PDA

View Full Version : Where did Whlfans.ca go?

Priceisright
04-22-2009, 05:23 PM
wow what happened to whfans.ca site the past week? vc124 I an none of my friends could access the site.

Glad its back. :)

HAF
04-22-2009, 06:31 PM
We had a big crash. Honestly, I didn't think we were going to get anything back but the site's original creator Billy Blade finally cracked the code and got us going again. Sorry for the delay, I know it sucks.

Priceisright
04-22-2009, 06:58 PM
Hey no problems. I am glad its back. It does seem to run abit slow but its back-thanks.

Thank you and for everyone else who makes this site happen.

Billy Blade
04-22-2009, 07:28 PM
...still trying to resolve the slow response issue. Not sure if it's a problem within the database itself or something with the configuration on the new server (I switched hosting providers - our old one was "less than courteous"). There may be some code too that is pointing back to the old server that could be causing the slow response, will hopefully have it all sorted out very soon. Thank you everyone for your patience, it will all be worth it in the end!

Hitmen1
04-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Thanks for getting the site back up and running. I am curious if the site is still slow for anyone else or is it just me?

peatfan
04-22-2009, 10:04 PM
Slow for everyone. Will get better

Chipper
04-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Slow is better than no site at all. I was going stir crazy with out it especially in the playoffs.

CHtoo
04-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Site back up to speed. At least on my computer. :-)

Boltz9
04-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Yep its back up to speed. Thanks for getting it back up, I missed it especially with it being the playoffs. It's true, 'You dont know what you got, till its gone':laugh:

Scout
04-24-2009, 04:21 AM
The speed was slow at first but is faster now than ever. Thanks to HAF and Billy Blade for the time getting us going again. With the new updates and provider things should run smoother and the site will continue to grow. Thanks everyone for your patiance. Now if only my team was still playing.

Scout

scoreboard
04-24-2009, 09:22 AM
Was getting fed up with the previous system. So slow in trying to get in to the site, at times could not even get in. What a difference, 100 % better. Thanks to all who worked so hard in getting this site back up and running, well done.

yeehoo

dondo
04-25-2009, 12:05 PM
updated all my old recaps in less time than it might have taken to do two or three of them. Very fast for me right now and its great to see it all back up and running. Thanks for being so diligent Billy Blade and HAF for keeping the site on-line.

:bounce:yeehoo

Cheers!
Don

we're a stubborn lot aren't we :thumb:

patsdude114
04-26-2009, 05:28 PM
I thought maybe i got banned off the site or something i couldnt access the site for like 3 weeks