PDA

View Full Version : NHL draft

Brandonite
06-06-2009, 04:31 PM
We all know that Brayden Schenn & Scott Glennie will be hearing their names called this year at the draft. Does anyone think anybody else from the 'current' roster will be drafted? I think as much as some people hate to admit, but Melnychuk will most likely get drafted at some point likely into the 4th - 5th round. Jordan Hale because of his size maybe? Any thoughts?

Trav
06-06-2009, 05:43 PM
that the Wheat Kings drafted last year in the import draft, wonder if he'll get drafted and report to Brandon. Has anyone heard if he's coming to Brandon this year? Think his name is Kiril Golovets or something like that.

Brandonite
06-06-2009, 07:51 PM
that the Wheat Kings drafted last year in the import draft, wonder if he'll get drafted and report to Brandon. Has anyone heard if he's coming to Brandon this year? Think his name is Kiril Golovets or something like that.

Good point. Im not too sure at all what kind of year he had or if Brandon expects him this year. However if he does get drafted, Im sure many teams would want him here rather than Europe

Trav
06-06-2009, 08:19 PM
he had a good year for the US Prep school Shattucks St. Mary's or whatever it's called. He had 6 goals, 23 assists for 29 points in 50 games.

dagley
06-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Apparently he is just awesome.

Vik
06-07-2009, 02:06 AM
With Gotovets, isn't the thought that he might go to college rather than the Wheaties? And Melnychuk will, in all likelihood, be drafted along with Schenner and Glennie, though he'll obviously be a late round pick. He's got upside and someone will take him as a project. I don't see Hale being drafted though.

sbtatter
06-07-2009, 01:38 PM
Meknychuk is a lock to be drafted, he's got size, offensive potential, he'll be a 4th or 5th round pick.....Hale, no hope of being drafted, too slow....

Brandonite
06-07-2009, 02:53 PM
I wasn't suggesting Jordan Hale will get drafted just for the record! His nickname on the team is "Dinger". I find that pretty funny because for peoplewho remember Chris Dingman when he played here they do have some similarities. Dingman was obviously "the man" and your not gonna replace him no matter how brutal of a skater Dingman was haha! Hale & Dingman both are awful skaters, they both where #22, both are the 'team heavyweight. But lets face it...no one compares to the real DINGER!!!

Trav
06-07-2009, 03:13 PM
that could lure Gotovets to report, it's to bad he wasn't there last year. I think he could be a sleeper pick in the NHL draft.

Brandonite
06-07-2009, 04:28 PM
that could lure Gotovets to report, it's to bad he wasn't there last year. I think he could be a sleeper pick in the NHL draft.

Its easy for us to say anything about the kid when really no one really knows exactly how well he played considering where he was playing! Afterall, if he was playing somewhere in the States or Canada we'd be able to track him alot better but its tough to tell exactly what type of player he truly is!

Trav
06-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Its easy for us to say anything about the kid when really no one really knows exactly how well he played considering where he was playing! Afterall, if he was playing somewhere in the States or Canada we'd be able to track him alot better but its tough to tell exactly what type of player he truly is!

He was playing in the US last year. Were you thinking he was playing in Belarus still?

dagley
06-07-2009, 07:03 PM
He was playing in the States? He is going to the same place Crosby went to school to play hockey...

Brandonite
06-07-2009, 10:01 PM
He was playing in the US last year. Were you thinking he was playing in Belarus still?

My bad...your right! I did totally think he was still playing in Belarus but yeah thats right, i forgot hes going to the same school Crosby went to. Im sure I heard that also