PDA

View Full Version : Where's Dion?

tazndevil
04-22-2005, 01:17 PM
Like a lot of WHL fans, I thought for sure as soon the Rebels were out of the playoffs, that he would have been called up to Lowell.

When he ddinn't go there, I expected to see him in that Alberta/Sask centennial game that was televised on CBC-- but I didn't see him there either.

Any Red Deer fans have any updates on Dion or any other players from your roster?

Is there a chance that Dion will be back as a 20 next year?

Just curious

Taz

frontrow fan
04-22-2005, 01:28 PM
one that I've heard of that's gone south, is Collin.. who is down in Norfolk.
I did hear at one time that Dion was wanting some time off, so maybe he is doing that... other than that I don't know what the guys are doing.... Golfing I'd bet!! (unfortunately!!!:( :D

Shinyshoes
04-22-2005, 01:32 PM
I was thinking the same thing as you when i didnt hear of him playing with Lowell, so after some investigation, I was told he was offered to go to lowell (or told to, however that works) and he declined in favor of a holiday with his family.

Guess we will have to wait till next year to see what happens, but i would bet 1 hockey season's worth of beer that he will not be in a Rebels Uniform as a 20yr old next year. Look for him in Lowel or Calgary next year.

Hitmen1
04-25-2005, 05:09 PM
A friend of mine said that Phaneuf had/has an injury. The flames would have liked to send him to Lowell but wanted him to rest up and get healthy.

charlie
04-26-2005, 09:07 AM
looks like lots of calgary people interested in dion. i guess it's time to hand him over. it's just tough because it's calgary...would be way easier if he had been drafted by vancouver or edmonton. it's just so easy to hate calgary teams...like the flames, hmmm no baseball team, no basketball team, no football team or like the hitmen. :D

tazndevil
04-26-2005, 10:06 AM
I'm not a Flames fan.

Never have been. Never will be.

I just know that Dion has tremendous talent, and probably shouldn't have been playing in the WHL this year at all.

I posted the question, because I was curious is he was hurt (my personal opinion) or something happened.

There is no way that Sutter (either of them) would leave this guy in Edmonton with nothing to do, when he could be playing hockey in Lowell.

Perhaps the joint farm club with Carolina had something to do with it???

Taz