PDA

View Full Version : Seat Change Starts Today

negli99
06-16-2009, 08:55 AM
Seat Change starting today until June 18th.
Looks like there are alot of open seats this year.
Is it more than usual? Seems like a whole lot of red squares on the map.
Does everyone like the new changes of how the seat change works this year?

Map of available seats:
http://www.reddeerrebels.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=677&Itemid=26

hockey4
06-16-2009, 03:45 PM
at seat change day, rumor has it the team figures to be anywhere from 3700-4000 by the time the season starts. lots of companies downsizing with the economy and such. upon closer look at the map, red as a color is more dominating than white, so it appears they are everywhere. while they have lost ticket holders, i doubt its as bad as first glance

RDRebelsfan
06-16-2009, 05:48 PM
There's less due to what hockey4 said, but also since the team recently hasn't been fairing well, the casual bandwaggon jumper fans hop off the wagon. Once the team picks it back up again, everyone jumps back on board.

Tinner
06-17-2009, 10:28 AM
I would say that it is a 50/25/25 split. Many companies have downsized their involvement in supporting all types of activities, including the Rebels. the other 50% is split between fans that have had to cut back on their monthly costs as rents, insurance, food prices and everything else go up and lastly what has been called "bandwagon" fans.

The team, not having been winning is the problem, not the fans. Some people go to watch good hockey, win or lose and some go to cheer a winning team. The key words are "good hockey" in my opinion. This leads to a point I made awhile ago, the WHL must work with the NHL to change the draft year to 19 year olds and work on an agreement to keep the kids playing junior hockey. Over the last few years, had the Rebels, or for that matter, any team been able to keep their drafted players 1 more year, it would do 2 things....one, make the team(s) stronger and less relying on the younger kids to play at a higher level, therefore taking some pressure off them to perform at a level they can't play at and two, teams would not have to rush their drafts picks into playing at higher level, therefore letting them develop at the lower level.