. When ever any team has time off like the Ice have there will be some rust, thats a given. Rockets are healthy, had a couple days off so I think they will come out and take it to the Ice.

Rockets in six and will at worse split this weekend.

Chipper
04-22-2005, 08:55 AM
I think there is a posibility that the Ice come out a bit flat in game one because of a long layoff. If the Ice can hang inthere and pull out game one then I think the Rockets will have therehands full with a well rested and completly healthy Ice team. I think it is a 6 or7 game series though.

DoubleDee
04-22-2005, 12:42 PM
I really think the Ice have been chomping at the bit to get back into playoff hockey.

Kelowna NEEDS to split the games tonight and tomorrow if they want to win this thing! Now - I will take a win for both for Kelowna, but if they (heaven forbid :eek: ) lose both they will have too tough of a time recovering from those losses.

GO ROCKETS GO!! Blake, go out there and Comeautize them!