PDA

View Full Version : Shareholders meeting

HURRICANE'S ROCK
06-08-2009, 12:29 PM
From Pat Siedlecki's blog. Let's try to get people out to this.

On a side note, I found out late Friday evening that a group of shareholders has organized a meeting set for this Monday night. I've been told the purpose is to get a feeling from Hurricanes shareholders and the public as to what they feel of the current situation with the hockey club and what they would like to see in the future. The group is hoping one to two hundred people show up. The meeting is scheduled for Monday, June 8th from 7 to 10 pm at the Eagles Hall on the northside.

BugsBunny
06-08-2009, 04:39 PM
With all that has gone on and likely to continue, the only sensible thing is to look into selling the club. Mind you in order to do that, this group (meeting tonight) would have to give the current board a notice of motion to be put on the agenda for the Annual General Meeting of the Shareholders in August. The WHL has several people or groups with deep pockets waiting in line to bid for an existing franchise. The WHL would not allow the franchise to be moved as they need it for a numbers balance and geographical balance in the Central Division.

metalrules
06-09-2009, 12:12 AM
This will be the most exciting AGM in many moons. I don't know if you all remember the AGM a couple of years ago that was a gong show... this one should be the same, I cannot wait. So everyone bring your opinions and your views and make them known. And for the people at the gathering which was just held you better be the loudest of em all.

canes77
06-09-2009, 01:26 AM
Anyone attend this board meeting last nite on the northside??
Any interesting info?? According to the Herald, it was nothing too special.

caniac # 2
06-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Anyone attend this board meeting last nite on the northside??
Any interesting info?? According to the Herald, it was nothing too special.

I was there and Dylan from the Herald is close or bang on. To make a difference we all need to show up at the AGM meeting in August, last night turned out to be a b*t*h session and I don't think much was accomplished, but it's a start and a turn in the right direction, I give credit to Brian W who was attending, at least he showed up and took the brunt of the critisism and questions while on the hot seat. applause

P.S. If a vote was taken last night as to who should be the next GM, Sutter would have won hands down.

grainbear
06-09-2009, 06:37 PM
I can,t believe some of the comments? No one except the selection committee know who had applied. Sutter, may be the best but let the board make the choice . Why would anyone not allow the selection committee to make the right decision. Yes, I also am frustrated by the time being taken but when candiates could be spread throughout the country why not interview the best. Wickers stated last night the decison will be made by the 26 th what the ******* is another two weeks as long as our director of personal and assistant GM has his homework done. Based on selections since he came on board the team looks good for the youngsters signed. After all how many years did he scout for Minnisota. I am telling you by Feb of this coming year who ever the poor guy is we will either say he walks on water or will be ready to hang him at high noon. Lets put this enthusiasm into the seats and watch what a much younger club will do .

canes77
06-10-2009, 01:37 AM
Yes, there are 12-13 candidates for the GM position, and we are only aware of who 2 of them are. All we can do is sit and watch the Board's decision!

What if theres a way better candidate than Sutter? (hypothetically, say Scotty Bowman) Could be possible...it's also possible that Sutter is easily the #1 candidate (if the other candidates include people like myself).

Also, there's news that Craig Hartsburg is meeting with Everett management...could he be a candidate here as well? He is a WJHC winning coach! They dont move around too often.

Bare Bear
06-21-2009, 10:45 PM
From what I can gather, the intention of the meeting was to see what the feeling was from the owners (shareholders) When asked if they thought the board was doing a good job, not one hand went up. When asked if they thought they were doing a terrible job, every hand went up. This should tell the board something. The average AGM attracts 40-60 people. From what I could tell there must have been over 150 down there.I just cannot believe that the board is so blind that they cannot see the feelings of the owners. There was absolutely nothing that went on at this meeting that would bind the board to anything, but at the end of day you would figure that they should at least begin to listen. I really do hope that the WHL comes in here and takes over until such time that the problem(s) are solved. This really has to be embarrassing to the entire league. They had better rent a really really big hall for this year's annual meeting. vc178

RYLAH
06-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Things are such a mess, nobody wants to associate themselves with the team right now, I've heard that they are having a hard time getting people to sponsor the team's golf tournament.

Hockey Watcher
06-23-2009, 11:07 AM
Things are such a mess, nobody wants to associate themselves with the team right now, I've heard that they are having a hard time getting people to sponsor the team's golf tournament.

Okay, it is now the time for the board to get off their rear ends and make the decision. Since they cannot seem make the decision on their own then it is time the give the community what they want. This going out looking for guys is getting out of hand. They are making it known to us that they do not want who the community wants or those that have applied and that is not good business. The community is who supports this team and without the community the ENMAX center would shut down for good. $$$$$$

From what I am hearing the board is actively callling people to see if they are interested in the position and to make it worse calling those who are looking for NHL positons not WHL. All we ask is to select someone who wants to be here and will stay here, someone who wants to coach or Manage, someone with experience who will teach and work with the players, someone the boys will respect, someone who will showcase the players, someone who is not looking at the chance to leave the first call they get. And most of all someone who can make a damn DECISION.

We already lost the Asst. GM, director of scouting because he was tired of the disgusting mess that is going on. We are now going to lose valuable players if this continues. We have no one to represent Lethbridge at the Euro draft and all of this is because the board cannot make a decision.

So many are laughing at this mess but the truth is it is not funny anymore.

BugsBunny
06-23-2009, 11:22 PM
I do not think that we will get any news on a new GM until the 29th. The date mentioned more than once by the Pres! With both Elfring and Wickers out of town for the week I doubt that there will be any news before the weekend. As for the Euro draft, I believe that Robson left a list with the club. They will only pick one anyhow in order to keep Sbisa on their list and thus receive $$$ from the Flyers. Dave Barr looks to be the man unless he grabs another opportunity elsewhere. If he does, then does the search for anyone but Richie begin again???? SELL THE CLUB!!!