PDA

View Full Version : Kings decide not to sign Rowat

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
06-02-2009, 12:25 AM
along with 3 other guys that nobody here really cares about...

http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/2009/06/goodbye-to-four.html

So basically, Rowat is coming back. Whether we keep him or not hasnt been decided yet.

patsdude114
06-02-2009, 10:33 PM
didnt really surprise me at al that Rowat wasnt signed... I personally think Rowat had a great year in Regina considering the style of play Derkatch played & left Rowat out to dry most nights cuz of it. Could you imagine how much worse our season would of been without Rowat.. I dont even wanna think about it to be honest makes me shudder.....

Well by the looks of it Parker has yet another crowded crease come training camp, as i dont think many teams will take a chance on Rowat before his 20 yr old year. Make him really put up some good numbers in his last year of junior or see u in CIS hockey Rowat.

Now does Parker keep Rowat around to help with Tendler's development or does Parker ship Rowat out & go with Tendler & Ketlo??? Personally Ketlo prob can get u 17 or 18 yr on in return more less a depth guy, where Rowat will get you maybe a 4th or 5th round pick at best. Id like to see Rowat stay around with a Hunt defensive team infront of him.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
06-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Just like last year, Rosie is still the best goaltender we have. His previous history aside, its best to have his experience around to mentor the younger goaltender.

And you are right...Ketlo would also probably be able to bring back a larger return in a trade, while Rowat would bring back something similar to what the Lazurak trade brought the Kootenay Ice.