PDA

View Full Version : London Knights

CHtoo
04-22-2005, 09:44 AM
Can the London Knights set the record this year?
Going undefeated through the playoffs.

P.S. anyone know the record and who set it? :)

Scout
04-22-2005, 08:21 PM
The Bronco's did it in 88/89 i believe. They went 12-0 i think.

Scout

Duct Tape
04-22-2005, 08:47 PM
The 1987-88 Windsor Spitfires also went 12-0 in the OHL Playoffs, plus 3-0 in the Memorial Cup round robin before losing the final 7-6 to Medicine Hat.

No OHL Team has gone 16-0 since the league went to full 4 rounds with no byes in 1998-99 when the league reached 20 teams.

Later

DT

Chipper
04-23-2005, 12:37 AM
The 1987-88 Windsor Spitfires also went 12-0 in the OHL Playoffs, plus 3-0 in the Memorial Cup round robin before losing the final 7-6 to Medicine Hat.

No OHL Team has gone 16-0 since the league went to full 4 rounds with no byes in 1998-99 when the league reached 20 teams.

Later

DT
OUCH I BET THAT STUNG!!!!! :confused:

CHtoo
04-23-2005, 09:20 AM

Well that beats the 89 Broncos consecutive string. But thankfully the Broncos did win the final game. :clap:

So to beat the record the Knights have to go undefeated in the tourny as well.

Duct Tape
04-24-2005, 06:48 AM
The discussion is now a Moot Point thanks to Captain Canada Mike Richards and the rest of my Rangers.

What a great game last night, the Memorial Auditorum was completey maxed out on capacity, 6490 people and it was rocking.

Michael Richards scored yet another highlight reel Shorthanded breakaway goal.

Lots of pictures at the site for anyone interested.

The OHL Western Final should continue to be an interesting series.

Later

DT

Duct Tape
04-24-2005, 06:51 AM

The real hurt is the Spits players, one of whom, is now the Head Coach of the Kitchener Rangers, Peter DeBoer. Between that, and his time in Plymouth where the Whalers couldn't get the Memorial Cup win despite years of great teams, his 2003 Cup with Kitchener was like lifting a huge gorrillia off his back, and it showed for anyone who saw him at the afterparty, never seen him smile so wide to get his Memorial Cup!!!

Later

DT

CHtoo
04-27-2005, 10:24 PM
Finally lost a game so they won't go through the playoffs undefeated this year either.

Captain Hack
04-28-2005, 05:02 PM

I grew up watching the Spits and a good friend of mine (Brad Hyatt) was on that team.

As mentioned before, De Boer was on that team as were the Shannon Brothers, Glenn Featherstone & Adam Graves. Pat Jablonski tended the nets and Peter Ing was his backup. Paul Maurice got his first taste of coaching that year with the Compuware group (Peter Karmanos & Jimmy Rutherford) working under Tom Webster.

Rob Dimaio's goal in the late going of period 3 was the game winner in a wild one played in Chicoutimi.

Yes it was heartbreak but the way the City of Windsor received that team when they arrived back home was outstanding. I sure hope that city gets an OHL championship again soon.