PDA

View Full Version : What kind of lineup changes should the Pats make?

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
05-04-2009, 09:56 PM
(sorry about the title if the editing didnt fix it)

Now, I think that everyone knows there is a difference between what we should do, and what we will do (at least as far as management goes), but as for the lineup, there is still some speculation to the changes we think that should take place. This is just my (realistic)look at waht the season might have.

Here is how I see our offence...

Graham Hood LW - Jordan Weal C - Garrett Mitchell RW
Tomas Hrcina LW - Mitch Czibere C - Jordan Eberle C
Jason Gardiner C - Kyle Mulder C - Dominic Favreau C
(rookies on the 4th line, assuming there are no standouts/drew george still goes college)

I dont see Leffler returning next year, nor do I expect him to, and I think we need to give Mitchell a bigger offensive role anyways, that role being a top 6 right winger, along with Eberle (who I think is likely to return).

Parker should also consider moving Matt Strueby for similar reasons, maybe swap him for a 19 or 20yr defenceman. Hood showed alot of promise, and could thrive on ice time. It would also be smart to try and see if he has chemistry with Weal. Hricina also showed some flashes last year and could do well with the right linemates. And I think Czibere can be a leader on this team, and has a good all around game worth rubbing off on teammates.

And the 'X' factor is Jason Gardiner. I dont know much about him but Ive heard he brings a more gritty style. He got injured long term last year, but was PPG in the AJHL. Whether that was just for being sent down, or a recovery stint, I dont know, but I am sure that we see an improvement over Prokop, who just didnt mesh here.

Off the top of my head I cant think of names for contenders for the rookie spots. Maybe later, I will look it up or something.

As for the D...

Colten Teubert - Alex Pym (should have a much better year)
(veteran D like) - (18yr EURO puck moving defenceman)
Justin Slobozian - Myles Bell
Dominic Perreault / rookie that can do what he does

First off, Scarborough will probably be sent down to junior A or something, since its not fair to him to sit on the bench. I also dont expect Deli to be back. Big defensive guys who can skate like he can usually end up going into the A instead of stay in junior as an OA, nevermind the fact that he put up some points this year too. I also expect us to pick up a D-man at the import draft, and thats obvious to anyone who looks above at what we got left over from last year up there, assuming that LA doesnt keep Teubert for some reason.

And regardless of what happens at rookie camp, the staff seems sold on Bell to make the team next year...though Borstmayer and Pavkovich probably get a good look. Koltyn Miller could also be in the mix too, and maybe this Davidson kid too.

And goaltending? Who knows. Someones going to have to move. You got 3 guys who we know are worthy of a spot for sure, and Guhle did really well in the Alberta midget league as well, so they makes 4(unless he wants to go college too). I dont see Tendler and Guhle getting the two spots obviously, but I also dont see one of them not getting the #2 spot. Rowat could very well be traded next year too, just due to his track record. In summary, either he or Ketlo will be traded this year to make room for the future.

In summary, I dont have the hopes for this season that I had for the last two year, but this team could be a playoff team if we learn to work for it instead of coasting on talent, and we also need better systems to work around. The latter, of course is something we cant rely on, but one can hope.