PDA

View Full Version : Hitmen News

Hitmen1
05-31-2009, 08:14 AM
A couple of news items this past week from Hitmen players.

First, Hitmen defenceman Alex Plante signed a 3 year deal with the Edmonton Oilers. He had until June 1 (I believe) to sign or he would have went back into the draft. Good on Alex for putting all the issues behind him and having a terrific season with the Hitmen. I believe he will be back with the Hitmen next year.

Secondly, Hitmen speedster Brandon Kozun was invited to the world junior camp in August. Brandon had a great season for the Hitmen and is getting some recognition for his great play.

Congrats to both players!

Brandonite
05-31-2009, 01:21 PM
A couple of news items this past week from Hitmen players.

First, Hitmen defenceman Alex Plante signed a 3 year deal with the Edmonton Oilers. He had until June 1 (I believe) to sign or he would have went back into the draft. Good on Alex for putting all the issues behind him and having a terrific season with the Hitmen. I believe he will be back with the Hitmen next year.

Secondly, Hitmen speedster Brandon Kozun was invited to the world junior camp in August. Brandon had a great season for the Hitmen and is getting some recognition for his great play.

Congrats to both players!

Plante is almost 99% going to be playing in the AHL in Springfield next season. He will not be playing Junior next season and I will put my wager on that. Steve Tambellini already said he will be playing in Springfield next season and is a year or two atleast from Edmonton. But im sorry, but his Hitmen days are over!

hitmanfan
05-31-2009, 04:00 PM
Great for Alex. Who would have thought 2 years ago he would be going anywhere.

Brandonite
05-31-2009, 08:07 PM
Great for Alex. Who would have thought 2 years ago he would be going anywhere.

Well actually 2 years ago was when everyone did think so high of him. Thats why he was a 1st round pick to Edmonton. It was after last season he battled the injuries and just had an awful year period. Finally deciding to come back to the Hitmen was ultimately the best thing Alex could have done for his career and he was rewarded by signing with the Oilers. But when your that big, and can skate decent, and has the attributes that Alex has then someone is going to take that shot. Good for him

hitmanfan
05-31-2009, 08:35 PM
That what I meant, i just included last season.