PDA

View Full Version : Arenas you've been to

RunTheGoalie
01-19-2005, 07:26 PM
Lets throw this in the "meaningless thread" column... Which arenas have you been to, and which is your favorite?

My list, in order:

1. Pengrowth Saddledome - Calgary - Just cant beat an NHL calibre arena, especially when we get 10k+ in the building.

2. Medicine Hat Arena - Medicine Hat - if there is one city that needs a new arena, it is MH. That said, the Tigers have the best atmosphere of any junior arena I've been in.

3. Enmax Centrum - Red Deer - I've always found it ugly, but fan support is great, and the games are always entertaining.

4. Enmax Centre - Lethbridge - much better looking than Red Deer, but the atmosphere is lacking since every game I've been to hasnt seen the building more than half full.

5. Stampede Corral - Calgary - The Hitmen's first home. The arena is in it's 6th decade, and it shows. I forgot just how drab the Corral was until I went to a couple ABA Drillers' games last weekend.

6. Centenial Civic Centre - Swift Current. Literally, a barn. Poor sight lines everywhere, uncomfortable seats. But, amazing fan support for a town of 15,000.

a7x
01-19-2005, 08:15 PM
Not in any special order.

Seattle - Key Arena - Crappy. Worst place I've been to for a hockey game. Seats are WAY to close together. No seats behind one end. Everything is overpriced. Probably holds 9,000 for hockey.

Tri City Coliseum - Smallest US Division arena. Much better than Seattle though. Holds around 6,000+. Good sight lines, not really a bad seat in the place. Concourse is rather small, but not too bad.

Portland - Rose Garden - Home of the NBA Blazers. The Hawks only play a small amount of games here per season. Holds around 12,000 for hockey with the upper level curtained off. HUGE concourse. Not really a bad seat in the arena. I prefer the Memorial Coliseum though.

Portland (continued) - Memorial Coliseum - 40+ years old. Big glass building. Concourse is quite large. Holds a little less than 11,000 for hockey. From the second you walk into this arena you can feel the oldness. Seats are padded, but not very much. Scoreboard is lacking since they took out the replay machine and put it in the Rose Garden. Much more intimate than the Rose Garden. A crowd of 4,000 in the Coliseum will make MUCH more noise than a crowd of 8,000 in the Garden.

Everett - Everett Event Center - Best arena in the US Division! This place is beautiful. Lower level goes all the way around the ice, while upper level is a "U" shape. Seats are plastic, but comfortable. Screen on scoreboard could have been bigger. Concourse is small. The place is loud as hell though! The fans give the place a great atmosphere.

Spokane - Spokane Veterans Arena - Another larger WHL arena. Holds 10,755 for hockey. Seats are pretty steep. When you sit in the upper level it's like you're right on top of the action. LARGE concourse. Nice fans.

Kamfan
01-19-2005, 08:41 PM
This is a good thread to have because the question seems to get asked so often.

Anyway, of the current rinks I've been to (negating fan support, just the buildings themselves):

1. Everett Events Center - a gem, perfect size, concessions are plentiful with a great selection of beverages, concourses are wide, not a bad seat

2. Spokane Arena - if the EEC is a 9.5 out of 10, Spokane Arena is a 9.45, tough to find fault here either

3. Pengrowth Saddledome - NHL-calibre rink, NHL-calibre everything, surface, concessions, space, seating, etc., well-kept but does show some age being a 20+ year old building

4. Sport Mart Place - now in its 12th year (I believe), it's not so new anymore but has aged pretty well, balcony seats are nice (that's where I sit), only reason it sits above Skyreach is the scoreboard with video screens (it's important to me, may not be to everyone), plans to reno are in the initial phases (suites being reno'd & added to)

5. Skyreach Place - similar to Sport Mart Place and would pass it on my list if it had (a) replay screen(s), the newness factor is still there, alcohol allowed in the stands, more suites (better positioned as well), restaurant with a view of the ice

6. Prince George Multiplex (I thought this would be the CN Rail Centre by now) - roughly as many seats as Skyreach and more than SMP, but just not quite as polished overall, utilitarian design, "no nonsense" building (if that makes any sense), doesn't rank far below Skyreach or SMP

7. Pacific Coliseum - old and it shows, but it still does have the amenities of a former NHL rink (concessions, capacity, wide concourses, etc.)

8. Key Arena - still a nice building (though the reno seems a little less recent now), but the seat setup for hockey plumets it to the bottom, some seats have their view obstructed by the scoreboard and of course half the seats are pushed against the wall to make room for the ice surface, this is as much of a hockey arena as Qwest Field

The_Vulk
01-19-2005, 08:56 PM
I have been to the following arenas:

Pengrowth Saddledome - Calgary
Stampede Corral - Calgary
Sport Mart Place - Kamloops, previously known as Riverside Coliseum
Prospera Place - Kelowna
Enmax Centre - Lethbridge
Enmax Centrum - Red Deer
Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver

ihlemic10
01-19-2005, 09:32 PM
Everett Events Center - My home arena. Can only comaplain about the Usher's. Nice and Loud place.

Key Arena - Hockey should not be played here. Terrible seating and views.

Pacific Coliseum - Nice old building. Cheap seats a little cramped. Otherwise good place.

Billy Blade
01-19-2005, 09:46 PM
I've been to almost every rink there ever was in the WHL. I think it's easier to list the ones I've never been to... Even some that aren't in the league anymore, like Victoria, Winnipeg, and Tacoma. Saskatoon's old barn was awesome. 3,704 with standing room, and one of the most intimidating and LOUD arenas to ever play in. Asbestos in the roof, chunks would even fall on your lap the odd night. :D Blades games have just NEVER been the same since that old place was torn down.

I've never been to Flin Flon, New Westminster, Kelowna, Cranbrook (Kootenay), Everett, or Prince George though. Seattle was nuts, those people are like rabid dogs God bless them. :) Tacoma wasn't much better. Portland has some of the nicest hockey fans I've ever met, such incredibly hospitable people. Same with Spokane and Kennewick (Tri-City). Some good times on those road trips. :)

Fight Guy
01-19-2005, 10:24 PM
In order from best to worst for WHL...

1. Pengrowth Saddledome - Been there several times and is definetly my favoutire to watch sports. I've only seen one WHL game there, but I've seen the Flames play there 4 or 5 times and saw a Roughnecks game last year too. That was pretty cool.

2. Prince Albert Communiplex - Small place, but is very nice and the atmosphere is great. Your very close to the action. Fun place.

3. Regina Agridome - Home town rink, decent size, pretty good place. Could use more fans in the stands though.

4. Moose Jaw Civic Center - Fun place to go to, and is a great atmosphere. Been there quite a few times for Pats/Warriors games.

As for arenas I've been to but not for WHL...in no particular order...

Rexall Place in Edmonton - I was there for a Red Wings game a few years ago. Had nose bleed seats though.

Winnipeg Arena - Saw the Jets and Wings play in '96 or '97..which ever was the last season for the Jets. Saw a Moose game last year and saw Canada play Finland at the World Juniors in '99. That was an awsome game. Probably the best junior game ever.

Went to the Joe Louis arena in the summer in '99 because my dad is a die hard Wings fan, but it was closed to public. But lucky for us, Mr. Jim Nill (at the time was head of player developement or something...now assisant GM) stopped us just as we were driving away because he saw we were from Saskatchewan, so he knew how far we had come (not just to see the arena, but was on the way back home from Toronto, where I saw the Maple Leaf Gardens), and he envited us in and gave us a tour of the arena. That was awsome. There was no ice, but I was ice level and and saw the octupus and we could have gone into the dressing room, but it was being renovated. That would have been sweet.

And I've been to Sask Place or Credit Union Center once...to see METALLICA :D :D :D FREAKEN AWSOME!!!

But thats about it that I can think of.

Number_4
01-19-2005, 10:49 PM
Well I've only been to a few arenas, but heres my thoughts...

Calgary- well, when you have a good crowd in the Saddledome for junior hockey, it can only be good. The fans make this one worth going to.

Lethbridge- Nice, clean arena, but horrible set-up for hockey. You spend most of the game cranning your neck trying to see the play. I really have issues with this arena for hockey, and the fan support, quite frankly, SUCKS. Quiet as a tomb every night. Parkings a b***ch

Medicine Hat- A true original barn. What an amazing fan base there. It really is a barn worth going to, just for the history.

Swift- well prolly the worst I've been to yet. It really needs some renovations, preferably a new arena. However, like the hat, Swift has amazing fan support

Moose Jaw- I LOVE the crushed can, if just to go and cheer for the pats. The only rink in the dub that actually plays the beatles... makes me want to donate some cd's. The rink has made some major improvements lately. Best burgers in the dub, by far

Regina- Not bad, one of the best if you ignore the wooden end bleachers. However, could be better, and prolly would be if it wasnt so quiet

Brandon- Not that bad, good fan support most of the time with not bad sitelines

Saskatoon- impressive arena. Pretty good site lines and not bad sound system. If your sitting at the back, you kinda feel out of the loop.

PA- small barn that has been drastically improved in the past few years. Great fan support, and it doesnt have to be full to be fun.

Thunderbird107
01-19-2005, 11:54 PM
You guys are sitting in the wrong seats if you think Key Arena is that bad. And let's not forget we aren't the only arena that has an open horseshoe.

Anyway, I've been to all the U.S Division arenas including the old Mercer Street Arena, the Boone Street Barn and the Tacoma Dome, none of which are played in anymore. I've been to Pac Coliseum and the old Kelowna rink, the name of which escapes me right now. It was tiny though. Only held about 1800.

Tiger Trauma
01-20-2005, 12:01 PM
Medicine hat- what can i say I'm honored to be able to watch every home game there. Every game our barn is full to the rafters and hockey couldn't be more popular.

Lethbridge- Been there twice last year......I though it was a nice size... abit quiet...there seemed to be more cheering from the hat fans than lethbridge fans.

Swift Current- Small rink but there are some hardcore die hard fans over there....it can be loud when they use that big horn of there's which i find quite annoying!!

ihlemic10
01-20-2005, 01:12 PM
Just wondering, what seats should we sit in at Key Arena?

C.F
01-20-2005, 05:42 PM
I've been to 5 WHL arena's. Here they are in order from best to worst.

Pacific Coliseum- Ok so i'm slightly biased. Not only do I love the design of the arena, but the history and hockey atmosphere is hard to beat.

Everett Event Centre- Every WHL fan needs to take a trip down to Everett to watch a game at least once in their life time. The arena is state of the art, the selection of beer is like no other, the store has a wide variety, and the fans are awesome. Of course, I still hate them. ;)

Propera Place-I enjoyed my visit there very much. The fans were polite and the atmosphere was great.

Sportsmart Arena-Not a fan. The seat I was in was cramped, and the fans were classless(coming from Kamloops, I wasn't suprised). It wasn't worth the drive.

Key Arena-NOT A HOCKEY ARENA. Enough said.

kelownakarl
01-20-2005, 07:38 PM
Prospera Place - Not a hockey venue.... Better suited for concerts and other events.... The way the players have to walk through the arena concourse to get to the ice and all that stuff is very un-professional. Sightlines are good, nice restaurant that overlooks the arena.

Riverside Coliseum - Love this arena. The whole setup is perfect. Alot of history in the arena.

Key Arena - Terrible for hockey. I would rather watch it at an outdoor rink.

Pacific Coliseum - Great arena for hockey. like how they block off the upper concourse with the big curtains to make it like a small arena atmosphere.

I have also been to the Pengrowth Saddledome, but like any NHL arena being used for junior hockey, the arena is way too big.

90-91
01-21-2005, 10:48 AM
You guys are sitting in the wrong seats if you think Key Arena is that bad. And let's not forget we aren't the only arena that has an open horseshoe.

Anyway, I've been to all the U.S Division arenas including the old Mercer Street Arena, the Boone Street Barn and the Tacoma Dome, none of which are played in anymore. I've been to Pac Coliseum and the old Kelowna rink, the name of which escapes me right now. It was tiny though. Only held about 1800.
The old Boone Street Barn had great atmosphere but reeeeealy showed it's age toward the end.........when I was a poor college student, my friends and I knew exactly where the leaks in the roof were.....when it rained or the snow was melting........the roof would leak.....the staff would bring you a plastic bag to wear AND free tickets to the next game. Small price to pay when you couldn't afford tickets :)

D.A.
01-21-2005, 03:30 PM
Let's see... In order from favorite to least:

1. Red Deer - mostly because it's my home arena and I think it's pretty nice.
2. Kootenay - the people have always been extremely friendly there.
3. Calgary - pro all the way.
4. Seattle
5. Portland
6. Spokane
7. Lethbridge
8. Tri-City
9. Medicine Hat - old and hostile

Chipper
01-23-2005, 11:07 AM
The old Silver dome in Cranbrook has to have been one of the most intimidating rinks in the history of the Dub with 2000 fan capasity and fans standing along the glass around the whole rink. Every team hated to play us there when the ice would score the noise in there was probably louder than a jet landing in your bedroom also the beach balls and ruber chickens on a fishing rod were a huge laugh. Now that I think about it I kind of miss that old barn...... on second thought I think I prefer the comfort of the Cranbrook Rec Plex and the 4200 seats of comfort a Great Jr Hockey rink (maybe Im a little biast)

tazndevil
01-25-2005, 07:16 PM
OK I've been to just about every rink in the league, current teams only as I have only followed the league for the past 6 or 7 years.

I'm not going to rate the rinks, but offer thoughts on good or bad points about the rink.

Brandon---Crazy horseshoe design have to leave the rink viewing area to finish a lap of the concourse.

Calgary--- home rink Pro all the way but a way too but for WHL hockey.

Everett--never been-plan to go in 2 yrs when Hitmen return.

Kamloops--nice arena, good size for WHL--very nice fans too.

Kelowna--only criticism is the way the players have to travel to get to the ice. Otherwise A+

Kootenay-- beautiful new rinkexcellent for the Ice and their fans to be in-- close to the ice, and loud as hell at times

Lethbridge--another crazy horseshoe. Rink needs a SERIOUS upgrade--posibly from an all events center to a hockey only rink

Medicine Hat-- Loud and crazy most of the time. The way it should be. Rink is a little old though--but I think it only adds to the atmosphere.

Moose Jaw-- Old rink and cold inside-- GOTTA LOVE IT. Probably needs an upgrade though.

Portland MC only--old barn. lots of history and the fans are nice there too.

Prince Albert--haven't been there yet.

Prince George--same as PA

Red Deer--actually one of my fave places to go. fans are great--love their team and 'hate' every one elses(especially the Hitmen).. Beautiful arena too.

Regina--not 2 bad--rink is in not bad shape, and got pretty loud when i was there--but probably not this season.

Saskatoon--Same as PA PG and Everett

Seattle--crazy design. not for hockey.was talking to T-Birds fans there my last visit, and they said the wners did that on purpose, so the NHL wouldn't come.

Spokane-- I like this rink a lot. only weird thing is that the teams warm up at one end, then change ends before coming out to start the first period. Apparently thats the way the owner wants it?????

Swift Current--Aformer Hitmen player told me to 'bring a flashlight to that old barn'--he was right. In need of a new rink, or a major upgrade

Tri-City-- Haven't been there either

Vancouver--good rink for WHL, but not hard to tell why the Canucks needed an upgrade.

Thoughts and comments are always welcome

Taz

Knuckles Muldoon
01-25-2005, 10:45 PM
Pacific Coliseum (Home rink) - Getting a bit old and dingy? You bet. But to many people in the lower mainland, it IS Vancouver hockey. I like the dim lights. I love the smell of the place. It's like a dear old, reliable friend. I feel like its my second home. And besides, any arena that I once saw Bobby Orr play in during his prime can't be that bad. It will be interesting to see how the feel of the place changes after the 2010 Olympic upgrades take place.

Key Arena - Probably great for basketball, it sucks for hockey. One-third of the seats are unusable. The building itself is nice enough, but it will never be a decent hockey arena. Always a nice stroll through Seattle Center grounds to get there, though.

Mercer Arena (Seattle) - Old. It seemed more a like an old trade-show building, but was fun anyway. The corners were just brutal. Tight, little 90 degree corners. If you rung the puck around the boards, it was sure to bounce out into the slot every time. No seats at one end. Long, long walkway ramps to get to the concourse (which is at one end of the building) but the concourse/concessions area was packed and lively, and more like that of an old cinema. Overall, a memorable, fun place to watch a game.

Seattle Center Coliseum - A tent, basically. With its four main pillars forming a point at the peak of the building over center ice, it seemed like The Big Top. A standard, old 50's/60's type arena. The dressing rooms (see referee Bruce Hood's book) were in an adjacent building connected by some ridiculously long underground walkways. My friend and I did the walk one time, and it took about 2 minutes of walking to get to the ice from the dressing rooms. Unbelievable! A big, fun arena. Especially on a Friday or Saturday night. Combine that with a standard, rowdy Seattle crowd and it was always a fun time.

Memorial Coliseum - Although Portland fans complain about its antiquated state, I love it. An old, dark arena with a small ice-surface. A hockey nut's paradise. Plenty of history, and at 11,000 for hockey, a perfect size building. Huge cement concourses and they have (do they still?) a roped-off area where you can buy a highball (or 3). We called it "The Bullpen". When you're in the MC, you feel like you're someplace special. Just a grand, old, aging lady of a building. And with its huge glass exterior, its great to see the lights of downtown Portland outside after dark.

Sportmart Place (Riverside) - A nice, serviceable building that seemed to be done on the cheap. Haven't been up for a number of years now, but I thought it was a fine building with nice fans. Memories of watching Iginla raise terror on the ice still reside deep inside me.

Old Kamloops Arena (what the heck was it called?) - A traditional Canadian hockey barn. No more, no less. Cold, benches, small ice surface. Great ambiance. Best french fries in history. Did the Blazies ever lose a game in there? Or did it just seem that way?

Victoria Arena - Another grand old arena from the 40's or 50's. Was only there once. Nice, old arena. Nothing fancy.

Queen's Park Arena - Words can't describe it. Beauty, ugliness, character and many other attributes all rolled into one. And then the Bruins hit the ice. A true house of horrors. The north end was inhabited by people who were described as humans only because most of them could almost walk upright. What a crew! And the Bruins were even worse, as history has shown.

Everett Event Center - This place is truly unbelievable. The smallest building containing 8,400 seats known to man. Steep seats in the upper deck, which is a terrific horseshoe that sits on top of a full lower bowl. Loud? Yes, loud. Very loud. Cowbells a-plenty. The fans there cheer dump-ins. They cheer the "and both teams are back to fuuuullll strength" announcements. The crowd noise builds up as the Tips break out of their own end on a rush and by the time they cross the opponent's blueline, the fans' excitement is palpable. And at least half of the crowd wear SilverTips jerseys. The BEST souvenir shop in the history of junior hockey. I think they sell SilverTips car-covers. Probably even have SilverTip condoms. Great food, too (Philly cheese steaks are highly recommended). If its a good, spirited game on a Saturday night, this place is pretty much the ultimate. I always look forward to the Giants next game there. And have I mentioned the fog horn yet? Deafening. A very welcome addition to the Dub. A must-see for every Dub fan.

Tacoma Dome - The worst. You could sit in row 15 at center ice and still not see where the ice meets the boards on the other side. The seating rows just went up so gradual. Sat there for one period and hardly saw the puck at all. The stands on the sides went up forever. Like there were 70 rows or something. Saw opening night in 1991 (against Seattle) and was about 15 feet away from a brawl between Tacoma vs Seattle hooligans. Never went back. The WORST.

lovintherockets
01-26-2005, 12:31 AM
Kelowna - Skyreach/Prospera and the Memorial . Entry and exit annoying for the skaters but I like it.

Kamloops - I like the concourse but the cement pillars are hard to peek around if you buy a standing room ticket

Vancouver - kinda weird with the upstairs closed off, I used to watch games there when the Canucks played, great place to watch Hockey

Kootenay - Beautiful building....those guys in the rafters (Boxes) have a great view

Everett - love it!! but still don't understand why seats don't go all the way around

Seattle - not much to say, ok place to watch a game

Tacoma Dome - I don't remember if it was good or bad ( a little foggy as I age I guess)

Spokane - That was a great place to watch Hockey...except for the whistle guy on the pa system I would love to go back there again soon.

Lethbridge - didn't really like that place , I think it was to quiet. Lots of stuff to see in the lobby tho

Red Deer - Great barn good fans but snow in May.....come on now :eek:

Medicine Hat - needs work...or needs replacing

Swift Current - tiny tiny tiny

Victoria Memorial - good for Jr B terrible for the Cougars

I was in Prince George in 1981 at a game but the Cougars were still in Victoria, I wonder if the arena is the same one.

I like Spokanes arena the best
I like Everett for fan participation
and I would have to say that Swift/Medicine Hat are the two that I hope I don't have to visit again unless I have to.

Thunderbird107
01-26-2005, 12:34 AM
Tacoma Dome - I don't remember if it was good or bad ( a little foggy as I age I guess)

While large and former holder of many attendance records, the place was horrible for hockey. Sightlines were terrible. This may refresh your memory.

http://www.charpy.com/Photos/2000/01/000122-06.jpg

lovintherockets
01-26-2005, 12:38 AM
I remember now.....I think I fell up a couple of those stairs. :D ..you are correct not the best place that I watched a game in. Thankyou 107

Tinner
01-26-2005, 06:56 AM
I have been to alot of arenas over the years, as a player, a scout and a fan and the one arena that sticks out in my mind as a "zoo" was the old arena in Blairmore, Alberta. Back when John Chapman coached the Pass Red Devils in the AJHL, this was the arena the players never wan't to go to and where the fans were actually a seventh man for the home team. What an experience.

Imagine that, the 2nd "zoo" is the Philly spectrum and if not mistaken the link there is John Chapman as he is or was a scout for them.

CHtoo
01-26-2005, 10:43 PM
WHL arenas. I've watched the Broncos play in all the WHL rinks as a fan except four
Regina (just never seem to get there).
Brandon (always out of the way)
Everett - didn't make the trip this year.
Cranbrooks new rink - did see the old one and loved it. Particularly winning the 50/50 - great fans

Best rinks
Prince George the first time. Loved when fans made so much noise during a time out the coach gave up.
Kelowna excellent rink love the area.

Actually there isn't a rink I don't like.

It will be interesting to see what the CCC ( Centennial Civic Ceter ) will look like once the renovations are complete.

Fight Guy
01-26-2005, 11:05 PM
I remember now.....I think I fell up a couple of those stairs. :D ..you are correct not the best place that I watched a game in. Thankyou 107
Hahaha...looking at the second level in that pic, it reminds me of the Winnipeg Arena. Those stairs were STEAP! If you made one wrong step, your tumbling down a hell of a lot of steps. Looks very similar at the Tacoma Dome.

medicinehat_tigers
01-26-2005, 11:19 PM
I havent went to much but here they are:

WHL ARENAS:
Medicine Hat Tigers- The Arena
Lethbridge Hurricanes- Enmax Center

OTHER ARENAS:
Toronto Blue Jays, Toronto Argos- Skydome
Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Raptors- Air Canada Center
Brooks Bandits- Lakeside Lesuire Center
Drumheller Dragons- Drumheller Arena
Calgary Flames- Pengrowth Saddledome

stmartin11
01-27-2005, 12:34 AM
1. Enmax Centrium - Great place to watch hockey, overall classiest rink in the DUB!
2. Medicine Hat Arena - Talk about a place where fans make the noise unbearable, most rinks use their sound systems, not us. Give us a car battery and an old fire engine siren and ....well you all know the rest.
3. Pengrowth Saddledome - Very professional...maybe too professional for the Hitmen(afterall they are amateur players).
4. Regina Agridome - similar setup inside as the Centrium, but a long long way from as good as the Centrium.
5. CCC (swift) - Old and dingy, could be kept up a lot better. Only complaint is you have to drive all the way through Speedy Creek to get to it, when coming from the West (ie Med Hat etc...)
6. Enmax Center (Lethbridge) - Most hostile fans in the DUB especially if you are a Tigers fan (gee I wonder why?). Great place to go to watch hockey as well, if the fans weren't quite as rude I'd rank it up close to MH and RD.

Triton
01-27-2005, 12:59 AM
Prince Albert Communiplex(my home rink)-very crazy atmosphere,fans are great,a real hockey town North,Nice upgrades as well as great fan support.

Saskatoon's Credit Union Centre-Awesome rink,a little on the quiet side until this year,Very warm and fan friendly.

Regina's Agridome-Sat up in the sky boxes and thought I'am glad iam up here and not down there.Very Quiet,nice intro though,kinda old looking.

Moose Jaw's Crushed Can-Old,weird shape makes it unique,very cold inside(felt I should have been dressed for snow mobiling)One of my fav's though.

Swift Current's Centennial Civic Centre-Crappy rink,mold all over,ushers look like bums,need a flash light when going in there,although very good fans,very loud.Nice to see P.A,M.J and S.C being community owned.

Rinks I will see in the next year:Brandon,Medicine Hat,Lethbridge,Red Deer,Calgary and Kelowna.The others will have to wait.

In the crowd
01-30-2005, 03:28 AM
So far I've been too Sportmart place in Kamloops, Spokane Arena, Rec Plex, and Memorial Arena in Cranbrook, Enmax in Lethbridge, Saddledome, Centrium in Red deer, Medicine Hat arena, Swift Current's arena and Moose Jaw's arena. I'd have to say that Spokane's was my favorite, with Red deer's a close second. As for crowds, Medicine hat the loudest, Spokane's best overall atmosphere. Dislikes was Swift Currents.
Other Rinks I've been too are Skyreach, or Rexall place in Edmonton, and what used to be called Marine Midland Arena in Buffalo.

Thunderbird107
01-30-2005, 03:40 AM
and what used to be called Marine Midland Arena in Buffalo.

Now known as HSBC Arena.

OHLArenaGuide
01-30-2005, 04:08 PM
To some extent you've all got me beaten... I have never been to a WHL game.

I've been to every current OHL arena though as well as every former OHL arena still standing, which by my count is 41 different buildings.

I've been to one QMJHL game, in Drummondville, and I've also been to QMJHL buildings in Halifax, Acadie-Bathurst, Gatineau and Quebec City.

I've also stood outside the Pacific Coliseum if that counts for anything.