PDA

View Full Version : canes 77's inside info says rich sutter to be new canes head coach...........

shushu
04-22-2009, 07:29 PM
this should make for interesting times in lethbridge, he is definately a town favorite..the only ? is will there be the same fireworks between coach and gm and if he cannot get this team on track his chances of buying this team will be loooong gone.....if he does do well i wonder if down the road he will make a push to buy the team on his own good record................again if he get the job...................ps welcome back HAF................ :thumb:

loudi94
04-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Saw Rich and Mike at Timmy's last week. Transition meeting or could it be that the GM may be going and not the coach?

shushu
04-22-2009, 11:17 PM
at this point ...........what ever happens i'm hope'n its for the better...it time the canes fans have a product worth getting excited about.......ps if little roy is on his way out i wonder who is on his way in........and how badly we are going to hate this person 2 years from now...lol.....here's hope'n im wrong.....................GO CANES GO.............................. :thumb:

Gamer
04-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Well all I know is little man ROY NEEDS TO GO!! He is the cancer on the team!!! He is not a nice man!! HE MAY APPEAR TO BE NICE!! But ask anyone who REALLY knows him!! Bottom line he needs to go. :burningma :burningma

canes77
04-29-2009, 07:29 PM
Looks like Sutter wont be the new Head Coach now...the Board is interviewing a few candidates for the position and Sutter isnt on the short list! Why not?!

Can we trust the Board here?? Us regulars on here could do a much better job!

Bocephus
04-29-2009, 10:30 PM
Looks like Sutter wont be the new Head Coach now...the Board is interviewing a few candidates for the position and Sutter isnt on the short list! Why not?!

Why is the board interviewing them. Shouldn't the GM be doing that?

caniac # 2
04-30-2009, 10:13 AM

Not to argue or rain on your parade 77, but who is your source or is this a rumor, I doubt any of this privy info would be up for discussion as it is confidential information. I as well know a few of the older and longest standing board members and have never heard a peep about this or any privy info. Again i am not arguing and agree with ceps that the gm should be doing the interviews not the board.

Time will tell i guess.

canes77
04-30-2009, 03:25 PM
No that's fine caniac...these are just things I hear from a board member who I know through work and I choose to share with you on this site, (although I wish I was in the Boardroom myself to hear everything) I know they're supposed to keep things confidential so I doubt I get the whole truth, but I enjoy hearing these types of details even though they may be just considerations or rumours.
I did mis-type that the Board is doing the interviewing...I was told "they" are interviewing so you're both right in that it's probably the Management folks rather than the Board.
I'm just curious and nosy I guess vci34

As for the Draft that's happening today...hopefully it's deep as this is a key draft for our 2013 Memorial Cup bid and the Canes didnt have their first pick until the middle of the 2nd round.
Maybe Roy will surprise us in the Import Draft coming up!

canes77
04-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Gamer, Ive met Roy twice and I cant disagree with you at all! Ive even heard the exact same thing from veteran players, nice guy at first but not so nice afterwards...the Board however loves Roy and he prob isnt going anywhere soon.

shushu
04-30-2009, 08:55 PM
[QUOTE=canes77;

As for the Draft that's happening today...hopefully it's deep as this is a key draft for our 2013 Memorial Cup bid and the Canes didnt have their first pick until the middle of the 2nd round.
Maybe Roy will surprise us in the Import Draft coming up![/QUOTE]

i remember roy saying it was not a very deep draft this year, that was one of the reasons he parted with the 1st round pick.......if that makes any sence...

shushu
04-30-2009, 09:24 PM
Why is the board interviewing them. Shouldn't the GM be doing that?

to be honest here i trust the board about as much as i trust little roy on making this decision.....maybe more, the fact is roy is a amazing assistant gm and a half @ss gm....that does not mean he should be the one to pick the bench boss...he is good at spotting talent in players thats where that ends...

grainbear
05-04-2009, 08:33 PM
Rumor and humor very similar. I am enjoying the comments and I think there will most likely be changes. To me the key concept is finances and since Dyck has been given permission to search elsewhere, and the key concept here is he has stated that he wants to be here but is looking for more cash. Not sure that there is that much room in the budget to met his financial goals that may be the issue ,the key question is will he take the hometown discount ? The FACT is this team has made significant financial commitments for the rink improvements and since we did not draw all that great during the playoffs do we have the room for a significant raise for him ? If we are going to give the big bucks do we look at this coach whose players did not live up to expectation as his fault? All I can say is the skill level was better this year but the performance was less. We need a full time goaltender coach and we also have to improve our breakouts and learn how to beat traps and Mike didn't get the job done.

Caner
05-05-2009, 10:41 AM
The issue isn't finances, its about a coach and gm relationship that doesn't work. And the coach doesn't want to continue with this disfunctional relationship. It's not good for anyone. rodeo should just ad coaching to his duties because he will have a tough time finding someone that will take his garbage.

loudi94
05-05-2009, 09:05 PM
The issue isn't finances, its about a coach and gm relationship that doesn't work. And the coach doesn't want to continue with this disfunctional relationship. It's not good for anyone. rodeo should just ad coaching to his duties because he will have a tough time finding someone that will take his garbage.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon. My gut tells me the wrong person is going to still be around when it is. It's an ugly situation that definitely impacted the team in a negative way this year.