PDA

View Full Version : blades 1st round selection

wango tango
04-28-2009, 12:41 PM
saskatoon has a good group of young d on the way up: siemens, thrower, and laurent.

i hope they take a forward with their first pick.

the mock that's floating around has magee and howorko where the blades pick. both should be able to make the team in a couple of years.

if seth jones slides as far as saskatoon's pick will molleken take the chance and select him? big risk. big reward. i don't see it.

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-29-2009, 12:02 PM
saskatoon has a good group of young d on the way up: siemens, thrower, and laurent.

i hope they take a forward with their first pick.

the mock that's floating around has magee and howorko where the blades pick. both should be able to make the team in a couple of years.

if seth jones slides as far as saskatoon's pick will molleken take the chance and select him? big risk. big reward. i don't see it.

I hope the Blades pick a foward because I think the shelf is stocked with enough defencemen,I am curious to see what round the Blades pick a goaltender though,and thankfully I have the day off to watch all of the action unfold.

The Wheatiemaniac
04-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Anyone care to chime in on the chances of Holtby being sent back to Jr for his overage season? If so, I'm thinking you'll be getting a call from our team here. As you all know, this is kind of a big year for us. And I know for a fact that our mgmt has coveted Braden since his rookie year.....as most GM's prolly have.

He might be the ideal backstopper, if available, to carry us to the Promiseland.

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-29-2009, 06:38 PM
Anyone care to chime in on the chances of Holtby being sent back to Jr for his overage season? If so, I'm thinking you'll be getting a call from our team here. As you all know, this is kind of a big year for us. And I know for a fact that our mgmt has coveted Braden since his rookie year.....as most GM's prolly have.

He might be the ideal backstopper, if available, to carry us to the Promiseland.

Ok you probably did not look hard enough but there already was a thread talking about Holtby and his chances about playing in the WHL: http://www.whlfans.ca/showthread.php?t=20022

I think he is going to be playing in the AHL cause he put up good numbers in the WHL so they probably want to see what he can do in the AHL next season....

AND back to the original topic I think the Blades should draft a foward with the 20th pick in the 1st round.

Tidball
05-03-2009, 11:43 AM

No chance Braden gets returned. You know as well as anyone that he is too good to not be playing pro.