PDA

View Full Version : Great Season Boys

dagley
04-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Well, what's done is done. The season is over.

First off, best wishes to Chad Erb, Matt Lowry and Andrew Clark. Everyone in Brandon wishes you luck in your future, and hope you all find a place playing pro hockey.

This season was a success in my books, the entire point of this season was not to win a WHL championship, rather gain experience to our young, inexperienced players in hopes of capturing the WHL title next season, and ultimately the holy grail of junior hockey, the Memorial Cup.

Next season will be spectacular, although I believe we need to improve our area's of weakness, including goal tending and defense and even adding a high scoring forward (Eberle come to mind?), I feel with the return of Schenn/Glennie/Calvert, who I believe will all be back next season and the veteran leadership of Aulie (He will be back!) and a few tweaks here and there, we will have one of the best teams in the Canadian Hockey League.

Until then, I wish my hometown Hitmen the best of luck. CANT WAIT TILL NEXT SEASON GUYS!

Hitmen1
04-22-2009, 09:17 PM
Congrats on a great season. Next year your team will be a force. I think the Wheaties will have to upgrade in goal to have a legit chance at the Mem. Cup.

Vik
04-22-2009, 10:54 PM
If there's one positive to take from losing today it's that I get to shave again.

Rockets1231
04-22-2009, 10:58 PM
The Wheaties had a great season, definitely something to be proud of!

wheaties89
04-23-2009, 12:04 PM
where did jordan hale come from. did he actually look like he half decently belonged on the wheaties during this playoff run. i tihnk he'll be a major player with the wheaties. playing on their third line and possible being there top fighter

sc87
04-23-2009, 12:46 PM
GET IT THRU UR HEAD AULIE WONT BE BACK.Eberle will not be traded.he could even play in Edmonton next year and if he doesnt the pats will be better next year and will keep him.What was that comment on TSN u made about schenn being a better player than Tavaras? u do need help

sbtatter
04-23-2009, 01:41 PM
What was that comment on TSN u made about schenn being a better player than Tavaras? u do need help
Schenn could end up being better than tavares....who, when and where was this talked about on TSN though?

sc87
04-23-2009, 02:02 PM
Dagly wrote it on a comment page.Schenn is a good player but wont be better than JT

sbtatter
04-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Dagly wrote it on a comment page.Schenn is a good player but wont be better than JT
Debatable, we'll know the answer in about 6 years!!

Vik
04-23-2009, 03:42 PM
I'd expect Schenner to be the better all-around player. He won't be able to match JT's ability to put the puck in the net but he could turn into a coach's dream.

dagley
04-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Bahahaha! I never said on TSN that Schenn was better then JT, I simply said Schenn should be taken ahead of JT, I was obviously joking...sorry your not able to catch comedy sarcasm!

brandonboy
04-25-2009, 11:52 PM
I'd expect Schenner to be the better all-around player. He won't be able to match JT's ability to put the puck in the net but he could turn into a coach's dream.

Like Richards in Philly or Getzlaf on the Ducks!

And I dont want to turn this into a who is better thing but i've really liked JT since he started getting all the attention he did and kept up with him a bit, and have no doubt he will put up alot of points. But he is a a wreak waiting to happen he keeps his head down way to often and im scared when he goes to the NHL someone is gonna really put him down. And yes JT should go no.1 in the draft but the only thing that bothers me is how the ISS still has Kane above Schenn IMHO I dont think Kane holds a candle to Schenn.....But thats just my opinion...

The Wheatiemaniac
04-26-2009, 08:09 PM
GET IT THRU UR HEAD AULIE WONT BE BACK.Eberle will not be traded.he could even play in Edmonton next year and if he doesnt the pats will be better next year and will keep him.What was that comment on TSN u made about schenn being a better player than Tavaras? u do need help

Never say never, although the price we'd have to pay for him would be steep to an extreme. But in the past, as much as Regina and Brandon hate each other, they have made a few shocking trades with one another. The Josh Harding deal was probably the biggest. But face facts, we're not just gonna trade for every offensive player in the league. We need grinders for penalty kill, we need a money goalie, we need at least 2 shut down physical defencemen and another puckmoving rearguard.
I'm sure we'll get what we need. Heck, speculation will run wild all summer til the deals start rolling. And things will land where they land.

dagley
04-26-2009, 09:03 PM
What about Ferraro in Red Deer, he is still pretty young. The possibility there?

Allin44
04-26-2009, 09:21 PM
What about Ferraro in Red Deer, he is still pretty young. The possibility there?

Thats the problem, hes still got 3 years of eligibility left, he'll probably play as an 18 and 19 year old..

Brandon will be trading their younger players and picks for 19 year olds at the deadline to teams that are out of contention/rebuilding