PDA

View Full Version : Zabotel dissappearing act?

Priceisright
04-25-2009, 10:37 PM
I have seen most of the home games in the playoffs and Zabotel has pulled a disappearing act for the most part. He is the overager and should show more leadership and production.

I listened to the game tonight and there was a play late in the third period where the announcers said Zabotel was "lolly gagging" lol.

Giants are having a hard time finding offence. :(

Rockets1231
04-25-2009, 10:57 PM
Zabotel has not been great this series so far, but give credit to the Rockets's defence for shutting him down. I wouldn't worry though, I'm sure he'll pick it up and then explode with a big game on Monday, which is a very scary thought for us Rocket fans.

Priceisright
04-25-2009, 11:02 PM
LOL not saying anything about Kelowna having horrible defense? I am pointing out that Zabotel has been a disappointment in the playoffs. He has been brutal. I think the Giants have run out of steam. They have played tonnes of hockey the last month of the year and then thru the playoffs. I hope they prove me wrong.

Rockets1231
04-25-2009, 11:05 PM
Oh no, I wasn't saying you were. I'm just saying that I don't think it's so much Casey playing bad, as it is Kelowna shutting him down. Casey is a great player, and I think he'll find a way to overcome this bit of a slump.

1978giantsfan
04-25-2009, 11:36 PM
CPZ has been floating since the giants when up to PG for game three and four. For a guy who is 20 i have not seen any leadership on the ice for the last 12 games. Sad to say but true.

dondo
04-26-2009, 12:46 AM
he's playing like he's exhausted out there, tonight was a bit better, but as the game wore on he slowed down more and more. Part of me has accepted (and not very happily) that fact that he's not a big game performer, but why hasn't Hay realized this as well?

Casey is still out there in all clutch situations. Gimme a guy like Piluso who is gutting it out every shift. Sure Casey's talented, but when he's sloping around the ice then I would rather have a gutsier player plying clutch minutes.

Swando
04-26-2009, 01:49 AM
Casey..was a leader but his shift time is down to 15-20 seconds and then he is done. It's rather embarrassing watching him glide past checks and float to center ice. I think he is sound defensively in his own end but he is NO threat in the offensive end and has been that was since almost Christmas!! Which coincides with his marriage I might add. As Dondo says I dont think he is a big game player. I am sorry to admit that Don Hay can not even fix him!

Kelowna has had the better defense this series and that was supposed to be the Giants strenght to go along with the goaltending to make this an even series. Although it is 3-2 it has NOT been an even series. I think the Rockets have dominated

Priceisright
04-26-2009, 04:53 AM
Yep. Agreed. Kelowna has definitely been the better team. I mentioned nearing the end of the season that Kelowna was the team to beat. They added 2-4 players at the deadline and are definitely built for a long play off run.

I think the Giants are spent. A good season none the less. And I guess we will see if they have any more game left.

Arthur Fonzerelli
04-26-2009, 10:28 AM
CPZ is showing a lot of disinterest and Garry Nunn hasn't been much better since Hay suspended him.