PDA

View Full Version : Report from the Cup #3

Squig
05-22-2009, 09:36 AM
The loss to Windsor wasnt so bad. Ya we played with little intensity and all the boys werent on board. But it was a nothing game - i dont buy all the naysayers about Windsor coming back to haunt us. The fact is we will be playing a good team on Sunday no matter what. If its Windsor they will have to play 3 games in 4 nights. including a early game on Sunday. Or a Drummonville team that played with one night off. Either way if we come out with our game we will win!!

I really have enjoyed our time here in Rimouski. The people here have been very nice to us so i was kinda looking forward to seeing them in the final. I think last night Rimouski just ran out of gas. Their fans were pretty hard on them booing quite a bit but i guess they were pretty dissappointed. It will be interesting to see who the home town cheers for and how many show up.

The tent entertainment here has been second to none. Very good bands that play english music with all the great hits. The lineups here a short for most things but like usual you need to pick your spots. I have found some fans that i chat with after each period that really like and know hockey like we do. It is really cool to have someone that speaks both languages fluently and can explain what is going on in this league. For instance the head coach for Rimouski has spent the last 4 years as a assistant coach with Montreal Canadians but was brought back here for the cup.

We went to a cup party put on by the CHL. They arrange to have the Stanley Cup come out to a local pub for pictures, free bevies and appies. It never gets old getting your pic with the holy grail. Lotsa brass kicking around at these things - you find yourself saying i know that guy but who is he!

We went to a seafood joint for the lobster i promised to the wifey. They damn near had to haul us outta there with wheelbarrows! Huge seafood platters with Lobster, King Crab, Salmon, Prawns, Scallops, Cod, Veggies Rice and some very nice white wine. Best meal to date! Oh ya and we ran into Patrick Roy here as well. He was out with some family chowing down.

Time to run got to go for breaky at Chez Ouefs!!

Go Rockets Go!!