PDA

View Full Version : Wheats prospect camp 2009

booboo
05-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Anybody out there been to the prospects camp this year?? What have you seen? Who has looked good? Any word on why Sinatynski and Seamen are not at the camp?:groovy:

Boltz9
05-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Haven't been there yet but I will be there for the intra-squad game this morning to get a good look at the prospects.

dagley
05-23-2009, 11:23 PM
Haven't been there yet but I will be there for the intra-squad game this morning to get a good look at the prospects.

Let me know how DePape does, and if hes got the size/speed to make the jump to the dub next year. I think he has the potential to be a 70 point guy.

Boltz9
05-24-2009, 10:38 AM
It was good to see some hockey, there were some players that stood out for me.

Jordan Depape - Good speed, good moves, yes dagley I think he could get a spot on the team next year.

Kyle Krzyzaniak - Never heard of him before but hes a big defenseman who can read the play very well, hit good, and jump up into the rush.

Michael Ferland - Played on a line with Depape and has some very nice moves.

Jason Swyripa - Also played on Depape's line, very fast, wicked shot. Only problem is that hes extremely small, could learn from a guy like Calvert.

Brenden Walker - Good vision and good speed, looked like a guy that could lead.

Klarc Wilson - Hes very big, made some good passes.

Eric Roy - Hes big for his age, takes his time with the puck, with more developement he could be good.

Both the goalies seemed to be very good.

Liam Liston - Hes a big goalie, and I thought he was really good.

Ty Rimmer - Best thing about him is that he plays the puck.

Joe Hallenback
05-25-2009, 10:49 AM
Kyle Krzyzaniak played for the Neepawa Natives in the MJHL last season scoring 4 points in 65 games. Played for Team west at U17s. Not drafted in whl Bantam draft but is on the Wheaties radar after playing pretty good as a 16 year old in the MJHL. Will be getting a look for a 5-6 spot on defense next season

Depape was just excellent out there and was one of the guys that was above everyone else

Swyripa is small but can he skate. If he can take the physical play ala Jordan Weal we could have a really good one on our hands

Wilson has the size already and is a really slick passer. He will probably have a slow start as bigger guys generally do but we will be talking about this kid as a monster in the years to come

Liam Liston was really good I thought. I wonder if they will let him go back for Ice time or have him around next season