PDA

View Full Version : Apr 23 2009 Giants 0 Rockets 3 - Rd 3 Game 4

dondo
04-25-2009, 11:51 AM
It seems the boys guardian angel was out on a smoke break for this one. Really boring game, okay first, simply pathetic second and third. I sometimes wonder if this team wants to win or not. How does a skilled team like the Giants manage 4 shots on net in the second and 2 in third? Rockets are not that dominating, they have some good positioning, but getting that few of shots on net smacks of a LACK OF EFFORT. From what I saw the boys just didn't show up, at all.

They weren't being hassled or forced, they just didn't pay any price whatsoever. They were even snubbing bargain basement opportunities that came their way, I guess looking for that perfect goal - or something. Guggie was okay in the first but didn't even have to be in the net for the final 40 minutes. I simply do not understand how this team can take those games off and still win.... we didn't win this one obviously, but there are ones we've won where maybe we shouldn't have.

Okay so now we're up to date -- game 5 tonight at the Coliseum - which team will show up? Your guess is as good as mine.
__________________________________________________ ___________

W. T. F. -- WAS THAT???? vc124

Well Guggie did not have to be that good, but he got the goose-egg, so he did something right.

The Giants on the other stand did everything wrong. Not one of their players showed up tonight. They got a franchise low 14 shots on goal and didn't even look like they wanted score let alone go for the win. Not entertaining hockey in the least (after three really entertaining games). They out and out sucked and should really be shamed of their emotion, their effort, their hunger (or lack there-of) and simply not showing up for a game in which they had the advantage and the momentum. Now they have to go home for a must win and then try to take another one in Kelowna. I ma very angry right now -- there's no excuse of that kind of performance -- none whatsoever. The boys need to be ashamed in every way, suck it up and come out Saturday with guns blazing and a killer's glint in their eyes.

Rd 3 Gm 4

Rockets Blast Giants
Vancouver 0 Kelowna 3

Don Robinson

I’d like to say that the Giants showed up in this one, but they simply did not, not any of them. Not their goalie, not their defense, not their forwards. The Giants had a respectable 8 shots on goal in the first, a simply pathetic 4 in the second and even worse 2 in the third period to limp home with a tie in the series. They were gawd-awful at every end of the ice and there’s very little positive to say about tonight’s fiasco. They allowed themselves to be outplayed and out-worked at all ends of the ice and had no impetus to even go for a goal, let alone a win. They all need to hang their heads in shame as that performance was not even worthy of a scrimmage at camp let alone a round 3, game 4 effort that already had them up 2-1 in the series. The Rockets did not have to be great, they didn’t even have to be good, although I suppose their D was very good considering the Giants only managed a paltry and season low, and I’m pretty sure a franchise low 14 shots on net. From what I saw they weren’t being hampered, they just didn’t want it enough and it killed them. They killed themselves, gifted a game with a Giant red bow with sparkly sprinkles to an opponent they can certainly beat and handily if the effort is there. They didn’t draw penalties, they didn’t create traffic, they barely shot the puck and they pretty much sucked to man, They need to be slapped heartily until they wake-up, because tonight was a nightmare of mammoth proportions.

The Rockets opened the scoring in the second, after a phenomenally boring opening period. Ian Duval scored unassisted cutting across the net and slipping the puck five-hole. Just over a minute later the Rockets capitalised on a turn-over which lead to decent, but not a great chance for the Rockets. Lucas Bloodoff rippled the twine, slipping the puck five-hole again on Sexy from the slot. Tyson Sexsmith saw the shot and really needed to make that save. He was fairly average tonight and needed to be better as his team as a whole were struggling. The Rockets put the nail in the coffin late in the third, when Benn slipped yet another puck through Sexsmith. Once again the Rockets badly outshot the Giants 35-14, but this time Sexsmith wasn’t there to make those really big stops at the right time. Not much to say except the Giants did not show up in any way, not physically, not offensively, not really defensively either.

The Giants went 0 for 3 on the PP, in an emotionless and soft game. The Rockets went 0 for 4. The home squad out-shot the visitors by a ridiculous margin of 35-14 and the visitors simply did not show up for the game. It was a total write-off for the visitors and an unacceptable showing in a Game 4 of the 3rd round. Game 5 is back at the Coliseum on Saturday as the Giants completely missed the opportunity to go up by 2 games in this series and finish it at home, but instead decided to play freaking patty-cake for the whole game and lost a demoralizing game to a lesser team. The Giants have proven they can beat this team and the Rockets goaltending is a weakness that really needs to be taken advantage of. The puck drops on Saturday at 7pm PDT at the Pacific Coliseum and hopefully the real Giants will actually show-up ready to play.

Three Stars

1) Jamie Benn
2) Tyler Myers
3) Mark Guggenberger