PDA

View Full Version : STASIUK FIRED!!!!!!!

HURRICANE'S ROCK
05-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Pat Siedlecki has just confrimed this news at 2:10 Monday. Pat's blog is at: http://www.canesbroadcaster.blogspot.com/

More info shortly on 94.1 FM. CJOC in Lethbridge.

So is Rich Sutter the new Coach/GM ????

Nielson11
05-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Lethbridge, AB – Lethbridge Hurricanes President Brian McNaughton announced at a news conference today, Canes GM Roy Stasiuk will be relieved of his duties as General Manager effective immediately.

“We had high expectations for this season with a strong key group of 89-born players and coming off last season’s Eastern Conference Championship. The Board of Directors felt that as a team we did not meet our expectations and are now looking to move in another direction.” said McNaughton “As an organization, we will continue with our mandate to develop and prepare elite level hockey players for the next level. We respect Roy ’s abilities in the pursuit of this vision as our General Manager and wish him the best of luck in all of his future endeavors.”

Stasiuk began his tenure as the General Manager of the Lethbridge Hurricanes in November of 2005 and the 2009-2010 season was to be his 20th in the WHL, Stasiuk has enjoyed several successes at the major junior level including two WHL championships in the 1999-2000 and 2001-2002 seasons and a Memorial Cup championship in 2002 as the Assistant GM of the Kootenay Ice. Most notably, he helped in building the Hurricanes 2008 Eastern Conference Championship team and the first Lethbridge teams to win back to back first round WHL playoff series’ in over 18 seasons.

“First of all I would like to thank everybody with the Lethbridge Hurricanes organization. Everybody meant well, I have had the opportunity to work with some tremendous staff, both on the administration and business side and certainly the hockey operations.” said Stasiuk “I feel bad about the coaching transaction last week but that is the nature of this business and I am part of that as well. I wouldn’t change anything for the world, it has been a great group to work with and I mean that from the Board of Directors to the trainers; to the stick boys; to the players. It has been a privilege and an honor.”

Nielson11
05-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Boy...didn't see this one coming....ya right.

To bad he's already drove a number of good people and players out of town.

Good move by the Hurricanes now hopefully they get the right person in place and start to rebuild the teams reputation that Stasiuk in some ways tarnished.

:bounce::bounce:applauseapplausehaha

HURRICANE'S ROCK
05-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Lethbridge, AB – Lethbridge Hurricanes President Brian McNaughton announced at a news conference today, Canes GM Roy Stasiuk will be relieved of his duties as General Manager effective immediately.

“First of all I would like to thank everybody with the Lethbridge Hurricanes organization. Everybody meant well, I have had the opportunity to work with some tremendous staff, both on the administration and business side and certainly the hockey operations.” said Stasiuk “I feel bad about the coaching transaction last week but that is the nature of this business and I am part of that as well. I wouldn’t change anything for the world, it has been a great group to work with and I mean that from the Board of Directors to the trainers; to the stick boys; to the players. It has been a privilege and an honor.”

Gee he forgot to thank the coaches and Rich Sutter. Must of just slipped his mind eh.........:skeptical

Caner
05-11-2009, 03:02 PM
Good call. What took the BOD's so long? It's one thing to be serious all the time, but another to being a snap job. Very interesting times ahead and hopefully positive ones.

shushu
05-11-2009, 07:23 PM
they will hire a gm and HE will hire his benchboss.........so with any luck they will find someone with a brain and a even temper.....did any hear that there was a firing clause on roy's contract.....does this mean it wont cost the canes a fortune to get rid of one of their headaches for a change....here's hoping.....................

dagley
05-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Hope your organization fixes everything out, and the players enjoy playing in Lethbridge again. Seems like a great hockey town.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
05-11-2009, 10:28 PM
:bounce:
Hope your organization fixes everything out, and the players enjoy playing in Lethbridge again. Seems like a great hockey town.

Just trade us Schenn for Mestery and we will all cheer for the Wheaties in 2010.......applause

dagley
05-11-2009, 10:39 PM
:bounce:

Just trade us Schenn for Mestery and we will all cheer for the Wheaties in 2010.......applause

Hehe, I don't think we can do that =D...plus, Id be morally pissed off because I just got my Schenn jersey today :P

Bocephus
05-12-2009, 07:03 AM
We are sorry Mr. Tory, Roy no longer works here.

BugsBunny
05-12-2009, 01:19 PM
What a complete gong show! If there was any credibility left with the hockey club, it has all gone. This is a complete embarrassment to the city of Lethbridge and the WHL. Frankly, the shareholders should stop worrying about their own egos and do the right thing and sell the club to private ownership. There are enough people or groups waiting in line to buy a franchise. People with deep pockets who can hire top notch staff! It is long overdue.

Toe Drag
05-13-2009, 03:40 AM
Roy, the way you mistreat young men in hockey. You should find another employment other than hockey. Kids in hockey don't need your bullying and intimidation tactics. They don't need your interrogations. You were an absolute liar, to the parents of those kids in Lethbridge. I remember you telling some parents that you would look after their son's, as though they were your own. If that is how you treat your kids, then they too will soon fire your ass out the door.
Roy, you are what is wrong with our game. Hopefully, you take the time to sit down and think long and hard about what you did wrong here in Lethbridge. You owe the kids, fans, and the entire Lethbridge community an apology.
Over a month ago, I said you done. That being said,"FIGURE IT OUT!!!!!!!!!! " Move on. Your probably too arrogant to figure it out!!