PDA

View Full Version : Robinson next GM

grainbear
05-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Well, what are your thoughts? Not sure about the business side but he certainly knows the hockey side, his experience with Minnesota and contacts should help if he became the new GM. He knows our player list and it would be very interesting to see who he would bring in as his coach. Here is hoping we get the postion filled quickly and the get a talented coach.

BugsBunny
05-14-2009, 06:20 PM
If possible, it would be a great move for all the right reasons. He knows talent, has connections and he is a big part of the reason our list is strong. He would also have the inside knowledge of the kind of coach that would take the current roster to the next level. But it is Brad Robson that I think you are referring too.

shushu
05-14-2009, 10:38 PM
not that he would be a bad choice, but sutter would be a better suited gm if you are looking locally...he has a ton of nhl experiance and is or was a part of the nhl scouting world...BUT my gut tells me that the new gm will come from way outside of the canes/lethbridge area..someone that can give this org. a fresh start, with all of the bs that has transpired you would figure a brand new face would do wonders to clear the air.....the only problem is, is that person willing to come to town................ time will tell, and here's hope'n they hire someone that knows his sh@t and isn't mentally unstable.......................................... ........

BugsBunny
05-15-2009, 10:58 AM
It was confirmed by the Hurricanes' play-by-play announcer that Brad Robson intends on applying for the position. Frankly speaking it would make a lot of sense to hire him. He knows the players, the list and has 19 years of scouting for two NHL teams. He has solid NHL connections too. In fact he drafted Reid Jackson who is the son of Les Jackson who works for the Dallas Stars. He worked for a long time with Les.

canes77
05-18-2009, 01:53 AM
The team took a real turn for success in 07-08 when Robson arrived...but then took a dive one yr later this season. I know a lot has to do with Stasiuk's antics, so it's tough to evaluate Robson's decisions.

I know he is the top scout, and traveled to watch Western Conference games a lot...so my top question would be...was he responsible for the Sceviour trade? Mestery trade? Beach trade?

We all know that these trades didnt all work out positively! Hopefully Robson wasnt the main guy behind this year's two big trades!