PDA

View Full Version : WHL Merchandise Selling Locations?

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-24-2009, 10:50 AM
Ok so I know that every WHL team sells their team gear in their team store,but this has made me think a little harder. So I ask this question: Does your WHL team sell their team gear in other places besides the team store? I have looked around here in Saskatoon and very few stores (mostly ones that sponsor the Blades) sell some,and a very limited variety of gear. I guess it being the off-season does not help either.

My hope was and still is that they would sell a wide variety of gear at a more neutral location: Say at a one of the sports stores downtown. I guess a team has to win a Championship and become the talk of the town before anything like this will happen.

I know the WHL is sort of up to par with the NHL but probably is not the same in the merchandise selling department. I guess I may have to wait until next season to buy my Saskatoon Blades 08/09 Eastern Division Champions t-shirt.

wango tango
04-24-2009, 11:24 AM
i know jersey city in the midtown mall downtown saskatoon has some blades gear.

i agree it would be great for the whl to have a chain carrying their gear across the west. what about the forzani group? sport chek, sport mart, etc.

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-24-2009, 12:01 PM
i know jersey city in the midtown mall downtown saskatoon has some blades gear.

i agree it would be great for the whl to have a chain carrying their gear across the west. what about the forzani group? sport chek, sport mart, etc.

Yeah I checked Jersey City and all they have are Jerseys,those Blades Replica Helmet things, Licence Plates and maybe Mini Sticks & I worked at Sport-Mart for a month or so,and I know they do not have any same with Sport Check(as they are both part of the Forzani Group.) I also went to Olympian Sports and even though they have a sticking on the front door saying they support the Blades I went inside and asked "Do you have any Blades Merchandise"? The answer was IIRC "we had some jerseys but we sold them,so I walked out of the store in disappointment, I went to the Lawson Heights Zellers and surprisingly they had Blades track jackets and track pants,but that is all I saw. I think around Christmas time every year the Blades set up a kiosk in the Lawson Heights Mall where fans can buy gear for Christmas gifts which is good but my question is why can't they do this in the off-season? I can probably answer my own question. They probably do not do this because there is not enough demand for the gear,and they probably would not sell enough to make it a good idea to create a store that sells wide variety of Blades gear like the team store closer to where people shop everyday.

So my next question is: Is there any other WHL teams in the league that are popular enough to have a secondary place to sell their team gear(In Malls sports stores ect?

dagley
04-24-2009, 02:23 PM
WHL.ca should have a shop for every team, allow you to purchase customized jerseys, etc.

tigsfan0809
04-25-2009, 10:24 AM
Here in the Hat, the only places to get Tigers stuff is The Arena, The Bay, Zellers, and Jersey City. For those interested, there is a website, set up by both the WHL and River City Sports. It's www.chlshop.ca, and it has merchandise from all 3 CHL leagues. It's worth checking out.

dagley
04-25-2009, 11:12 AM
Here in the Hat, the only places to get Tigers stuff is The Arena, The Bay, Zellers, and Jersey City. For those interested, there is a website, set up by both the WHL and River City Sports. It's www.chlshop.ca, and it has merchandise from all 3 CHL leagues. It's worth checking out.

Yeah, unfortunately you can't customize jerseys :(

and for some reason you cant get BWK stuff

HAF
04-25-2009, 11:30 AM
Here in the Tri Cities the only place to get Ams swag is the arena. The funny thing is, at one of the sports shops in the mall they have some Seattle Thunderbird jersies but not a single piece of Ams swag.

Tidball
04-25-2009, 05:20 PM
I know the WHL is sort of up to par with the NHL but probably is not the same in the merchandise selling department.

LMAO, in what way in the WHL up to par with the NHL. It sure as hell is not in the playing department.

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-25-2009, 11:41 PM
Thanks for the ON TOPIC RESPONSES guys. I know that the WHL does not make customized jerseys but you can always buy a blank jersey and go to a place that does put on the letters and number that you want,not sure if that helps but it is the best I can think of for that situation. Ok and I kind of take back what I said about comparing the NHL to the WHL or CHL but the leagues are similar but probably not with the topic we are discussing. I am guessing that the places in other WHL cities mentioned by others,they only sell odds and ends of the team merchandise,or course I think a sports store would sell more stuff then say a Zellers or place like that.

I guess the WHL is not a popular enough league YET to expand selling a wide variety of merchandise in malls and shops. Or It probably depends on the size of the teams fan base,size of the city,and how well the team is doing. I hope next year that each team gets creative and sells new merchandise.

tigsfan0809
04-26-2009, 11:39 AM
Yeah, unfortunately you can't customize jerseys :(

and for some reason you cant get BWK stuff

Ya, www.chlshop.ca also doesn't have any Tigers or Rebels merchandise either. Does anyone know why that is?

the flying moose
04-26-2009, 11:52 AM
In PG we can get Cougars jerseys and shirts and other apparel at Canadian Tire and Jersey City.

Allin44
04-26-2009, 12:15 PM
Brandonites can get gear at Sport Chek, Source for Sports and of course the Souvenier shop and WK office at Westman Place

Tidball
04-26-2009, 03:18 PM
the Blades have stuff scattered all over the city. Olympias sports, Walmart, Zellers, and a couple more stores that i forget the name of.

dagley
04-26-2009, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the ON TOPIC RESPONSES guys. I know that the WHL does not make customized jerseys but you can always buy a blank jersey and go to a place that does put on the letters and number that you want,not sure if that helps but it is the best I can think of for that situation. Ok and I kind of take back what I said about comparing the NHL to the WHL or CHL but the leagues are similar but probably not with the topic we are discussing. I am guessing that the places in other WHL cities mentioned by others,they only sell odds and ends of the team merchandise,or course I think a sports store would sell more stuff then say a Zellers or place like that.

I guess the WHL is not a popular enough league YET to expand selling a wide variety of merchandise in malls and shops. Or It probably depends on the size of the teams fan base,size of the city,and how well the team is doing. I hope next year that each team gets creative and sells new merchandise.

If you contact your teams office, you can get it customized, it just costs quite a bit.

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-26-2009, 09:09 PM
If you contact your teams office, you can get it customized, it just costs quite a bit.

Yeah that was basically the same thing as what I was trying to say.

hmm and places in Saskatoon where you can buy Blades gear? Obviously the Blades store is the most convenient during the hockey season but during the off-season there are very few places that carry Jerseys,track jackets and track pants,not too much and once they are sold out of the item they rarely order more unless there is high demand for it. The one thing that confuses me the most is that I can not find the 08/09 Eastern Division Champions T-shirt that they sold in the Blades store for the 1st round of the playoffs,and now I can not find it in one store around the city. One thing I wish every WHL team would do is create like a mini store for their WHL team in a mall or sports store like and it would be open all year round. That idea would probably never work but it would be ideal to buy WHL stuff in the off-season.