PDA

View Full Version : Who's not coming Back?

jkanes
06-10-2009, 05:02 PM
I just wanted to get your opinion on who is'nt coming back to play another season with the Canes?

Derek Sutton
06-10-2009, 05:34 PM
I read that they only plan on drafting one Euro this year so they can retain Sbisas rights. (http://www.lethbridgeherald.com/content/view/65460/50/ its in there somewhere)
Does that mean they're letting Juha go? I understand he'd be an overager but whos gonna play net? certainly neither Tajdeh nor the other guy can handle the starters job.

Trav
06-10-2009, 06:31 PM
pick another goaltender if they don't go and acquire a veteran from another team. How about a guy like Guggenburger who will be 20, can't see the Rockets keeping him as a 20.

tigsfan0809
06-10-2009, 06:39 PM
If you want, you can have Ryan Holfeld.........lol!!haha

canes77
06-11-2009, 12:45 AM
As of today, this is what I'd guess the lineup would look like...
Keep in mind that the new GM will likely change it, and remember there are several more guys on the 50 player list that I have yet to see, especially the list of D-men and most guys from the Southwest States.

Ashton Bancks Beach
Braes Sutter Orfino
Fyten Moser Reners
Tarnasky Brossoit Castro
Cooper Tot

Mestery Sbisa??
Ross Yadlowski
Ryckman .............
plus two/three of: Baecker, Senkbeil, Paulides, Jackson, Graham

Tadjedeh
Anderson

keep one spot open somewhere for the one Import Draft pick...and a couple more spots for more over-agers
if the Flyers say Sbisa is staying in the show for good, I would personally trade Sbisa's rights for a conditional pick in order to bring in two new Euros to help this young roster up above

No doubt that #7 is the captain

what do you all think?? am i close with this roster?

tyeryan9
06-11-2009, 08:19 AM
I think you're pretty close. Scary 2nd line. Sutter is at best a 4th liner in this league. I think you're right, Sbisa must be moved. They need to bring in a Euro D-man for sure and probably a tender. I don't know another team in the league that is in such scary shape heading into the upcoming season (as it sits right now) in goal and on defense.

shushu
06-11-2009, 11:14 AM
the second line would be a combo of reners ,tot, moser,brossoit with maybe braes at center, can see orfino of sutter on the second line....when they put a gm in place im sure there will be a bunch of new faces on this team....................ps...... may sound paranoid but i wonder if they are dragging their @sses on announcing a gm untill after the early bird deadline, with maybe a diiferant name than sutter on the gm's door it could hurt ticket sales...........just a thought................

LHF
06-11-2009, 12:43 PM
As of today, this is what I'd guess the lineup would look like...
Keep in mind that the new GM will likely change it, and remember there are several more guys on the 50 player list that I have yet to see, especially the list of D-men and most guys from the Southwest States.

Ashton Bancks Beach
Braes Sutter Orfino
Fyten Moser Reners
Tarnasky Brossoit Castro
Cooper Tot

Mestery Sbisa??
Ross Yadlowski
Ryckman .............
plus two/three of: Baecker, Senkbeil, Paulides, Jackson, Graham

Tadjedeh
Anderson

keep one spot open somewhere for the one Import Draft pick...and a couple more spots for more over-agers
if the Flyers say Sbisa is staying in the show for good, I would personally trade Sbisa's rights for a conditional pick in order to bring in two new Euros to help this young roster up above

No doubt that #7 is the captain

what do you all think?? am i close with this roster?

I would think Taylor will be in there somewhere. He was quite impressive last year, even though he saw limited ice. He has an even better chance if Sutter is the GM, as I know he's well liked by him.

grainbear
06-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Pretty good list by Caner 77 , what is the word on both Paulides and Senkbeil are the coming . Also any word on Adam Reid . I also would not rule G taylor or Shane Brolly as making this team. It will depend also what we choose in the Euro draft I see us taking a scoring center man if available

Brandonite
06-12-2009, 06:19 AM
You guys can quit talking about Luca Sbisa coming back next season FOR SURE!! Seriously, Im shocked he even came back last year after the amount of time he had put in Philly. Also, considering after the Hurricanes season ended Sbisa was in the lineup for the Flyers in the playoffs against Sidney Crosby and the Penguins! Its very obvious that Philadelphia loves this kid and wants him in the show right now. He aint gonna be back if they had that much confidence in him to literally throw him into the thick of things in the middle of an intense playoff series. And really, he never looked much outta place. Junior isnt gonna do him any good...

scrawny69
06-12-2009, 08:52 AM
vci34While I probably dont agree with the comments from "Brandonite" about Luca staying with the Flyers for the entire season next year...I belive we should trade his rights away at the Euro draft and draft 2 top line defencemen if possible.....I have fears of our team having an extremely weak defense if we are to relly on the likes of Rykman and Yadlowski to be our top 2 guys! Just my opinion of course!vci34

taylor0017
06-12-2009, 11:40 AM
We are very much in trouble if Ryckman is a top 4 defencemen...I agree trade the rights to luca away for something we can use this season ! haha

shushu
06-12-2009, 02:05 PM
haging on the sbisa's right was the cash that philly pays the team for keeping him up in the big league before he is an overager.......a good sum of money from what roy said..............but i maybe wrong............

canes77
06-12-2009, 08:13 PM
I would think Taylor will be in there somewhere. He was quite impressive last year, even though he saw limited ice. He has an even better chance if Sutter is the GM, as I know he's well liked by him.

Yes LHF, my bad!
I dont know how I missed adding Taylor onto that roster...he should def be there!

And grainbear, I'm not sure if the US guys (Paulides and Senkbeil) are coming up...I hope so, it would make training camp (and the team) better! But you never know, with all the changes upstairs.