PDA

View Full Version : NHL DRAFT

Brandonite
06-13-2009, 09:30 PM
Just cerious to know what WHL players should be getting drafted this season?! I started a thread like this already on the brandon site but Im wondering across the board who your team expects to hear their name at some point...any point of views?

Brandonite
06-13-2009, 09:31 PM
Just cerious to know what WHL players should be getting drafted this season?! I started a thread like this already on the brandon site but Im wondering across the board who your team expects to hear their name at some point...any point of views?

Just wanted to include for Brandon i believe we all agreed Schenn, Glennie & Melnycuk are all locks to hear their names at some point in the draft this year

LifelongChiefsFan
06-14-2009, 01:12 PM
Cowen is the only lock from the Chiefs to be picked. Many mock drafts are still having him go top 10 despite his knee injury. We'll see how that unfolds, but he'll be a first rounder, no doubt. Ulmer and Koper are up in the air. I think that Ulmer will get drafted but Koper won't. I don't have much to base that on, just a gut feeling. Tyler Johnson (who was eligible last season) may get picked late and if a team is particularly savvy, they'll take Reid with a 7th round pick (he's more than worth it, imo).

SectionNDeserter
06-14-2009, 01:49 PM
For the Rebels, I expect Ferraro and Mappin to hear their name on draft day, and possibly Kuemper.

Brandonite
06-14-2009, 05:23 PM
For the Rebels, I expect Ferraro and Mappin to hear their name on draft day, and possibly Kuemper.

Send Ferraro to Brandon:)

SectionNDeserter
06-14-2009, 05:35 PM
Send Ferraro to Brandon:)Ok! For Schenn and a 3rd rounder!

Chief Jeff
06-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Cowen is the only lock from the Chiefs to be picked. Many mock drafts are still having him go top 10 despite his knee injury. We'll see how that unfolds, but he'll be a first rounder, no doubt. Ulmer and Koper are up in the air. I think that Ulmer will get drafted but Koper won't. I don't have much to base that on, just a gut feeling. Tyler Johnson (who was eligible last season) may get picked late and if a team is particularly savvy, they'll take Reid with a 7th round pick (he's more than worth it, imo).

Koper is a lock to be drafted. In fact he is the 10th rated player out of the WHL here.

http://nhldraftnotes.blogspot.com/2009/05/koper-levko-lw-spokane-whl.html

Goonarsk
06-14-2009, 07:19 PM
Eakin is pretty much a lock to go somewhere, probably 2nd or 3rd round. Dowling might go, but I don't think anyone else will from the Broncos. Although, maybe this is the year that Doyle finally gets his name called, like Smith and Weise did last year...

bruiserfan
06-15-2009, 10:30 AM
Ryan Howse....only name I'll hear from Chilliwack...late 2nd round? (Drew Shore in the first round but Bruins only own his rights...he's never played)

HAF
06-15-2009, 10:43 AM
The only one thats even probable from Tri City this year will be Hughesman. And he will be a late rounder at best.

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-15-2009, 10:46 AM
I think Stefan Elloitt's name will be called for sure and possibly Adam Morrison and Burke Gallimore as well.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
06-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Carter Ashton is a sure first rounder, probably going about 12 - 16th. Brennan Yadlowski is ranked about 5th round but I would not be too surprised if he goes undrafted.

Malc
06-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Tyson Barrie is a probable late 2nd rounder; while Mitchell Callahan and Collin Bowman are maybe 5th rounders. Stepan Novotny and Evan Bloodoff are possibles too.

Brandonite
06-15-2009, 06:12 PM
Tyson Barrie is a probable late 2nd rounder; while Mitchell Callahan and Collin Bowman are maybe 5th rounders. Stepan Novotny and Evan Bloodoff are possibles too.

How about the back up from Kelowna who came in during the Mem Cup final? I dont even remember his name haha but maybe a team out there liked what they seen in the kid in the biggest game on his life and he played real well. Could be a steal pick

canes77
06-15-2009, 09:21 PM
Yadlowski will be a wild card...he is tiny 5'10, 175 or so...but plays like he is 6'3, 210, even instigated a few fights this yr...Im sure someone will draft him late considering he fits the mold of a "new NHL" player with his quickness.

I personally wouldnt draft Brody Sutter, but I have a hunch that his uncle in Calgary will take him in the 7th round simply because of the name...just like how his son Brett got drafted :)

Brandonite
06-16-2009, 06:10 AM
Yadlowski will be a wild card...he is tiny 5'10, 175 or so...but plays like he is 6'3, 210, even instigated a few fights this yr...Im sure someone will draft him late considering he fits the mold of a "new NHL" player with his quickness.

I personally wouldnt draft Brody Sutter, but I have a hunch that his uncle in Calgary will take him in the 7th round simply because of the name...just like how his son Brett got drafted :)

Exactly...if your last name is Sutter its almost a 100% guarantee your atleast gonna get drafted if anything. Another example of this is Brian Sutters son Shaun Sutter who was drafted in the 4th round about 10 years ago to none other than the Calgary Flames!

Malc
06-16-2009, 01:39 PM
How about the back up from Kelowna who came in during the Mem Cup final? I dont even remember his name haha but maybe a team out there liked what they seen in the kid in the biggest game on his life and he played real well. Could be a steal pick

Adam Brown (Rockets backup goalie) is too young for this year's NHL draft (DOB Oct. 12, 1991).

LifelongChiefsFan
06-24-2009, 01:10 AM
Koper is a lock to be drafted. In fact he is the 10th rated player out of the WHL here.

http://nhldraftnotes.blogspot.com/2009/05/koper-levko-lw-spokane-whl.html

I've seen him ranked anywhere between 10th and 30th for WHL players, but I believe you are correct about him being drafted. I meant to say that I think Koper will be drafted and Ulmer won't. But we'll see what happens. I'm pulling for a team to take a shot with Ulmer.